Old 03-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Clever admin title

Possible Fights 3/25/11

New Jersey Devils (35) at Pittsburgh Penguins (69) 7:00 PM ET - Preview
NJD: David Clarkson (12), Adam Mair (5), Mark Fraser (3), Rod Pelley (3), Matt Corrente (injured) (2), Ilya Kovalchuk (2), Travis Zajac (2), Mark Fayne (1), Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond (AHL) (1), Brad Mills (AHL) (1), Tim Sestito (1), Colin White (1), Dainius Zubrus (1)
PIT: Deryk Engelland (13), Michael Rupp (12), Craig Adams (6), Eric Godard (6), Arron Asham (5), Maxime Talbot (4), Matt Cooke (suspended) (3), Tyler Kennedy (3), Mike Comrie (injured) (2), Ryan Craig (AHL) (2), Brent Johnson (2), Kris Letang (2), Ben Lovejoy (2), Sidney Crosby (injured) (1), Pascal Dupuis (1), Nick Johnson (injured) (1), Chris Kunitz (1), Mark Letestu (injured) (1), Joe Vitale (1), Tim Wallace (1)

Florida Panthers (23) at Buffalo Sabres (29) 7:30 PM ET - Preview
FLA: Darcy Hordichuk (9), Bryan Allen (traded) (3), Ryan Carter (2), Mike Duco (AHL) (2), Kenndal McArdle (AHL( (2), Steve Bernier (1), Hugh Jessiman (AHL) (1), Dmitry Kulikov (1), Shawn Matthias (1), Dennis Wideman (traded) (1)
BUF: Cody McCormick (16), Paul Gaustad (5), Steve Montador (3), Patrick Kaleta (injured) (2), Mike Weber (2), Jason Pominville (1)

Washington Capitals (41) at Ottawa Senators (39) 7:30 PM ET - Preview
WAS: Matt Hendricks (14), Matt Bradley (9), John Erskine (5), D.J. King (5), Jason Chimera (3), Mike Green (2), Dave Steckel (traded) (2), Alexander Ovechkin (injured) (1)
OTT: Matt Carkner (injured) (12), Chris Neil (10), Jarkko Ruutu (traded) (3), Zack Smith (3), Chris Campoli (traded) (2), Brian Lee (2), Francis Lessard (2), Jesse Winchester (2), Mike Fisher (traded) (1), Nick Foligno (1), Milan Michalek (injured) (1)

Vancouver Canucks (27) at Atlanta Thrashers (30) 7:30 PM ET - Preview
VAN: Tanner Glass (questionable) (9), Keith Ballard (3), Kevin Bieksa (3), Rick Rypien (AHL) (3), Guillaume Desbiens (AHL) (2), Raffi Torres (2), Aaron Volpatti (AHL) (2), Andrew Alberts (injured) (1), Alexandre Bolduc (1), Aaron Rome (1)
ATL: Eric Boulton (questionable) (9), Chris Thorburn (5), Mark Stuart (4), Ben Eager (traded) (3), Evander Kane (2), Zach Bogosian (1), Alexander Burmistrov (1), Andrew Ladd (1), Bryan Little (1), Rich Peverley (traded) (1), Jim Slater (AHL) (1), Anthony Stewart (1)

Carolina Hurricanes (24) at Tampa Bay Lightning (17) 7:30 PM ET - Preview
CAR: Troy Bodie (10), Jay Harrison (6), Ryan Carter (traded) (2), Tim Gleason (2), Tom Kostopoulos (traded) (2), Bryan Allen (1), Chad LaRose (1)
TAM: Steve Downie (questionable) (6), Adam Hall (2), Pavel Kubina (2), Ryan Malone (injured) (2), Eric Brewer (1), Randy Jones (injured) (1), Mattias Ohlund (1), Matt Smaby (1), Nate Thompson (1)

PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST CLIPS IN THIS THREAD OR ANY RECAPPING THREADS.

DISCUSS THE GAME IN THE GAME DAY FORUM

DO NOT POST LINKS TO ILLEGAL STREAMS
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Clarkson vs. Asham
Hordichuk vs. McCormick
Hendricks vs. Neil
Old 03-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Clarkson vs Rupp
Mair vs Adams
Hordi vs Gaustad
Erskine vs Lessard
Bodie vs Brewer
Old 03-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Lessard hit King then they had a lengthy boring fight. Draw.
Rick Rypien
Lokomotiv
Add me on Xbox Live: SKoTTee85
Old 03-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Hall of Famer

King and Lessard just went. Caught the end of it. Have to see the replay.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Hall of Famer

King and Lessard in a long crapper. Lessard had a deathgrip hug goin for most of the fight.
"The season before that, I had a really good camp, had some goals, and still got sent down to the minors. I needed to figure out a way to make the opening night roster. And talking to a good friend of mine, he said 'You've got to fight.' He said, 'If you don't do it, someone else will,' and I kind of stick by that motto now."

-Matt Hendricks
Old 03-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Never saw that before. Hale hits Hendriks and highsticks him, cutting him open. The refs call the penalty, then call it back, even though Hendricks was bleeding. Hale had even went to the box.
Rick Rypien
Lokomotiv
Old 03-25-2011, 07:58 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Belak_2 View Post
Never saw that before. Hale hits Hendriks and highsticks him, cutting him open. The refs call the penalty, then call it back, even though Hendricks was bleeding. Hale had even went to the box.
Hale didn't hit Hendricks, Hendricks was going to hit Hale and Hale dodged it, high sticking him in the process. Weird situation, major dropped call, should have easily been a double minor. Refs not helping the tank at all....

Missed King-Lessard sounds like it sucked, lame. Lessard has been a disappointment, story of the season.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Hall of Famer

I think they pulled him out of the box because the high stick was the follow through on a clearing attempt. High sticking a guy on the follow through is not a penalty.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Veteran

How in the F is that a boarding penalty on Bradley? Beyond pathetic. Smith with big win in the fight. Bradley cut bad.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodywood4ever View Post
How in the F is that a boarding penalty on Bradley? Beyond pathetic. Smith with big win in the fight. Bradley cut bad.
It's cuz the refs know that instigator penalties are gaysville, so instead of putting ottawa down a man for 2 minutes, they balance it out as a way to tell Bettman to stick his instigator penalty up his ass.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJames View Post
It's cuz the refs know that instigator penalties are gaysville, so instead of putting ottawa down a man for 2 minutes, they balance it out as a way to tell Bettman to stick his instigator penalty up his ass.
uh, no.
"The season before that, I had a really good camp, had some goals, and still got sent down to the minors. I needed to figure out a way to make the opening night roster. And talking to a good friend of mine, he said 'You've got to fight.' He said, 'If you don't do it, someone else will,' and I kind of stick by that motto now."

-Matt Hendricks
Old 03-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJames View Post
I wish this was true.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Anyone know how Downie got a game misconduct on a Stamkos tripping penalty?
Rick Rypien
Lokomotiv
Closed Thread

Tags
nhl, possible fights