Old 03-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO213 View Post
This did not happen. Kassian challenged Thornton several times and Shawn is the one who ignored him. Kassian has been itching for a fight and challenging everyone left and right since becoming a senator, he wants to show sens management that he can fight. If Thornton had challenged him he would have dropped them immediately.
This did not happen either. Kassian and Thornton came together a few times and all they did was exchange words. In the 3rd period with the score tied, Lucic threw a big hit while Kassian was on the ice and Thornton skated right at him and came together. I thought they were going to fight also. The play went up ice and the two never wound up going. I thought for sure it was going to happen then. The same for when lucic and neil were sparring with each other. it looked like Lucic wanted neil to go but all they did was sort of shove each other a few times. the score was tied and you could tell neither team wanted to risk another penalty. i was surprised to see thornton and letendresse get into it but they got matching minors.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:09 PM
Content Team

I'll be watching the Boston-Toronto game tonight. I don't usually watch other teams' games, especially on the weekend, but this could be a good one on HNIC!
Old 03-23-2013, 03:36 PM
News Junkie

Kassian just beat Crombeen
Old 03-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by srehm1 View Post
This did not happen either. Kassian and Thornton came together a few times and all they did was exchange words. In the 3rd period with the score tied, Lucic threw a big hit while Kassian was on the ice and Thornton skated right at him and came together. I thought they were going to fight also. The play went up ice and the two never wound up going. I thought for sure it was going to happen then. The same for when lucic and neil were sparring with each other. it looked like Lucic wanted neil to go but all they did was sort of shove each other a few times. the score was tied and you could tell neither team wanted to risk another penalty. i was surprised to see thornton and letendresse get into it but they got matching minors.
Fair enough, I just took issue because the other guy was implying Kassian ducked Thornton, which is stupid. Kassian has been begging for a fight since joining ottawa, why would he turn anyone down?

Don Cherry: '' Yeah, you're a gutless backstabbing little ****.''
Old 03-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Kassian gets in his first scrap as a sen vs. of all people crombeen. How could he lose ? Win kassian as he throws several and lands a few as Crombeen is clearly overmatched. That French coach for Tampa showed kassian to not mess with lighting players . Ha...
Old 03-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by srehm1 View Post
Shrem.. I taped and watched the game the other night Boston vs. Ottawa and I was correct. At the 18:09 mark there was a whistle and Boston (julien) did send out thorntons line third. Wonder why? IMO he doesn't want Thornton in a so called appt. fight but that's just my opinion . Your right in stating that Ottawa had last line change so they could have switched!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Minor Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Garden View Post
Pandolfo is due for a game off just due to his age and the condensed schedule recently. This is a game you want to have MacDermid in for...if not he's better off back in Providence.
Totally agree. Pandolfo is long overdue for a night off. However, Julien isn't gonna break up the Thornton-Campbell-Paille line right now considering how good they've been in recent games, so unfortunately for MacDermid there isn't a fit right now. He must be frustrated, especially with all the Bruin injuries yet he's still not getting a go.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Fotiu View Post
Totally agree. Pandolfo is long overdue for a night off. However, Julien isn't gonna break up the Thornton-Campbell-Paille line right now considering how good they've been in recent games, so unfortunately for MacDermid there isn't a fit right now. He must be frustrated, especially with all the Bruin injuries yet he's still not getting a go.
You're right. Ideally you would just bump up Paille to the 3rd line to fill in for Pandolfo for the night and insert MacDermid.

A Thornton-Campbell-MacDermid line would come in handy for the Leafs 4th line plus Fraser.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Minor Leaguer

one of the Bruins' beat writers with this post a few minutes ago. Boychuck joins the rapidly growing injured list.

Here are the expected line combinations and defenseman pairings after morning skate:

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Caron-Spooner-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Ference
Seidenberg-Hamilton
Johnson-Bartkowski
Old 03-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondo View Post
Shrem.. I taped and watched the game the other night Boston vs. Ottawa and I was correct. At the 18:09 mark there was a whistle and Boston (julien) did send out thorntons line third. Wonder why? IMO he doesn't want Thornton in a so called appt. fight but that's just my opinion . Your right in stating that Ottawa had last line change so they could have switched!!!
I thought you had mentioned that thornton was on a different line other than his usual "merlot" line. In that game, the merlot line was used as a 3rd line. Julien switched them to the 3rd because peverley was scratched and the entire normal 3rd line was stripped of all their regulars and consisted of pandolfo caron and spooner. so that new line was our 4th line that game. julien said he was giving it a try do to the injury situation. i don't think he wanted to break up the top-2 lines. the bergeron line has been our best and krejci was fighting through an knee injury all night but played well with his regular linemates. sorry for the mix up there.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Fotiu View Post
one of the Bruins' beat writers with this post a few minutes ago. Boychuck joins the rapidly growing injured list.

Here are the expected line combinations and defenseman pairings after morning skate:

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Caron-Spooner-Peverley
Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Ference
Seidenberg-Hamilton
Johnson-Bartkowski
Just send MacDermid down, Julien has no intention of playing him.

The Bruins better pick up Bickel.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker_316 View Post
No I dont think so and now Ryan White is out of the game tonight with a lower body injury, so Blunden takes his spot.
Thanks. Maybe we get lucky and get a couple of MW fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
Scott is scratched for the Sabres
Barch is scratched for the Devils
I feel bad for Scott. He does his job as an enforcer then gets scratched. His services should not be needed tonight if there's no Prust.

https://twitter.com/Sabres_Captain
Old 03-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO213 View Post
Fair enough, I just took issue because the other guy was implying Kassian ducked Thornton, which is stupid. Kassian has been begging for a fight since joining ottawa, why would he turn anyone down?
no... I didnīt say thornton challenged him and he declined.. in fact they spoke 2-3 times but never dropped the gloves and it didnīt look that either was going to force the issue...

Thornton skated directly to him, because he thought kassian wanted someone after the big hit of lucic... if kassian would have challenged thornton he would have had a dance partner (at that moment)

I only mentioned it because someone said he was looking for a fight every game, but in fact he wasnīt (at that moment)

"Religion is the opium of the people" - Karl Marx
Old 03-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Veteran

Mitchell vs Wingels: Random fight at center ice while sj was on the power play. Wingels early then Mitchell lands a decent uppercut and takes over. Edge Mitchell in a decent scrap. Wish they would have ditched the visors.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Hall of Famer

After hopping on Lucic for not going after the bigger guns, I gotta say that he must be brutally strong - He can definitely go with anyone - when he stands up and throws that right cross that is a very potent weapon - it seems no matter how big or strong the opposing player is Lucic is as strong and probably stronger

I am slowly becoming a believer -
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the decision that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all." Fear always springs from ignorance."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tags
nhl, possible fights