Alaska's Lamoureux Ties League Shutout Record
Alaska's Lamoureux Ties League Shutout Record
Monday, Mar. 9th, 2009
Alaska rookie Jean-Philippe Lamoureux stopped 30 shots in a 2-0 win against Las Vegas on Sunday for his seventh shutout of the season to tie the ECHL record set by Maxime Gingras of Richmond in 1998-99 and tied by David Brumby of Jackson in 1999-2000 and Frederic Cloutier of Louisiana in 2001-02.
The 24 year old is 26-14-2 and leads the league in wins with 26 and save percentage with .923 while ranking second with a goals-against average of 2.30.
He is 4-1-0 with two shutouts, a goals-against average of 1.41 and a save percentage of .948 in his last five starts.
Everblades Become First Team In Kelly Cup Playoffs
Florida became the first team to qualify for the 2009 Kelly Cup Playoffs with a 4-1 win against Mississippi on Saturday.
The Everblades have reached the Kelly Cup Playoffs in every one of their 11 seasons and advanced to the Kelly Cup Finals in 2004 and 2005 and reached the conference finals in 2007.
Florida is 40-16-3 and leads the ECHL with 83 points. The Everblades won the Brabham Cup, which is the trophy presented to the regular season champion, in 1999-2000 and set ECHL records with 53 wins and 108 points. The 53 wins are now tied for the third most in league history while the 108 points are tied for sixth.
Everblades rookie goaltender David Leggio is 22-6-1 and leads the league with a goals-against average of 2.24. He is tied for second with 22 wins and tied for third with four shutouts.
Kevin Baker leads the ECHL with 47 goals, 22 power-play goals, 10 game-winning goals and 85 points in 58 games. He is trying to become the first player to score 50 goals since Andrew Williamson of Toledo led the league in 2000-01 with 52 goals in 66 games. There have been 41 players in ECHL history who have scored 50 goals and the most scored in the seven seasons is 49 by Chris Minard of Alaska in 2004-05 while the second most is 47 by Mike Wirll, who played for Cincinnati, Pensacola and Utah in 2006-07. The ECHL record is 85 goals by Trevor Jobe of Nashville in 1992-93.
Florida’s Peter Metcalf leads ECHL defensemen with 49 points in 46 games while he is second with 41 assists, 23 power-play assists and 29 power-play points.
The Everblades lead the league in scoring with 3.80 goals per game while ranking third in goals-against average with 2.63. They second on the penalty kill with 87.2 percent (341-for-391) and third on the power play with 21.4 percent (84-for-393) while their 13 shorthand goals are tied for third.
Reign Have Record Crowd Of 9,659
The ECHL saw its average attendance increase again after a weekend that included a record crowd of 9,659 at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, Calif. on Saturday. The league has drawn more than 2.6 million for 650 games which is an average of 4,128 per game.
The expansion Reign raised their average to 5,558 per game which is third overall while Gwinnett had more than 13,000 for two games to move into fourth place with 5,512 per game.
Stockton and Florida remain first and second with 6,221 per game and 5,617 per game after a weekend that saw both raise their average for the second straight week. The Thunder are trying to become the first team to lead the ECHL in attendance for four consecutive seasons since the Everblades led the league for a record five straight years from 2000-05.
Charlotte is sixth after raising its average to 5,177 with 6,103 on Sunday and Reading is seventh after having more than 10,600 for two games to increase its average to 4,936. South Carolina is ninth after 7,166 on Saturday to raise its average to 4,892 per game and Alaska is 10th with 4,662 per game.
Wheeling had its third-largest crowd of the season on Saturday to raise its attendance to 2,842 per game. The Nailers had 5,410 on Feb. 28 which was their first sellout since 5,596 on Feb. 26, 2005 and the largest crowd at WesBanco Arena since 5,235 on Apr. 4, 2006.
American Conference - North Division
* Cincinnati is 18-11-1 on the road and tied for the league lead with 18 wins.
* Barret Ehgoetz has a three-game point streak (2g-3a) and a two-game goal streak (2g).
* Cincinnati plays at Johnstown on Friday and at Trenton on Sunday.
* Greg Labenski has played 296 games in a Bombers uniform.
* Matt Auffrey (3g-3a) and Andrew Fournier (4g-3a) have combined for 13 points in six games since being acquired from Florida.
* Bombers host Elmira on Friday and Saturday.
* Mike Sgroi has eight goals and 16 points in 11 games with the Jackals.
* Steve Yetman leads the Jackals with 23 goals and 48 points in 52 games.
* Elmira plays at Dayton on Friday and Saturday.
* Chiefs are 20-9-3 at home and have won 20 home games in back-to-back seasons for first time since 2000-01 and 2001-02.
* Kris Mayotte is 4-0-0 with a goals-against average of 2.25 in his last four starts.
* Chiefs host Cincinnati on Friday and Wheeling on Saturday and play at Wheeling on Sunday.
* Levi Nelson scored his first career game-winning goal in 5-2 win against Cincinnati on Saturday.
* Dan Rudisuela has 20 points (10g-10a) in his last 17 games.
* Royals host Wheeling on Wednesday and Trenton on Saturday while playing at Trenton on Friday.
* Trenton is 5-0-1 against the South Division.
* Ryan Gunderson has scored the game-winning goal in each of the Devils last two wins.
* Trenton hosts Reading on Friday and Cincinnati on Sunday and plays at Reading on Saturday.
* Nailers are second in the league with 3.75 goals per game and on the power play with 21.6 percent (67-for-310).
* Rookie Bryan Ewing leads the ECHL with six shorthand goals.
* Nailers play at Reading on Wednesday and at Johnstown on Saturday and host Johnstown on Sunday.
American Conference – South Division
* Checkers are 18-8-6 in one-goal games including 4-2 in overtime and 4-4 in shootouts.
* Mike Bayrack leads the team with 18 goals, 36 assists and 54 points in 54 games.
* Checkers host Gwinnett on Tuesday and Saturday and South Carolina on Sunday.
* Florida has reached the Kelly Cup Playoffs in every one of their 11 seasons.
* Peter Metcalf leads ECHL defensemen with 49 points (8g-41a) in 46 games.
* Florida plays at Mississippi on Friday and Saturday and at Gwinnett on Sunday.
* Gladiators are tied for the league lead with 14 shorthand goals.
* Josh Johnson tied his career high with 42 saves in 5-4 shootout win against Trenton on Saturday.
* Gladiators play at Charlotte on Tuesday and Saturday and at South Carolina on Friday and host Florida on Sunday.
Mississippi Sea Wolves
* Mississippi is 5-1-1 in their last seven home games and 17-11-4 overall at home.
* Ryan Cruthers is fifth among ECHL rookies with 56 points (27g-32a) in 53 games.
* Mississippi hosts South Carolina on Tuesday and Wednesday and Florida on Friday and Saturday.
South Carolina Stingrays
* Stingrays have won their last two shootouts with Charlotte to improve to 3-2 overall in shootouts.
* Jonathan Boutin recorded his third shutout of the season and first with the Stingrays on Saturday.
* Stingrays play at Mississippi on Tuesday and Wednesday and at Charlotte on Sunday while hosting Gwinnett on Friday.
National Conference - Pacific Division
* Bakersfield is 4-1-0 against Utah.
* Tylor Michel scored his first career hat trick in 8-4 win against Utah on Mar. 4.
* Bakersfield hosts Utah on Friday and Saturday.
Las Vegas Wranglers
* Wranglers play nine of their last 12 games at home where they are 15-10-2.
* Tyler Mosienko has five goals and nine points in his last six games.
* Wranglers host Idaho on Friday and Saturday.
* Ontario has won its last three road games to improve to 15-10-2 in away games.
* Jeff Zatkoff is 2-0-0 with a goals-against average of 2.00 in his last two starts.
* Ontario plays at Victoria on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
* Andrew Perugini is 14-4-0 in his last 18 games.
* Ryan Huddy has scored club record 31 goals.
* Thunder do not play until Mar. 18 when they visit Ontario.
National Conference - West Division
* Aces are 13-2-0 in their last 15 home games to improve to a league-leading 24-7-1 at Sullivan Arena.
* Matt Shasby has a nine-game assist streak (11a) which ties teammate Cam Keith (13a) for longest assist streak in the league this season.
* Aces host Phoenix on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
* Matt Climie is 3-0-0 with a goals-against average of 1.33 in his last three starts.
* Garett Bembridge has a six-game point streak (3g-5a).
* Idaho plays at Utah on Wednesday and Sunday and at Las Vegas on Friday and Saturday.
* RoadRunners need one win to tie their club record of 27 wins.
* John McNabb (2g-4a) and Daniel Sisca (2g-6a) have five-game point streaks.
* RoadRunners play at Alaska on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
* Rob Hennigar has 16 multiple-point games in his last 30 games.
* Tyler Wooddisse scored his first professional hat trick on Sunday.
* Utah hosts Idaho on Wednesday and Sunday and plays at Bakersfield on Friday and Saturday.
Victoria Salmon Kings
* Salmon Kings return home for first time since Feb. 8 after 11 consecutive road games.
* Matt Kelly has six points (3g-3a) in his last seven games.
* Salmon Kings host Ontario on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Saturday.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 PM.