Old 03-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Hall of Famer

http://nesn.com/2013/03/matt-hendric...aid-animation/
Old 03-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by srehm1 View Post
I saw this as it happened,and I wanted to know if the guy in the background(the second guy who looks where Hendricks is pointing) is Capitals staff,or he works at the stadium. He was woofing pretty good presumably at the fan in question,This video doesnt show it,does anyone have a longer video of this?
Old 03-16-2013, 08:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by majew17 View Post
I had no clue Marchand jumped Ribeiro,the camera got their late on my feed.I hate the Bruins actually,but they are very very entertaining to watch.If Hendricks wanted to jump someone because of the Marchand fight,why would he single out Horton? I like Hendricks,but he showed me a weakness today. Sorry you dont agree,but I think we all agree it was a great game
At least Horton can fight, and is arguably better than Hendricks. How is it that worse than jumping a guy who had never fought in his career? is it because people expect a rat like Marchand to go after guys like that, whereas Hendricks has been a respectable guys for the most part in his career?
“We’re doing it ourselves. We’re not children. We’re not unknowing combatants in this ring. We’re completely aware of what can happen, what, at one point or another, will happen.” - Kevin Westgarth (after being KO'd)

Los Angeles Kings 2012 & 2014 Stanley Cup champions!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Hall of Famer

One rat faced bastid going after another rat faced bastid.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picture time View Post
I skipped most of this thread. I just wanted I know if anyone pointed out that the rat face jumped a guy who's never had a career fight and didn't have the ****ing balls to ditch his VISOR???
No visor-fight goes unnoticed. That's why I won't declare a winner. Ever.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSTONMASSACRE View Post
This is Hockeyfights.com bra!
If you're gonna post count with comments like that sticking up for a guy who has never had a fight in his career then I suggest you move along.
http://www.soccer.com/
Not trying to stick up for Ribero, I think it's about damn time he fought in fact. I just don't see how people are making out the Hendricks-Horton thing to be so bad when a guy who's never fought had the same thing happen to him earlier. I understand that might be a little hard for you to grasp.
“We’re doing it ourselves. We’re not children. We’re not unknowing combatants in this ring. We’re completely aware of what can happen, what, at one point or another, will happen.” - Kevin Westgarth (after being KO'd)

Los Angeles Kings 2012 & 2014 Stanley Cup champions!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Another thread goes to sh*t after the first 3 pages. The common denominator is obvious. Anyways...

Win Marchand in the rat fight. He 'jumped' him, but Ribiero is a scumbag, so whatever.

Hendricks returns the favor and 'jumps' Horton, a guy who used to be pretty tough. Win Hendricks

Thornton wanting to initiate a fight against a lower class of fighter for his actions earlier in the game and Hendricks declines to go with someone in his weight class, McQuaid, who was also trying to get in Hendricks face for obvious reasons. Hendricks is just an awful fighter when it comes to balance, but he did manage to land two good ones to McQuaids few weak ones. Draw

Volpatti and Olesky should have done something at some point, but the Caps team doesn't promote that kind of stuff ever since Brashear left. I looked at NHL.com box score and couldn't find him, was Erskine scratched?

Brashear beat your favorite fighter. Undisputed top 5 all time.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:41 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetardedChimp View Post
Another thread goes to sh*t after the first 3 pages. The common denominator is obvious. Anyways...

Win Marchand in the rat fight. He 'jumped' him, but Ribiero is a scumbag, so whatever.

Hendricks returns the favor and 'jumps' Horton, a guy who used to be pretty tough. Win Hendricks

Thornton wanting to initiate a fight against a lower class of fighter for his actions earlier in the game and Hendricks declines to go with someone in his weight class, McQuaid, who was also trying to get in Hendricks face for obvious reasons. Hendricks is just an awful fighter when it comes to balance, but he did manage to land two good ones to McQuaids few weak ones. Draw

Volpatti and Olesky should have done something at some point, but the Caps team doesn't promote that kind of stuff ever since Brashear left. I looked at NHL.com box score and couldn't find him, was Erskine scratched?
This is a factual account of what went down. So many delusional accounts of what happened it's silly.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:49 PM
Veteran

I actually felt bad for Hendricks. He clearly didn't want to go with anyone in the 3rd period.

Hendricks did look to land a nice right on McQuaid, who has been showing a solid chin lately.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Garden View Post
[/b] I made a passing remark about Riberio, gimme a break. Nonetheless it goes both ways, as a Habs fan said below.

For all the talking in the media and mocking Alzner does, he certainly doesn't back it up with physical play on the ice. Who's stopping him from picking a fight? Instead of making empty threats, actually do something.

So did you notice and comment on it?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Erskine is on IR with some sort of upper body injury. Could've used him today
"The season before that, I had a really good camp, had some goals, and still got sent down to the minors. I needed to figure out a way to make the opening night roster. And talking to a good friend of mine, he said 'You've got to fight.' He said, 'If you don't do it, someone else will,' and I kind of stick by that motto now."

-Matt Hendricks
Old 03-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phila26Flyers View Post
Yeah, par for the course with Bruins threads, no matter who the other team is. What do you think of Hendricks dodging Thornton?
I believe I made that clear in an earlier post.
But at least he dropped the gloves with McQuaid.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:14 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins29 View Post
I believe I made that clear in an earlier post.
But at least he dropped the gloves with McQuaid.
You're right, I missed it.
Quote:
Hendricks antics continue as he is challenged by Thornton for his cowardly actions earlier in the game...and he isn't man enough to answer the bell. Pathetic.
So what does that make Lucic for also running from a fighter out of his class.* Seriously, I'm not trolling here, and I'm not one of those Bruins haters who posts that video for no reason. It's a legitimate question and very similar to what transpired today. You have one team's heavyweight goading an opponent into answering the bell for a prior incident. Some of you guys are calling Hendricks a coward for dodging Thornton, and won't answer one simple question: if Hendricks' move was cowardly, what about Lucic?

*The disparity between Lucic and Laraque is actually a lot narrower than Hendricks and Thornton.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phila26Flyers View Post
You're right, I missed it.

So what does that make Lucic for also running from a fighter out of his class.* Seriously, I'm not trolling here, and I'm not one of those Bruins haters who posts that video for no reason. It's a legitimate question and very similar to what transpired today. You have one team's heavyweight goading an opponent into answering the bell for a prior incident. Some of you guys are calling Hendricks a coward for dodging Thornton, and won't answer one simple question: if Hendricks' move was cowardly, what about Lucic?

*The disparity between Lucic and Laraque is actually a lot narrower than Hendricks and Thornton.
Never happened. Check out this article.
http://www.allhabs.net/uncategorized...fight-laraque/
Old 03-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Content Team

Quote:
Never happened. Check out this article.
http://www.allhabs.net/uncategorized...fight-laraque/
I knew someone would bring that up, but I didn't think it would take 10 pages of dodging my question.

It's an excuse. Coach's orders, so what? Looch wasn't going to go anywhere near Laraque anyway. He had ample time to save face and he didn't.

I'm no Looch hater, but you can't call one soda and the other one pop. They either both wussed out, or neither did.
Closed Thread

Tags
adam mcquaid, boston bruins, brad marchand, matt hendricks, mike ribeiro, nathan horton, washington capitals