Everblades Have Record-Setting Week
Everblades Have Record-Setting Week
Monday, Dec. 1st, 2008
The Florida Everblades set ECHL records for longest shutout sequence on the road (214:19) and longest shutout sequence for the regular season (214:19) and tied the record for consecutive shutouts (3).
After not allowing a goal in the final 31:58 of a 2-1 win at Augusta on Nov. 21, Florida posted shutouts at Augusta on Nov. 22, at Gwinnett on Nov. 25 and at Reading on Nov. 28 before surrendering a goal at 2:21 of the first period in a 7-6 loss at Trenton on Nov. 29.
The Everblades eclipsed the regular season shutout record of 203:05 by Hampton Roads from Mar. 23-29, 1997 and the road record of 214:16 by Trenton from Nov. 18-Dec. 8, 2000. Florida tied the record of three consecutive shutouts by Hampton Roads from Mar. 25-29.
The longest shutout sequence in league history is 236:03 by Hampton Roads from Mar. 23-Apr. 2, and it includes 32:58 in the first game of the Kelly Cup Playoffs.
Anton Khudobin was 2-0-0 with two shutouts and did not allow a goal for 122:21 while rookie David Leggio was 2-0-0 with a shutout and did not allow a goal for 91:58. Khudobin is 8-1-0 and leads the league with three shutouts while ranking third with a goals-against average of 1.72 and a save percentage of .939. Leggio is 5-2-1 and is tied for second with two shutouts while ranking fifth in save percentage with .928 and sixth in goals against average with 2.16.
The Everblades were 11-1-0 with five shutouts and outscored their opponents 57-18 in November to move into first place in the South Division with 27 points and a 13-3-1 record.
Florida leads the league in goals per game (4.24), goals-against average (2.00), penalty killing (89.7 percent) and shutouts (5) while ranking second on the power play (22.8 percent). The Everblades are the only team that has not allowed a shorthand goal and they are tied for the league lead with six shorthand goals.
Kevin Baker is third in the league with 26 points and is tied for fourth with 13 goals. He is tied for the league lead with eight power-play goals and tied for fourth with 12 power-play points. Danick Bouchard leads all rookies and is tied for the overall league lead with four game-winning goals.
National Conference - Pacific Division
* Condors had the largest crowd in team history with 8,929 on Saturday.
* Matt Pope is tied for second among league rookies with 11 goals.
* Condors play at Alaska on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
* Falcons are third in the league in goals-against average with 2.44.
* Rookie Michael Ouzas is 2-1-0 with a shutout and a save percentage of .931 in his last three starts.
* Falcons play at Las Vegas on Monday and Tuesday before hosting Victoria on Friday and Saturday and Stockton on Sunday.
Las Vegas Wranglers
* Shawn Limpright is the first player in team history to record 100 career assists.
* Tyler Mosienko leads the Wranglers in plus-minus rating with +12.
* Wranglers host Fresno on Monday and Tuesday and play at Phoenix on Wednesday and Friday.
* Reign are third in the ECHL on the power play with 21.7 percent.
* Jon Francisco is eighth in the league with five power-play goals and leads the team with seven goals.
* Reign host Alaska on Monday, Victoria on Wednesday and Sunday and Stockton on Friday.
* Stockton is eighth in the league in scoring with 3.20 goals per game.
* Ryan Huddy is tied for eighth among league rookies with 18 points (8g-10a).
* Thunder play at Ontario on Friday and Saturday before hosting Fresno on Sunday.
National Conference - West Division
* Aces lost back-to-back games for first time with 4-3 loss at Stockton on Saturday and 3-2 loss at Ontario on Sunday.
* Cam Keith has a 13-game point streak (4g-15a), the longest streak in the league this season.
* Aces play at Ontario on Monday and host Bakersfield on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
* Mark Bomersback has 10 points (2g-8a) since returning to the Steelheads.
* Matt Climie is 2-0-0 with a save percentage of .955 in his last two games.
* Steelheads host Utah on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
* Craig Kowalski is fourth in the ECHL with 435 saves.
* Ashton Rome leads the RoadRunners with 10 goals and is third on the team with 15 points.
* RoadRunners host Las Vegas on Wednesday and Friday.
* Grizzlies have allowed only 12 goals in their last five games.
* Goaltender Michael Mole has started 15 consecutive games.
* Grizzlies play at Idaho on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Victoria Salmon Kings
* Salmon Kings are 6-0-1 in their last seven road games.
* Olivier Filion led the team in November with 11 assists and 16 points.
* Salmon Kings play at Ontario on Wednesday and Sunday and at Fresno on Friday and Saturday.
American Conference - South Division
* Lynx ended eight-game winless streak with 2-1 shootout win at Charlotte on Sunday.
* Rookie Scott Thauwald has two goals in his last three games.
* Lynx play at Mississippi on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
* Jeff Jakaitis is 3-1-1 with a shutout and a goals-against average of 1.37 in his last five starts.
* Rookie Ryan Hillier scored his first two goals in 6-2 win against Augusta on Saturday.
* Checkers host Gwinnett on Thursday and South Carolina on Friday and play at Gwinnett on Sunday.
* Everblades lead the league in goals per game with 4.24 and goals-against average with 2.00.
* Anton Khudobin is 8-0-0 with three shutouts and a goals-against average of 1.56 in his last nine starts.
* Everblades play at Elmira on Wednesday, at Trenton on Friday and at Reading on Saturday.
* Gladiators are 3-2-1 all-time on Thanksgiving after 6-2 win against Augusta.
* Gwinnett is 49-for-53 on the penalty kill (92.5 percent) in the last 10 games.
* Gladiators play at South Carolina on Tuesday and Saturday and at Charlotte on Thursday before hosting Charlotte on Sunday.
Mississippi Sea Wolves
* Ryan Munce earned first shutout of the year making 34 saves in 2-0 win against Charlotte on Nov. 25.
* Pat Oliveto’s first goal of the season was the game winner in 5-4 overtime victory against South Carolina on Thursday.
* Sea Wolves host Augusta on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
South Carolina Stingrays
* South Carolina is second in the South Division with 20 power-play goals.
* Ben Boudreau, son of Washington Capitals head coach Bruce Boudreau, had an assist in his first game with the Stingrays on Friday.
* Stingrays host Gwinnett on Tuesday and Saturday and play at Charlotte on Friday.
American Conference - North Division
* Cyclones traveled 1,420 miles last weekend visiting Elmira, Johnstown and Trenton.
* Chuck Weber is 101-50-15 and recorded his 100th victory with 6-3 win at Johnstown on Saturday.
* Cyclones host Dayton on Wednesday and Johnstown on Friday and Saturday.
* Bombers were 18-for-20 (90 percent) on the penalty kill in four games last week.
* Nino Musitelli has a six-game point streak (1g-6a) and a six-game assist streak (6a).
* Bombers play at Cincinnati on Wednesday and host Wheeling on Friday and Saturday.
* Jackals are 6-for-16 (37.5 percent) on the power play in their last three games.
* Rookie defenseman Slavomir Tomko has four points (0g-4a) in his last four games.
* Jackals host Florida on Wednesday, Reading on Friday and Trenton on Saturday before visiting Reading on Sunday.
* Kris Mayotte was 10-2-1 with a goals-against average of 2.33 in November.
* Rookie Andrew Sarauer led the team in November with 10 goals and 18 points in 14 games.
* Chiefs play at Reading on Wednesday and at Cincinnati on Friday and Saturday.
* Danny Taylor played 11 consecutive games before sitting out Saturday.
* Kirk MacDonald became the first player to have a multi-goal game scoring two power-play goals on Sunday against Dayton.
* Royals host Johnstown on Wednesday, Florida on Saturday and Elmira on Sunday and play at Elmira on Friday.
* Devils killed off 28 consecutive penalties Florida scored on the power play in the first period on Saturday.
* Gerald Coleman became second goaltender in team history to record a shutout in his first game (Brian Regan on Oct. 13, 2000 at Toledo).
* Devils host Florida on Friday and play at Elmira on Saturday.
* Nailers are 5-0-3 on the road.
* Curtis Darling was 5-2-0 with a goals-against average of 2.07 in November.
* Nailers play at Dayton on Friday and Saturday.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 PM.