Old 04-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesadillamal View Post
Finger should give birth to one ugly looking kid about 9 months from now.
hopefully it wont have a head like Domi, or he's gonna be skating funny.

Feed her !! Feed her !!! Swallow it biitch !!!
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Pro

This is why Orr is the best enforcer in the league. Fights everyone. Wins most of the time. And will force the issue when needed. Who else does that?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Orr vs Shelley = WIN Orr

Shelley didn't give him the rematch before, so this time Orr just went and got it.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Shelley looks like McCarthy did in his stint in NY.
edge Orr
Old 04-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Hall of Famer

I missed the game but Shelley's team is still battling for a playoff spot, Orr isn't.
As much as we'd like to see the fight I'm sure he knows Orr is a guy who is easy to goad into penalties
Old 04-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Hall of Famer

The fight was a draw but some of these comments about Shelley are ridiculous.
I've been looking for a 4th line for years now and since Anisimov has replaced Boyle and played with Shelley and Prust, the line has been great. They have been getting around 10 minutes a night because they are playing very smart, still taking the body and getting in on the defense and also have been scoring some points.
Shelley in no way is playing like McCarthy in NY. McCarthy was a 3rd line winger and showed he had some skills but he was no longer a physical presence on most nights and I'm not talking fighting. He just wasn't interested in playing a mean physical game.
Shelley always takes the body when he is out on the ice and does it hard but clean and has really played like a leader. You can see the impact his presence has had on his teammates.
With Prust and Shelley in the lineup, the team hasn't been pushed around or abused like they were earlier in the season. Now with Avery out, Voros is even playing good physical hockey and even scoring some points.
Prust has played 24 games as a Ranger with 4 goals, 8 points and 63 minutes and is a plus 3 and Shelley has played 19 games with 4 assists and 37 minutes and is a plus 5.
That is good production out of your 4th line players and yet they also always take the body and forecheck and play smart and both are plus players also!
I've been very impressed in Shelley and he doesn't have Sandy McCarthy's skills but he is playing smart and hard, McCarthy played better as a scorer on the 3rd line but was soft in NY!
You can see the difference!

They can fill the net on this guy tonight!
Phil Esposito
Old 04-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Time and Place... Time and Place. Whats shelley care about the maple leafs and colton orr at this point? Orr shows him that sometimes you cant help a fight...and orr costs his team again.

unfortunately the rangers win and still control their own destiny, but i understand why shelley didnt go... I'm sure hes been told not to fight a guy based on his name.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckendo83 View Post
Time and Place... Time and Place. Whats shelley care about the maple leafs and colton orr at this point? Orr shows him that sometimes you cant help a fight...and orr costs his team again.

unfortunately the rangers win and still control their own destiny, but i understand why shelley didnt go... I'm sure hes been told not to fight a guy based on his name.
What exactly did Orr cost his team? A 2 minute PK in a meaningless game? Orr could have taken 20 penalties tonight and it wouldn't have costed his team.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:01 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

You're right, Shelley is playing smart and earning more ice time and responsibility because of it.

They can fill the net on this guy tonight!
Phil Esposito
Old 04-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Pro

Quote:

orr took a 2 min penalty on the play- the rangers didnt score- how did he hurt his team- he was one the best leafs on the ice tonight- going to the net hard- hitting everyone- playing like he actually cares- which is rare for an nhl vet in the first year of a 4 year deal and already out of the playoffs
Old 04-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Orr flat out jumps Shelley and Jody somewhat comes back.

Shelley, more likely than not, was told not to fight but gets forced into this one.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Coach

Shelley didn't look too interested there, but I thought he did fairly well holding off Orr, and then by the end tried to sneak a few shots of his own. Still, I thought it was a win to Orr, just not as dominating or decisive as some are making it out to be.

That was a huge win for the Rangers. I thought it was kinda funny how a bunch of former Flames had some moments in this game - Jokinen with a goal, Prust played well, and Phaneuf the Goof finally scored for the Leafs.

- The Duke of Wellington after the Battle of Waterloo, June 18, 1815.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:43 AM
All-Star

Now if this was Derek Boogaard who did this, a bunch of people would be p.m.s.ing like pregnant b*itches...
Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Rookie

I'm a huge Orr fan but this was ridiculous.

Orr really looked like an idiot out there. Like what are you doing Orr?

OBVIOUSLY Shelley wasnt going to fight him, the rangers 4th line has been doing AWESOME lately. Torts prob told shelley not to oblige Orr. Which he shouldnt. This isint the 40th game of the season. This is the 80th game of the season. Shelley did the right thing. Get jumped lol

Whatever Orr is still a clown. But looked really really dumb here.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:01 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogeyman2383 View Post
Now if this was Derek Boogaard who did this, a bunch of people would be p.m.s.ing like pregnant b*itches...
What the hell are you talking about? People would love it if Boogaard forced somebody to fight.
Closed Thread

Tags
colton orr, jody shelley, new york rangers, toronto maple leafs