Old 01-08-2013, 12:47 AM
Content Team

2013 Hype

After re-watching the scrums and fights from last year's playoff series, I decided to do a little big of digging and collect some Flyers/Pens fights to get our minds off the bitter aftertaste of the lockout. Maybe this will get some people a little more excited for the upcoming season, if only for the possibility of more fireworks like these.

Flyers vs Penguins, Apr 2 1989 Fight Night

Craig Berube vs Bob Boughner Round 5

Penguins vs Flyers Apr 29, 2000

Sandy McCarthy vs Dennis Bonvie 1/23/00

Gary Roberts vs Ben Eager Dec 11, 2007

Riley Cote vs Eric Godard Rd. 1 Oct 14, 2008

Godard vs Cote Rd. 2 Jan 13, 2009

Godard vs Cote Rd. 3 Feb 21, 2009

End of game fights Apr 1, 2012

Flyers vs Pens Game 3 - 1st Period stuff

1st period Game 3 brawl

Neal hits and 3rd period brawl

There's certainly no Berube/Tocchet/Richardson/McCarthy/Berube/Barnaby anymore. Lots more peewee stuff goes on in brawls today, but hopefully we have a couple good ones this year. There should be plenty of bad blood left over from last spring. I wanna see Giroux and Schenn ditch the lids and the sweet talk and get involved. No more catfights. Also, Neal needs to be legitimately taken out and pulverized.

Last edited by Phila26Flyers; 01-08-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Hall of Famer

Maybe Letang will pound Voracek again.

Games Attended 2012-2013: 12
Fights Seen 2012-2013: 12
Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 AM
Hall of Famer

Well Giroux apparently broke his wrists having the baton passed to him from Sid on national tv. What a *****.

Hartnell is busy eating Letang's fingers, not mention the Flyers still employ arguably one of the worst goalie contracts in the NHL.

I don't need videos to spike my hate for them, the halloween colors alone do that for me. There is nothing in this world worse then the Philadelphia Flyers and their organization. I say that from the bottom of my heart!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Some good bits there, some of which I'd forgotten about, particularly the '89 brawl.

Word on the street is that the season will begin in Philly. Works for me. Bring it on, bitches!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:53 AM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post
Well Giroux apparently broke his wrists having the baton passed to him from Sid on national tv. What a *****.
Very true about Giroux. He now carries the baton of best player in the world. You heard it from Laviolette himself. That became evident when Giroux dominated the competition and finished 3rd in playoff points with 17, in half as many games as the leader, who scored 20. What more can I say! Time's yours!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phila26Flyers View Post
Very true about Giroux. He now carries the baton of best player in the world. You heard it from Laviolette himself. That became evident when Giroux dominated the competition and finished 3rd in playoff points with 17, in half as many games as the leader, who scored 20. What more can I say! Time's yours!
Nah, he wasn't "passing the baton" to Giroux...he was showing him his ring, because that's as close as he'll ever get to one. All that "domination" earned him was a seat on the couch watching the Kings hoist the Stanley Cup.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:27 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Roberts View Post
Maybe Letang will pound Voracek again.
Do u mean Timonen?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidd21 View Post
Do u mean Timonen?

Jakub Voracek vs Kristopher Letang Sep 25, 2010 -...

Old 01-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Hall of Famer

any chance we get a real square off between sid and giroux? last years "fight" was completely lame. it was pretty much a wrestling match w/ a few punches thrown when the refs were there. im pretty sure they would both man up if called out, this isnt mike richards who sid is deathly afraid to fight.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Hall of Famer

I doubt it. I just hope Zach Sill somehow makes the team and kicks the crap out of some people.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan 27 View Post
any chance we get a real square off between sid and giroux? last years "fight" was completely lame. it was pretty much a wrestling match w/ a few punches thrown when the refs were there. im pretty sure they would both man up if called out, this isnt mike richards who sid is deathly afraid to fight.
I would be surprised if it happens. That doesn't rule out the possibility of another "heat of the moment" fight, though.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Hall of Famer

The Penguins and Flyers are soft. MacIntyre and Shelley will never dress. I am not excited about this rivalry anymore. We might get a couple of non-fighters having crap fights.
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
Old 01-08-2013, 06:32 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killah_punk View Post
The Penguins and Flyers are soft. MacIntyre and Shelley will never dress. I am not excited about this rivalry anymore. We might get a couple of non-fighters having crap fights.
These aren't the Berube and Richardson days, but the Flyers aren't soft IF Rinaldo, Sestito, and Simmonds all dress. Unfortunately, I doubt Shelley dresses much, so I'm hoping Sestito is a regular. Ideally, Rinaldo plays on the 3rd line, and Shelley and Sestito play the wing on the 4th line. For whatever reason though, we picked up Ruslan Fedotenko.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killah_punk View Post
It's better than nothing. But I have a feeling the Pens are going to get pushed around a LOT this season. After Engelland, they pretty much have no one else, and honestly I don't expect him to fight much since he'll be getting a lot of ice time. Glass and Adams are both punching bags, and though Vitale is decent with the gloves off, he's not a fighter. If the Flyers dress Sestito, Rinaldo and Simmonds, the Pens are sunk. I hope somebody else shows some balls when the inevitable scrums start happening.