Old 04-12-2013, 12:48 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymaster1 View Post
You said something similar the last time they played. Yes, we realized he would beat everybody on the Kings. I'm going to say the same thing I said last time, nobody on the Kings even gives him the time of day, is I may steal Rupps saying "he's irrelevant", aside from having a nice hit every now and then, he has zero impact on a game, guys skate circles around him in open ice.
He's actually very good for a 6'6 enforcer. Doesn't put up too many points but is a good skater as well. Ironically, Rupp at the stage in his career when he said it and now was just as "irrelevant" as Bordeleau stastically (not counting the fact that Bordeleau can actually catch up to opponents and hit them whereas Rupp is quite slow.)

Bad example. Can't believe Sutter's gone soft either.
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2013, 01:21 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sheriff View Post
He just tied the game in the third period against a top team in the league. He's one of the best skating heavies in the league. You're incredibly ignorant when it comes to anything he's done.

I don't get why you're so defensive about him. The kings are a great team, far better than the avalanche. Just because I state the fact that no one wants anything to do with him on the kings doesn't mean they arnt a big, tough squad. Its just the fact they dont have a heavy. Appreciate the fact that a rookie enforcer in the 2013 nhl season is playing ten minutes a game and is very, very, far from irrelevant.
Figures he'd gets his first career goal after I say that. Congrats to him, and good on the Avs for playing him that much. But on a on good team he probably gets 2-5 minutes a game. And in a conference where tough guys are few and far between, he doesn't serve much of a purpose. Nobody on 11 of the 15 teams pay any attention to him. That being said, if it was even a couple years ago, I'd love to have him on my team.
“We’re doing it ourselves. We’re not children. We’re not unknowing combatants in this ring. We’re completely aware of what can happen, what, at one point or another, will happen.” - Kevin Westgarth (after being KO'd)

Los Angeles Kings 2012 & 2014 Stanley Cup champions!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:32 AM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Figures he'd gets his first career goal after I say that. Congrats to him, and good on the Avs for playing him that much. But on a on good team he probably gets 2-5 minutes a game. And in a conference where tough guys are few and far between, he doesn't serve much of a purpose. Nobody on 11 of the 15 teams pay any attention to him. That being said, if it was even a couple years ago, I'd love to have him on my team.
Don't confuse me with the vI turbo dude. I'm not some blind Bordeleau admirer. So when I say the fact he's been playing ten solid minutes a night, I mean it and I'm not wearing rose colored glasses. He's been one of the very few positives from a laughable Avs season. Dealing with a guy like David Koci for a couple years I know what a 2 minute a night enforcer is, and I can assure you Bordeleau is not that, no matter where he plays. He's playing regular shifts in the third period, not just because the Avs suck. It just kills me when a guy, especially on hockeyfights, calls a guy like Bordeleau irrelevant, when its just not even close to the truth.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n108GJ4Ux2I

You're a sidewalk cipher speaking prionic jive.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:33 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
You said something similar the last time they played. Yes, we realized he would beat everybody on the Kings. I'm going to say the same thing I said last time, nobody on the Kings even gives him the time of day, is I may steal Rupps saying "he's irrelevant", aside from having a nice hit every now and then, he has zero impact on a game, guys skate circles around him in open ice.
Lol you have to admit that's awesome he scored after you said that but I agree heavy weights are useless and are irrelevant if they don't force the issue against soft teams. The game as sadly changed.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Veteran

So apparently lucic denied carkner (someone who was at the game saw it) and Julien threw a tantrum at thornton when Martin ran peverly and thornton was on the ice and did nothing. I can't say I'm surprised though team just totally lacks any spirit. Chara or Ference better wake the boys up or were headed for a first round exit. Plenty of opportunities in the next five or so games.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Hall of Famer

What the hell is going on? Lucic declines, Thornton does nothing, Kassian and Neil decline Rosie. Sad state of affairs.
Ezekiel 25:17
Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Wondering if they have stopped playing for Claude, if that is the case fuk them.

Tags
nhl, possible fights