Old 12-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevens Lindros View Post
I'm sure he and Erskine are very scared of Buffalo...

Buffalo is not a tough hockey club AT ALL anymore, neither is Washington, but I'm not expecting a response. Andrew Peters was the last heavyweight you had to try to intimidate anyone, Ovechkin's not afraid of McCormick or Gaustad. Should have signed David Koci
Didn't say they were tough. Didn't say ovech was afraid. Didn't say we intimidated anyone.
What I did say is right there in print. I'm predicting somebody has a go with ovechkin.
He ran around last game and I think the sabres took some heat from it, so they'll respond a day late and a dollar short, as usual.
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2011, 06:12 PM
All-Star

Not fight related (most comments that involve the Red Wings aren't) but it's pretty crazy that this is the first time so far this season that the Hawks and Wings are playing each other.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Super All-Star

Chimera and Weber fought out of a scrum, it was a short crap fight though
Old 12-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins0506 View Post
Chimera and Weber fought out of a scrum, it was a short crap fight though
Yeah, went to the ground early. Nice to see Weber stand up though.

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups

Ice Flyers -2 President's Cups
Old 12-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Hall of Famer

Neil and Jackman just had a quick one.
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
Old 12-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Brouwer and Ehrhoff had an even crappier fight than the Chimera Weber fight. Still good to see the heart. I cant remember the last time I saw 2 fights in one period of a Caps game
"The season before that, I had a really good camp, had some goals, and still got sent down to the minors. I needed to figure out a way to make the opening night roster. And talking to a good friend of mine, he said 'You've got to fight.' He said, 'If you don't do it, someone else will,' and I kind of stick by that motto now."

-Matt Hendricks
Old 12-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Rupp - Barch coming now
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesadillamal View Post
Rupp - Barch coming now
3-0 Rangers in the first, I should hope so

ďI told the players on the ice, donít mess with me, because if you do, I wonít warn you, Iíll just start swinging." - Donald Brashear
Old 12-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Wow, the Panther coach is a dumb twat. He sends out Barch after the Rangers go up 3-0 and Barch clearly challenges Dubinsky. There is a whistle 10 seconds later and the last thing I see before a commercial is Rupp climb over the boards. They come back from commercial and Rupp is on but the twat took barch off. Don't want a fight at home down 3-0? Idiot.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Coach

Pesa, I think the refs sent him off. Next shift he was right back on.

****in Rosen and Michelletti are horrendous talking about how the Rangers shouldn't be fighting and giving the momentum back. Shut up already! It's the Panthers playing one of the hottest teams in the league.
"It's huge when guys are sticking up for each other," Rechlicz said. "It's more of a team bonding thing. I think it's great, and that's the style we've got to play. Guys come together, and it's like your family out there ... That's what it's all about. If you mess with one of our guys, you're going to mess with five of them. That's just the way it's going to go."
Old 12-30-2011, 08:58 PM
All-Star

A couple of Italian boys, Bertuzzi and Carcillo just went. Looks like they each got a decent lick in, then tied each other up,
Old 12-30-2011, 10:11 PM
Veteran

With about 15 seconds left in the Rangers Panthers game del zotto and kopecky get into it in front of the net. del zotto high sticks kopecky and kopecky sucker punches him in the head. del zotto drops. prust jumps on kopecky. when kopecky gets up rupp comes over and drops the gloves and pounds him with a few shots. good stuff.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyislesfan45 View Post
Pesa, I think the refs sent him off. Next shift he was right back on.

****in Rosen and Michelletti are horrendous talking about how the Rangers shouldn't be fighting and giving the momentum back. Shut up already! It's the Panthers playing one of the hottest teams in the league.
That was a coaches call, I promise you. Barch already had a 10 second shift and there was no reason for a ref to tell someone to change. I guess the coach wanted to try and spotpick a victory or something. I would have taken my chances with Barch against Rupp.

This game got real nasty late. Kopechky(sp?) went to the net and he and Del Zotto were jousting a bit. Del Zotto got the stick up to the head and turned away. Kopechky just gave him a Matt Johnson with the glove on and sent Del Zotto down. Prust jumped on Kopechky's back and they went down. Rupp played this like a champ. He went around the net but realized there was nothing he could accomplish on the pile. He stood there like a choir boy as if he was no worry at all. Kopechky got up and Rupp circled to pile to meet him and the linesman could do nothing about it. Rupp fired about 5 rights at Kopechky who pretty much turtled on his knees before being knocked backward by a right. Great job by Rupp. Some people think jumping on a pile is enforcing.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Hall of Famer

Rupp vs Kopecky

With time winding down and the Rangers up 4-1, Del Zotto gets the stick up on Kopecky. Kopecky responds with a right hand sucker punch to the side of DZ's face, putting him to the ice.

Brandon Prust and Mike Rupp are on the ice, with no toughness out there for Florida. Prust jumps Kopecky immediately and tackles him on top of the prone Del Zotto. Once everyone gets up, Rupp grabs Kopecky away from the linesmen and lays a pounding on him, landing 5-6 shots while Kopecky turtles. The Panthers on the ice just watched Kopecky take this beating.

Dubinsky was exchanging words with the Panthers bench and Kevin Dineen looked to also have something to say towards the Rangers. He sends out Matt Bradley, Krys Barch, Ed Jovanovski, and Eric Gudbrandson. Tortorella counters with Prust, Brian Boyle, and Stu Bickel. Barch immediately gets a ten minute misconduct for yapping.

Nothing ended up happening altho Jovo and Prust and Boyle and Bradley looked set to go off the face-off.

Sets up a potentially good game next Thursday at the Garden between these two teams.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Super All-Star

Good ending to the Rangers game like the guys said above. Rupp seems to get REALLY tough at the end of games. Not sure why he hasn't been fighting heavies in the first period of games. Good enforcing though by pounding Kopecky.

ďI told the players on the ice, donít mess with me, because if you do, I wonít warn you, Iíll just start swinging." - Donald Brashear
Closed Thread

Tags
nhl, possible fights