Old 02-20-2013, 01:19 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold View Post
That 2nd fight may have been between Nazem Kadri and Victor Hedman but all I have to say after watching it is that Colton Orr is the best enforcer and one of the baddest mother****ers in the league.
I would absolutely love to play with this guy on my wing.
agree with this,leafs are fuking awsome this year playing so many tough guys,with Orr the pick of them
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2013, 02:50 AM
Hall of Famer

Win Crombeen I guess, meh.
Win Kadri I guess, meh.
Win Fraser

Do miss Aulie on Toronto.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:21 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold View Post
A 6'6 dude was taking liberties on Orr's 6'nothing line mate and team-leading scorer. There's nothing more that needs to be said.
Taking liberties, are you blind FFS. The guys (Kadri, Hedman) were trying to fight, let em go damnit..

It is not exactly like Orr was defending Kadri from Brian McGrattan.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:51 AM
Hall of Famer

Sucks the Leafs lost, but at least they went down fighting!

Brown and Fraser with fights with Orr right in the thick of things with the hit on Vinny then going after BJ, then making sure his little linemate was ok in that scrum. Great enforcing!

Ah, the days are back where something happens every game!

John Scott is coming to Toronto Thursday, oh boy!
Gazdic vs Scott - Dec. 18th
Peluso vs Scott - Jan.5th
Old 02-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Hall of Famer

Win Crombeen

Draw

Win Fraser

I like the fact that Burke is finnaly molding the Leafs into a physical squad. They look to be developing a personality which is half the battle. Give Burke time he will get this fixed
Old 02-20-2013, 07:21 AM
Hall of Famer

Kadri on Hedman fight: 'It's not something I'll shy away from. I felt like he kind of initiated & I had to stand up for myself.'
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
Old 02-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge8954 View Post
Guess you didn't see what all took place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.cur_26 View Post
Taking liberties, are you blind FFS. The guys (Kadri, Hedman) were trying to fight, let em go damnit..

It is not exactly like Orr was defending Kadri from Brian McGrattan.
Yes, taking libirties. BNG is not blind but maybe the only one out of the 3 of you that saw Hedman start this with a nasty crosscheck. Orr is not standing around thinking "I wonder if my smaller line mate could handle the 6 inch difference in this fight". He doesn't care if it is McGrattan or Hedman, Orr is jumping in there to protect his line mate. Text book enforcing and thinking otherwise because it was Hedman is crazy talk.
Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock. - Mayor Vaugn
Old 02-20-2013, 07:47 AM
Hall of Famer

They both went back and forth with the sticks and then Kadri decides to sucker punch Hedman when they are all bunched together. That's why the fight happened. But if we wanna call it good enforcing by Orr then go right ahead. But I won't call it anything other then one dude jumping on the back of another just like 6 other guys on the ice were doing.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:01 AM
Hall of Famer

They were going back and forth because Hedman nailed Kadri with a crosscheck.

I agree that the others in the main scrum did their job. Couple Lightning players grabbed Orr and one finally grabbed McArthur out of the middle of the main bout. Colton pushed Crombeen out of the way and made sure to get a hold of the guy that crosschecked his smaller line mate. Protecting teammates is definitely part of enforcing and I agree that there were about six of them enforcing to some degree out there.
Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock. - Mayor Vaugn
Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Super All-Star

Mike Brown vs B.J. Crombeen

win crombeen

Nazem Kadri vs Victor Hedman

wasn´t really a fight... (thanks to the refs and the other players..)

Mark Fraser vs Keith Aulie

win fraser

"Religion is the opium of the people" - Karl Marx
Old 02-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Hall of Famer

The funniest thing about that Kardi-Hedman sequence, Orr somewhat went after Lecavalier, and in return BJ Crombeen came in and tried to break things up. Colton then reacted as if a 14 year old little runt had skated in there and was clearly not aware of what he was getting himself into. Colton then gave BJ a hard face wash of sorts, almost as if to say, "Run along home before I piss in your frosted flakes".

It would have been perfect if Lecavalier had felt they need to drop the gloves --- then Crombeen would have had another opportunity to skate after Phil Kessel for a minute or two. What an old school tough guy....
Old 02-20-2013, 12:19 PM
All-Star

That's the perfect hockey game there. We may lose, but were going down fighting. Wish all game were like that.

Wins:

Draw
Kadri
Frazer
Colton Orr, Toronto's Sheriff. Fraser McLaren, Toronto's Deputy Sheriff, Troy Bodie, Toronto's Patrolman, Carter Ashton, Toronto's Patrolman, Jamie DeVane, Toronto's Constable, Brad Staubitz, Toronto's Constable.

NASCAR is the Coolest form of racing on the planet. Add me on XBOXLIVE... GT = SterlingMarlin
Old 02-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Win Crombeen. He landed some solid punches while Brownies arm was tied up. Glad to see BJ willing.

The best part about Kadri-Hedman was Orr showing everyone that he is the best enforcer in the game.

Win Fraser. I think he would have done more if he didn't spend the first part of the fight trying to get Aulie's lid off.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues 34 View Post

I like the fact that Burke is finnaly molding the Leafs into a physical squad. They look to be developing a personality which is half the battle. Give Burke time he will get this fixed
Ummm, Burke was fired in the off-season.

But outside of the McLaren waiver wire, this roster is what Burke built. He just didn't have enough time after the Ron Wilson firing to run with it under Carlyle.
Gazdic vs Scott - Dec. 18th
Peluso vs Scott - Jan.5th
Old 02-20-2013, 05:01 PM
Hall of Famer

brown vs crombeen draw
kadri vs hedman draw
fraser vs aulie win fraser

'We weren’t searching for Sergei Zubov when we found him, we’ve just been looking for him ever since he left.' - Ralph Strangis

Tags
b.j. crombeen, keith aulie, mark fraser, mike brown, nazem kadri, tampa bay lightning, toronto maple leafs, victor hedman