Victoria on Record 10-Game Winning Streak
Victoria on Record 10-Game Winning Streak
Monday, Dec. 29th, 2008
Back-to-back road wins at Stockton on Saturday and Sunday helped Victoria extend its winning streak to a team record 10 games.
Since beginning the season 3-6-0, the Salmon Kings have gone 18-3-2 to improve to 21-9-2 with a league-leading 21 wins and 44 points. Victoria, which won the last nine regular season games in 2006-07, returns home to host Bakersfield on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Wes Goldie leads the Salmon Kings during the current streak with 14 goals and 16 points while Olivier Filion has nine assists and 12 points and defenseman Dylan Yeo has nine assists and 11 points. Goldie leads the league with 27 goals and is tied for the lead with five game-winning goals while his nine power-play goals tie him for second and his 37 points rank him fourth. Filion is fifth in the league with 23 assists while his 11 power-play assists tie him for third and his 31 points tie him for 11th. Yeo leads league defensemen with eight goals and 28 points and he is tied for the lead with 20 assists and four power-play goals while his 15 power-play points and 11 power-play assists rank second.
In the last 10 games Todd Ford is 6-0-0 with two shutouts, a goals-against average of 1.50 and a save percentage of .949 and Jonathan Boutin is 1-0-0 with a goals-against average of 1.00 and a save percentage of 971. Julien Ellis started the other three games before being recalled to Manitoba of the American Hockey League on Dec. 15 and he was 3-0-0 with a shutout, a goals-against average of 1.00 and a save percentage of .956.
Victoria leads the league in goals-against average with 2.22 and is tied for fifth in scoring with 3.47 goals per game.
The Salmon Kings are fourth in the league on the penalty kill with 87.0 percent (141-for-162) and 10th on the power play with 17.0 percent (34-for-200).
National Conference – West Division
* Alaska is 8-0-3 at home against Stockton.
* Aces lead the league on the penalty kill with 90.6 percent (154-for-170).
* Alaska hosts Stockton on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
* Rookies Matt McKnight (2g-1a) and Ben Nelson (2g-1a) each have a three-game point streak.
* Rookie Matt Climie has won his last five starts and is 7-1-0 in his last eight games.
* Steelheads play at Ontario on Friday and Saturday.
* RoadRunners have killed off 79 of their opponents last 87 power play chances (90.8 percent).
* Phoenix has five shorthand goals, tying their season total from a year ago.
* RoadRunners host Bakersfield on Tuesday.
* Grizzlies are 3-1-3 in their last seven games.
* Michael Mole leads the ECHL with 1,547 minutes and 783 saves.
* Grizzlies play at Las Vegas on Friday and Saturday.
Victoria Salmon Kings
* Salmon Kings have outscored their opponents 21-2 in the third period during their 10-game winning streak.
* Wes Goldie has 14 goals, three game-winning goals and 17 points in December.
* Salmon Kings host Bakersfield on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
National Conference – Pacific Division
* Condors have not allowed a power-play goal (18-for-18) in their last five games.
* Andrew Ianiero has a seven-game point streak (7g-6a).
* Condors play at Phoenix on Tuesday and at Victoria on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Las Vegas Wranglers
* Wranglers are 9-1-0 when leading after one period and 11-0-1 when leading after two periods.
* Rookie Adam Miller has a five-game point streak (3g-6a) and a five-game assist streak (6a).
* Wranglers host Utah on Friday and Saturday.
* Reign are fifth in the ECHL on the power play with 20.2 percent (38-for-188).
* Todd Jackson (2g-3a) and Jon Francisco (4g-4a) each have a five-game point streak.
* Reign host Idaho on Friday and Saturday.
* Thunder are 3-1-0 in their last four games at Alaska.
* Ryan Huddy leads Stockton and is seventh among ECHL rookies with 27 points (14g-13a).
* Thunder play at Alaska on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
American Conference – South Division
* Jeff Jakaitis is 2-0-0 with a shootout win, a shutout and a goals-against average of 0.48 in his last two starts.
* Mike Bayrack has an eight-game point streak (10g-11a).
* Checkers play at Florida on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
* Everblades are second in the league in goals per game with 4.00 and fifth in goals-against average with 2.64.
* Kevin Baker leads the league with 42 points and 11 power-play goals and is second with 23 goals.
* Everblades host Charlotte on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
* Gladiators lead the league with 39.66 shots per game and are second for shots allowed with 26.93.
* Jordan Fox leads the team with 12 goals, 18 assists and 30 points.
* Gladiators host Mississippi on Monday and South Carolina on Saturday while playing at South Carolina on Friday.
Mississippi Sea Wolves
* Rookie Ryan Cruthers leads the team with 18 goals, six power-play goals, 17 assists, 35 points and a plus-minus rating of +8.
* Mississippi is 8-0-2 when leading after two periods.
* Sea Wolves play at Gwinnett on Monday and at South Carolina on Wednesday and Sunday.
South Carolina Stingrays
* Stingrays have won their last three games to improve to 7-3-0 in their last 10 games.
* Michael Dubuc had career highs with four goals and four points on Sunday.
* Stingrays host Mississippi on Wednesday and Sunday and Gwinnett on Friday while playing at Gwinnett on Saturday.
American Conference – North Division
* T.J. McElroy leads ECHL defensemen in shooting percentage with 19.4 percent (7-for-36).
* Rookie defenseman Frederic St. Denis has seven assists in his last four games.
* Cyclones play at Wheeling on Wednesday and at Johnstown on Friday and Saturday.
* Bombers are 7-0-1 when they score first and 8-0-0 when they lead after the first period.
* Rookie Paul Drew is 2-0-1 with a goals-against average of 2.22 in his last three starts.
* Bombers play at Trenton on Friday and Saturday and at Reading on Sunday.
* Josh Aspenlind has a five-game point streak (3g-2a).
* Defenseman Wes Cunningham has five points (3g-2a) in his last four games.
* Jackals play at Trenton on Tuesday and at Wheeling on Friday and Saturday.
* Reached 20 wins in 30 games breaking the record of 33 games set in 1991-92.
* Randy Rowe registered his 100th career assist as a Chief on Sunday.
* Chiefs play at Reading on Tuesday before hosting Trenton on Wednesday and Cincinnati on Friday and Saturday.
* Michael Ouzas made 36 saves in his first start for Reading, a 4-2 win at Dayton on Saturday.
* Brock Hooton is tied for the league lead with three shorthand goals.
* Royals host Johnstown on Tuesday and Dayton on Sunday.
* Devils are fourth in the league on the power play with 20.7 percent (31-for-150).
* Eric Castonguay has a seven-game point streak (4g-5a).
* Devils host Elmira on Wednesday and Dayton on Friday and Saturday while playing at Johnstown on Wednesday.
* Nailers lead the league with 126 goals and 4.34 goals per game.
* Jordan Morrison leads league rookies with 26 assists and 38 points.
* Nailers host Cincinnati on Wednesday and Elmira on Friday and Saturday.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.