hockeyfights.com forumsfrcfcxsbbasrrbzddafrcfc

hockeyfights.com forums (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f94/)
-   -   2013 Official Thread (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f94/2013-official-thread-180789/)

Wadubbin 01-07-2013 11:58 AM

2013 Official Thread

I guess we can now start talking about the upcoming season now that the crapout is over.Personally I was hoping they would cancel the season so that my tickets for next year wouldn't cost me anything.But that's just my pocket talking.I'm glad they came back for entertainment purposes because it would be a long long winter without something to watch.

FightingIsGood 01-07-2013 12:14 PM

Well, I've sold off most of my tickets and will try to pawn off the rest of them (probably 6 or 7 games), put it with the money I've saved from the refunds for cancelled games and pay off at least 2/3 of the cost for next season.

But I am glad the lockout is over for entertainment purposes only, because all I will be doing is watching the Pens on TV and that at least will fill my nights/weekends. Not going to any games or buying any merch for the rest of this season. This was the most senseless lockout I have ever seen.

Kid Roberts 01-07-2013 03:44 PM

http://2.cdn.nhle.com/penguins/image...ate-1713-3.jpg

Wadubbin 01-07-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Roberts (Post 2540803)

Take a look at the only legit fighter on the roster for the season

Killah_punk 01-07-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wadubbin (Post 2540975)

Yeah Tanner Glass is going to become the new Craig Adams constantly getting owned. I hope Asham whoops him.

Killah_punk 01-07-2013 10:49 PM

For those who haven't had a chance to follow Malkin he was in beast mode in the KHL. 65 points in 37 games. He also scored 31 points in his last 11 games in KHL. He set the all time KHL PPG single season record at 1.76. Here's a highlight video of his KHL adventure.

Evgeni Malkin ??????? ?????? - Metallurg...

Kid Roberts 01-07-2013 11:03 PM

Why hate on Glass? He wants to play here. Embrace him!

FightingIsGood 01-08-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wadubbin (Post 2540975)

Well, they do have the guy mentioned in my signature, but with the short season, I hope he enjoys the bus rides in the A. Because he will not see one second of time in Pittsburgh.

Wadubbin 01-08-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FightingIsGood (Post 2541070)
Well, they do have the guy mentioned in my signature, but with the short season, I hope he enjoys the bus rides in the A. Because he will not see one second of time in Pittsburgh.

Exactly...I'd be surprised if we see much fighting this season because of the shortened season.And we'll never see Mac ever in Pittsburgh if you ask me.I do like Glass.He'll drop the gloves and hit.I think he's way better than Adams,but so is my grandmother...Either way I don't we're going to see much fighting at all.

Kid Roberts 01-08-2013 12:40 PM

Glass throws with both hands, so he's kind of exciting.

Killah_punk 01-08-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Roberts (Post 2541159)
Glass throws with both hands, so he's kind of exciting.

Yeah but going from having the toughest MW in Asham to Glass is a downgrade in the toughness department.

Kid Roberts 01-08-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killah_punk (Post 2541344)
Yeah but going from having the toughest MW in Asham to Glass is a downgrade in the toughness department.

I'm trying to stay positive here!!!!!!!

Killah_punk 01-08-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Roberts (Post 2541353)
I'm trying to stay positive here!!!!!!!

Glass got beat up more then Craig Adams did last season.

I am curious to see how active Joe Vitale will be. I did like what i saw from him last season. The good thing is Engo can pretty much hang with anyone except John Scott. With the short season and all i don't expect much fighting anyways so it least we will have Engelland dress most of the time. He also got to play overseas this year and was give lots of ice time so he should be in good shape.

thepolishkid88 01-08-2013 08:02 PM

Apparently the Pens season is a home and home against the Flyers on 1/19 and 1/20. Brutal opening, but yet really exciting. Nothing gets my hockey blood flowing more then watching these two play each other.

Wadubbin 01-09-2013 03:30 PM

I found it pretty funny that the Pens are considered the pre-season favorites to win the Cup.When it's the same exact team minus Staal/add Sutter that was atrocious defensively down the stretch,and with the worst penalty killing ever seen in years,if not for all time..Not that I've ever been the optimistic one here,but I'm not buying that crap...This season is going to be way too short to have any prolonged let downs...