released
Old 02-15-2011, 02:31 AM
Super All-Star

There was a time when people were outright racist. Nowadays its undercover, if you can't come out and admit that there are racists on this site well thats your problem. Check out comments about the Stewart brothers, Go check out the comments about the fight at the IHOP in the website section of this site.' The herd gets rowdy at feeding time'

All of these members had some interesting comments:

Majew17
KillahPunk
IntoLegend
Suckerpunch
ghjkfdhgfd
Kam
Flatulantdeath
OvechkinFTW
etc
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCanadien View Post
But since this is PK Subban, a black man, it has become a big deal. Pretty easy to see who the racists are on this board.
No he's just an asshole, they come in every colour, race and gender as apparently evidenced by yourself. Welcome to the board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCunn8585 View Post
There was a time when people were outright racist. Nowadays its undercover, if you can't come out and admit that there are racists on this site well thats your problem. Check out comments about the Stewart brothers, Go check out the comments about the fight at the IHOP in the website section of this site.' The herd gets rowdy at feeding time'
Is this how you defend PK ,McC? You join your compadre TC go a step further and create a list of what...supposed"racist" members? I have seen you post for a while now and we dont agree very often but, I thought you where better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatio View Post

Newly acquired Leaf Joffrey Lupul was not happy that Montreal defenceman P.K. Subban started throwing punches before he got his visored helmet off when the two went at it with seven seconds left in the first period.

Subban said he didn't notice, but all was OK because he didn't land any big punches on Lupul anyway.

"If I'd have knocked him out when he was trying to get his helmet off, that's one thing, but I didn't hit him," said Subban. "It was fine. There was no animosity at all."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=353623
Chiefjunior, he did admit it in the media and there's your proof, apparently it's okay because he didn't knock him out? Speaks volumes about his attitude at the time anyway.

As was said before,by many, Pk is no fighter and never will be ,he's an agitator like most of the canadiens. The league has leaned this way for a long time. I like his skill set there's no doubt and he would be an asset to any team. Because he likes to chirp and agitate others on the ice he will continue to get challenged on the ice, I'm sure oneday he will throw one of those backwards hits at a Shelley or an Orr type player and that's the day he will get his real beating. Until then we will see more of his NBA-style antics.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCanadien View Post
So how many times have you seen Avery referred to as a monkey?
....but.... Avery IS a monkey.....Christ, LOOK at him LMAO

Last edited by Juicys1; 02-15-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:19 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJunior View Post
Maple Leaf fairy dust?
He's a FLYERS fan.....
Old 02-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Hall of Famer

this idiot guy - NoveKane - was debating with me. He actually defended him and he loves Subban. He even already think he'll be in hall of fame. He's the biggest Subban's lover/homer. He even defended him on his antics and all that crap.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:14 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdameo View Post
this idiot guy - NoveKane - was debating with me. He actually defended him and he loves Subban. He even already think he'll be in hall of fame. He's the biggest Subban's lover/homer. He even defended him on his antics and all that crap.
Hé might well be someday, ask me in 15 or 20 years if I'm still alive LOL. Until then Hes a kid with a great skillset that has a lot to learn from guys like Steve yzerman or Raymond bourque or Guy Carbonneau about how to conduct yourself.... Like GCB said let your SKILLS do the talking NOT your mouth, that stings the other team more than anything.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Super All-Star

Quote:

All of these members had some interesting comments:

Majew17
KillahPunk
IntoLegend
Suckerpunch
ghjkfdhgfd
Kam
Flatulantdeath
OvechkinFTW
etc
yeah I've seenr acist comments elsewhere on the site too, but that has nothing to do with a conversation anybody was having in this fight thread, so to make out that subban is only dislliked for his race is both a stretch and an insult to the people taking part in THIS conversation.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicys1 View Post
Hé might well be someday, ask me in 15 or 20 years if I'm still alive LOL. Until then Hes a kid with a great skillset that has a lot to learn from guys like Steve yzerman or Raymond bourque or Guy Carbonneau about how to conduct yourself.... Like GCB said let your SKILLS do the talking NOT your mouth, that stings the other team more than anything.
I don't mind him yapping, in fact I hoppe he keeps it up. he has great skill and is a great agitator, but he needs to back it up when the right people come knocking if he wants to play that style.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicys1 View Post
exactly, you said it perfectly
Old 02-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheady View Post
I don't mind him yapping, in fact I hoppe he keeps it up. he has great skill and is a great agitator, but he needs to back it up when the right people come knocking if he wants to play that style.
Agreed. I dont know about the hall Of famé tho.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Super All-Star

I cannot pretend to know what's going on in Subban's detractors minds. All I can tell you is this: everything this KID does is fodder for debate, Quebec is a notoriously racist province and I can tell you the interest in him here is also suspect. Lupul calls out Subban after his team gets beat and he loses a fight, Richards calls out Subban after his team is embarrassed and he's right, Crosby whines about Subban and he's right. Subban is no angel. Think about this, Subban is COCKY, Marchand is CONFIDENT?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I cannot pretend to know what's going on in Subban's detractors minds. All I can tell you is this: everything this KID does is fodder for debate, Quebec is a notoriously racist province and I can tell you the interest in him here is also suspect. Lupul calls out Subban after his team gets beat and he loses a fight, Richards calls out Subban after his team is embarrassed and he's right, Crosby whines about Subban and he's right. Subban is no angel. Think about this, Subban is COCKY, Marchand is CONFIDENT?
To me marchand is INVISIBLE except for receiving that hit.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Hall of Famer

P.K. Sudan fights like a miniature Steve McKenna.

Brashear beat your favorite fighter. Undisputed top 5 all time.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Super All-Star

again, there's nothing wrong with being cocky...as long as you back it up.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
He even got in trouble for fist pumping after scoring an OT winner.
Closed Thread

Tags
joffrey lupul, montreal canadiens, p.k. subban, toronto maple leafs