driver
Old 12-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Super All-Star

I see nothing has changed here.
If you really want to know who the toughest guys are, just ask the players who play the game. Ask the guys who do the job, who actually fight and know their stuff. Not some know-it-all couch potato guy, frustrated about life who just likes criticizing everything and especially tough guys.
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Good thread guys. Good thread.

Brashear beat your favorite fighter. Undisputed top 5 all time.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim13 View Post
I already explained it, as did Flyers2001. Don't know what more you want. If you want to bash Zac Rinaldo for being a huge hitter who's almost always game for a fight then that's your prerogative, but you and any other dipsh*t with an anti-Flyers agenda isn't going to ruin the enjoyment I get from watching him play.

And Shawn Thornton is certainly relevant here, because you're coming at me as an individual so I'm coming back at you. I'm pretty sure that, despite the fact that Thornton hasn't beaten anyone of note in over a year, you still like him because he's a tough guy who plays the right way. Well we like Zac Rinaldo for the same reason. Got it? Not too difficult to understand.

I look forward to you crashing another Flyers thread to bash him the next time he gets into an entertaining slugfest.
I have no problem with the way Rinaldo plays the game. He's good at stirring the pot. I'm bashing him because he's the Flyers only tough guy...and he can't win a fight. If the Flyers had someone else to fight, who was legit, it would make more sense. You Flyers fans talk out of both sides of your mouth. Rinaldo's win/loss record is irrelevant...but nobody else's is.

As far as Thornton goes, he's a good technical fighter. You can check the records on this site. He normally wins or draws in a close battle, even against much larger guys. There is no comparison in fighting skills between he and Rinaldo. And you know it.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim13 View Post
This is the opinion of anyone whose sole purpose of being in this thread isn't to try and advance their ant-Flyers agenda.

Bruins29 and brawl lover; two peas in a pod.
Some people just don't like liars and call them on it. "has Rinaldo even won a fight this year" answer ...albeit wrong" he has a bunch of draws and a couple loses"... Real answer.." he has 1 draw and 6 losses". If you don't want to get called out and if it really doesn't matter...when someone asks if he has won a fight yet...just say it doesn't really matter to me, he excites me anyway. Don't make shyt up to make you and the rest of the Flyer faithful look like homer retards.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins29 View Post
I have no problem with the way Rinaldo plays the game. He's good at stirring the pot. I'm bashing him because he's the Flyers only tough guy...and he can't win a fight.
wayne simmonds is tougher than rinaldo
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_mcallister View Post
I see nothing has changed here.
Not really, just some more homers. But welcome back anyways.
This forum is full of people that suffer from post-pubertal showing-off affectations...
Hall of Famer

Edge Tropp. Edge Bourdon. I like the way Zac Rinaldo plays. Rinaldo is like a more gutsey Marchand in a fight.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Super All-Star

Rinaldo kicked the **** out of a Ranger in a preseason game, no?
If you really want to know who the toughest guys are, just ask the players who play the game. Ask the guys who do the job, who actually fight and know their stuff. Not some know-it-all couch potato guy, frustrated about life who just likes criticizing everything and especially tough guys.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:41 AM
Hall of Famer

Rinaldo is small and isn't afraid to start chucking.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser11 View Post
Rinaldo is small and isn't afraid to start chucking.
maybe in other fights he is smaller than his opponent, but i think him and tropp are about even.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcginty View Post
maybe in other fights he is smaller than his opponent, but i think him and tropp are about even.
Tropp and him have fought before.

He's got Rinaldo by 2 inches and a few pounds. Nothing that a skilled fighter isn't able to overcome. It's not like Tropp is George Parros or Jody Shelley. Tropp is just a better fighter, who happens to be a southpaw, and again, there is a very limited number of good southpaw fighters.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcginty View Post
Lucky for you there is places you can look:

Tropp 6'0 185lbs
Rinaldo 5"11 180lbs

So yes they are close in stature. It resulted in a very entertaining fight.

It seems as though certain bruins and rangers fans want to make it a bigger deal than it is.

It is concerning when all Flyer fans have agreed that Rinaldo is not a very good fighter. We all admit that he will loose more than he wins, but it is still something that needs to be continuosly pointed out by trolls.

Last edited by Flyers2001; 12-08-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
Lucky for you there is places you can look:

Tropp 6'0 185lbs
Rinaldo 5"11 180lbs

So yes they are close in stature. It resulted in a very entertaining fight.

It seems as though certain bruins and rangers fans want to make it a bigger deal than it is.
thanks for the tip, but i bet we could look at three different sites and find 3 different sets of numbers! An inch and a few lbs either way is pretty negligable. hell, i could take a **** and lose 5 lbs.

im of the viewpoint that he's entertaining and a good distirber. we should all be so l;ucky to have a player like that. i just wish they would dress shelley or even walker more often 9 or even simmonds throw down more).

Last edited by pmcginty; 12-08-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawl lover View Post
Some people just don't like liars and call them on it. "has Rinaldo even won a fight this year" answer ...albeit wrong" he has a bunch of draws and a couple loses"... Real answer.." he has 1 draw and 6 losses". If you don't want to get called out and if it really doesn't matter...when someone asks if he has won a fight yet...just say it doesn't really matter to me, he excites me anyway. Don't make shyt up to make you and the rest of the Flyer faithful look like homer retards.
Haha. Says the guy who came into a Flyers thread a week ago claiming that Rinaldo got sent down to the AHL and got his *ss kicked down there only to be showed that he had one fight and he won it. Remind me again what the point of your doing that was.

And just because you say his record is 1 draw and 6 losses doesn't mean that's the case. I already exposed your agenda last week with that AHL bullsh*t you tried to pull so excuse me if I don't value your opinion on the outcome of his fights.

And then, of course, there's this gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawl lover View Post
they have won maybe 1 fight this year and maybe 3 over the last 2 years .
Good one.

The 6 losses for Rinaldo that you're pushing is not the way the voting on this site has it, and most of his other fights were close enough that a draw can at least be argued. And the only ones where overwhelming majorities voted him a loser were either nothing fights (Bradley, Chipchura) or a great fight (Tropp).

Keep pushing that agenda bozo, I've got you on wobbly legs again.

Last edited by tim13; 12-08-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T800m101 View Post
He pummeled Weise and edged Penner.

Win Tropp, win Bourdon.
Fair enough, i just really haven't seen him win yet. Not saying he hasn't, but when i tune in or watch on this site he seems to be on the losing edge more often than not.

I like his style, but it's just a matter of time a dude with decent punching power makes him eat through a straw for a few days.
Closed Thread

Tags
buffalo sabres, corey tropp, marc-andre bourdon, matt ellis, philadelphia flyers, zac rinaldo