Old 01-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Best thing going forward is the great play from all the players thus far. Solid goal play thus far, D looks much improved, and the offense is able to run 4 lines and continually be a threat to score.

Tangradi looked much better tonight. Set up Neal's second goal just by drawing away 2 Rangers. The thing I would like to see going forward is Jeffrey/Tangradi splitting time on the Malkin/Neal line.

Also a great change from last season they are not giving up the first goal and chasing the entire time, instead they are going for the jugular early and often. Love it.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post
Best thing going forward is the great play from all the players thus far. Solid goal play thus far, D looks much improved, and the offense is able to run 4 lines and continually be a threat to score.

Tangradi looked much better tonight. Set up Neal's second goal just by drawing away 2 Rangers. The thing I would like to see going forward is Jeffrey/Tangradi splitting time on the Malkin/Neal line.

Also a great change from last season they are not giving up the first goal and chasing the entire time, instead they are going for the jugular early and often. Love it.
Gotta hope it continues. They are still prone to giving up SHG as they did tonight, and in a tight game those can be killers. Stop being cute and shoot the puck. They are also taking too many penalties, just as they did last year. Other than that, I have liked what I've seen from them so far. Physical, playing good defense and getting plenty of contributions from guys not named Sid or Geno.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIsGood View Post
Gotta hope it continues. They are still prone to giving up SHG as they did tonight, and in a tight game those can be killers. Stop being cute and shoot the puck. They are also taking too many penalties, just as they did last year. Other than that, I have liked what I've seen from them so far. Physical, playing good defense and getting plenty of contributions from guys not named Sid or Geno.
Their second period play was textbook. 5 shot edge, no penalties, had 3 PP chances, chased Henrik, and scored a goal. That's the type of team the Penguins can be.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Hall of Famer

I DVR'd the game tonight and watched bits and pieces of it. Thought Vitale looked pretty good. I like Jeffrey and don't think he gets a fair shake, but Vitale is a terrific 4th liner.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:56 AM
All-Star

I'm very impressed with Brandon Sutter, he has been a great shutdown centre.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Tython View Post
I DVR'd the game tonight and watched bits and pieces of it. Thought Vitale looked pretty good. I like Jeffrey and don't think he gets a fair shake, but Vitale is a terrific 4th liner.
The thing a really like about Vitale over Jeffrey is that he's a stronger forechecker,finishes his hits,and really makes things happen from the fourth line...
Old 01-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Vitale is one of the best fourth liners in the league. Orpik and Martin have also looked solid.

Games Attended 2012-2013: 12
Fights Seen 2012-2013: 12
Old 01-22-2013, 01:00 AM
Hall of Famer

I'm actually jacked with how this team has started.Big game on Wednesday against the Leafs.Those games are always good.I'd love to see the Pens get up and see Engelland/Orr 3...
Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadubbin View Post
I'm actually jacked with how this team has started.Big game on Wednesday against the Leafs.Those games are always good.I'd love to see the Pens get up and see Engelland/Orr 3...
Thinking the Pens get their first loss and poor effort of the season, just because it's their home opener and only home game in the first 10 days of the season. I do hope Orr and Engelland have another go, maybe because Orr forces it to happen.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Would anyone care to enlighten me as to why the Pens would sign Mark Eaton to an AHL contract??I mean all of this talk of the Pens have a loaded defensive core in the system.Let the young guys play for Pete's sake....
Old 01-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Hall of Famer

@WBSPenguins: Tom Kostopoulos Signs PTO with Penguins

^ Kosto and Eaton signed PTO's.

Games Attended 2012-2013: 12
Fights Seen 2012-2013: 12
Old 01-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Roberts View Post
@WBSPenguins: Tom Kostopoulos Signs PTO with Penguins

^ Kosto and Eaton signed PTO's.
Yeah it's so they both can stay in shape while looking for work in the NHL...If it comes at the expense of younger guys having their development compromised.I'm against it..What is this.Bally's Fitness for washed up hockey players???
Old 01-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Would anyone care to enlighten me as to why the Pens would sign Mark Eaton to an AHL contract??I mean all of this talk of the Pens have a loaded defensive core in the system.Let the young guys play for Pete's sake....
Maybe because they lost 3 of their best young defensemen in the past week? The only real defense prospects they have left down there are Morrow and Samuelsson. Maatta, Pouliot and Harrington are all still in juniors, Bortuzzo and Despres are in Pittsburgh, and Strait took his talents to Long Island.

As for Kostopoulos, we already have one of him. His name is Craig Adams.

Last edited by FightingIsGood; 01-23-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingIsGood View Post
Maybe because they lost 3 of their best young defensemen in the past week? The only real defense prospects they have left down there are Morrow and Samuelsson. Maatta, Pouliot and Harrington are all still in juniors, Bortuzzo and Despres are in Pittsburgh, and Strait took his talents to Long Island.

As for Kostopoulos, we already have one of him. His name is Craig Adams.
I forgot Strait got claimed..Anyways I screwed up and didn't DVR the start of the game before I got home from work,but it looks like your prediction is blooming.I picked the game up with 12 minutes left in the second.I saw a crap load of turnovers,and 3 straight penalties...Typical big game in the Consol...
Old 01-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I forgot Strait got claimed..Anyways I screwed up and didn't DVR the start of the game before I got home from work,but it looks like your prediction is blooming.I picked the game up with 12 minutes left in the second.I saw a crap load of turnovers,and 3 straight penalties...Typical big game in the Consol...
Yep. This team still hasn't learned how to manage the puck and stay out of the penalty box. And people think they're a Cup contender? Not in my book they aren't. They have too many flaws to be a championship team...BIG flaws.