Old 02-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Rookie

rangers=soft

fonzy you will regret not replacing mike rupp in the lineup with another heavy weight gaborik nash richards keep yr heads up teams are going to target them the bruins flyers and maple leafs islanders devils will take advantage of this
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Pro

Disappointed to see Bickel scratched for the Rangers. I don't think he's such a bad player, and he's a pretty good and willing fighter. The combination of trading Rupp and scratching Bickel has made our team go from pretty tough to very weak. No disrespect to Asham, who I like, but if he is our only decent fighter there will be a game or two this season where we will get run over and have no response. Hopefully tonight won't be that night, with the Bruins probably looking to re-establish their toughness.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR24 View Post
Disappointed to see Bickel scratched for the Rangers. I don't think he's such a bad player, and he's a pretty good and willing fighter. The combination of trading Rupp and scratching Bickel has made our team go from pretty tough to very weak. No disrespect to Asham, who I like, but if he is our only decent fighter there will be a game or two this season where we will get run over and have no response. Hopefully tonight won't be that night, with the Bruins probably looking to re-establish their toughness.
You guys are literally as soft as Detroit right now, I used to love watching NYR because every game was televised living in New York. You have Asham, we have Tootoo. Besides that who on the Rangers will go? Eminger Pyatt do once a year? We have Abdelkader or Ericsson, maybe Smith. Its pretty sad
Old 02-12-2013, 12:38 PM
All-Star

You don't want to play against a Lucic who doesn't have to look over his shoulder. Great opportunity for Boston to run around. Also Asham could be a great fight for Thornton coming back.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Who did Rupp get traded to? I must have missed that thread? I'm not surprised. Fonzie seems to hate HW's.

EDIT: I see Rupp went to the Wild. That sucks that he didn't go to a team without a HW. Now Kassian is really going to rot in the pressbox.

Last edited by Sugden Flu; 02-12-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Man did the Rangers ever get a lot weaker in losing Rupper.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:15 PM
Minor Leaguer

Rangers are gonna get there **s kicked tonight what a freakin weak lineup , No bickell, they have zero tough players what a joke .
Old 02-12-2013, 01:55 PM
All-Star

Scott taking his first seat of the year. I'm happy with his first 12 games, and the fact that Ruff had him in for so many. He has crushed Thornton and Sabres have had 0 cheapshot injuries. I'm sure he'll be in Friday for Boston!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em36 View Post
You don't want to play against a Lucic who doesn't have to look over his shoulder. Great opportunity for Boston to run around. Also Asham could be a great fight for Thornton coming back.
I hope we get slaughtered tonight. Maybe lose Nash or Richards to a big hit. I don't care as long as torts puts together a better fourth than powe halpern asham
Old 02-12-2013, 02:36 PM
Minor Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilburtis9363 View Post
I hope we get slaughtered tonight. Maybe lose Nash or Richards to a big hit. I don't care as long as torts puts together a better fourth than powe halpern asham
**** I was thinking the same thing... We need a true enforcer , asham and a rugged defenseman who fights asap
Old 02-12-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyr0301 View Post
**** I was thinking the same thing... We need a true enforcer , asham and a rugged defenseman who fights asap
I said the same **** on blueshirtsunited. Pissed everyone off. Theyre completely clueless on how soft our team has become this year.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Super All-Star

Sean Couturier is back for the Flyers tonight so that means no Sestito. SUckssss

Maybe can hope for Rinaldo/Thorburn or Slater
Old 02-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Minor Leaguer

Westgarth vs Barch
Parros vs Erskine
Bollig vs Staubitz
Konopka vs Weise
Old 02-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilburtis9363 View Post
I want a tougher lineup as much as anyone, but don't want an injury to a star player to make it happen.

This reminds me of a few years ago when Tom Renney decided to scratch Orr versus the Flyers and Fedoruk ran Jagr. Legend has it that Jim Dolan chewed him out for it after the game and Orr was in the lineup every game after that. That was ideal in that it got the point across to dress an enforcer but no one got hurt.

The crazy thing about all this is that last season we had Rupp, Prust, and I think Bickel had cracked the lineup leading up to the trade deadline, so we were a tough team already. Sather went out and added John Scott, saying that the move was to prevent teams from roughing us up. So Sather sees the importance of having an enforcer, yet somehow this team has gotten incredibly soft. I really would be surprised if a move isn't made to address this.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebflorida View Post
The Maple Leafs aren't playing?

Crap. That's about the only team I wanna watch right now! Sorry if I'm crowding the bandwagon.

Prust vs Crombeen smells like a lock.

Bruins-Rangers seems like a good matchup but all these guys getting injured is really tarnishing some teams right now. Can't be helped I guess.

Is Crombeen even going to dress after being KO'd by Rinaldo

Tags
nhl, possible fights