I guess I have to grudgingly give this one to the ''body visor'' for that helmet popping uppercut...
but once it landed (and Thorburn finally woke up),
BV went ''Costanza'', and hid behind the cone of silence,
in an attempt to ''go out on top''.
Thorburn has one hell of a chin or Artyukhin has no punching power. Artyukhin with a clear win. He landed and landed. Thorburn was pretty impressive taking that many punches, but he kept fighting and tried to get back into the fight. Too bad the sweater went over his head.
I'm giving it to Thorburn out of principle. With non-fighters involved in spur of the moment clashes, the wearing of the visor can be forgiven, though still bothersome. But this guy continues to fight, playing as if he's destined to become an enforcer, on some imaginary and/or delusional level, and still wears the visor!!
Disgusting!!! And yeah Crow, you homer, it's chickens*** no matter how you look at it. Get off of your absurd bandwagon and recognize poor behavior when it stares you in the face.
Plenty to comment about but why bother, it falls on moronic ears. Draw? Win for Thorburn on princliple? God you people are so stupid.
1) Every fight R2 has had this season was started by his opponent.
2) He wears a visor, which I hate personally, but he doesn't take it off. If you're going to start a fight with him or jump him, you better get the visor off yourself.
3) He completely dominated Thorburn who isn't much smaller than he is.
4) R2 hasn't lost a fight this season and is a very dangerous opponent for anyone. That should give players a clue to not mess with him, he's one of the strongest athletes in any sport and has great balance. If he did ditch the shield and wanted to be an enforcer, he'd be a top 5 in my opinion as he has a great teacher in Rick Tocchet.
5) Last but not least, get over it and move on to the playoffs where there will be less than 10 fights for the next 2 months. The over/under is 10, I'll take the under. lol We're lucky we get to see those last few regulation games that had several fights in them, it will be the last ones we see until next season unless they try and nuke fighting all together.
Who the fuk cares if he wore the visor? I didn't look like Throburn did, he didn't give any hint that he wanted the lids off. You know the risks of fighting a guy with a visor and you accept them especially when you initiate the fight. Thorburn didn't have to fight Artyukhin, and during the squareoff Throburn could have made amotion touching his helmet or he could have said something to Arty, but he didn't. I guess the folks on this sight know better than Thorburn. Your little bulletproof vest comparison is just dumb, and try and tell me not having a shield would have made a difference in this fight. Thorurns best punch didn't come near to Artyukhins face, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Its just differing opinions, I persoanlly don't have an issue with anyone fighting with a visor on, again, both comabatants accept the risks of a fight and as I said, if you initiate a fight as was Throburn's case, don't expect more, he knew what he was getting in to. I'm targeting the people who are voting for draws and wins for Thorburn, who clear;y voted that way just because of their dislike of Artyukhin. It's morons like that who ruin the site. Say whatever you want about the visor ****, but don't say loss for Arty just because of that, its absurd. I'll bet you're one of em too.
R2 does what he does best, throwing jackhammer rights that do damage and keep most oppenents afraid from trading rights. Would have liked to seen the visor come off, but Thorburn made no motion to shed the lids, then used an awful strategy of throwing left jabs. He would have been better off getting in tight and "finessing" R2.
Arty needs to remove his bucket so he can go without the visor. What a twat. I cannot give him any kudos whatsoever, giant frickin turd. Thorburn gets major kudos for having three times the guts that the Russian p*ssy does not have. F*ck you Arty you weenbag.