Old 02-08-2014, 08:21 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohnson View Post
Ya, I've been excited about him for a long time.

He's an ox too, 31 pull-ups in preseason testing.
Yeah, he tied Chara for best on the team in pull-ups. Miller's not that big, but he is absolutely chiseled. Must live in the gym when he's not on the ice.
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Win Miller...Really good showing..I didn't even listen to the Boston feed.I don't feel like puking all over the place...
djaye (02-08-2014)
Old 02-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Veteran

Miller/McQuaid would be a tremendous pair on D. To hell with mobility. They're both smart enough and responsible enough. I'd love to see that.

Easy win here for Miller. Plays a lot bigger than 210.
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmat For This Useful Post:
kam (02-08-2014)
Old 02-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Hall of Famer

So this is why Smith doesn't fight much recently. Just terrible.
“We’re doing it ourselves. We’re not children. We’re not unknowing combatants in this ring. We’re completely aware of what can happen, what, at one point or another, will happen.” - Kevin Westgarth (after being KO'd)

Los Angeles Kings 2012 & 2014 Stanley Cup champions!
Old 02-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Super All-Star

Jack Edwards is entertaining as ****
Old 02-09-2014, 08:38 AM
Hall of Famer

Win Miller

Edwards might be a homer, but he definitely likes fights and rough stuff and he is not afraid to say it and criticize (lightly) what the ref's and the league are sometimes calling to prevent fighting and rough stuff.
This forum is full of people that suffer from post-pubertal showing-off affectations...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciccarelli For This Useful Post:
FitzG (02-09-2014)
Old 02-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Hall of Famer

I thought the other feed was kind of bland. No real emotion involved at all. At least Edwards is into it. "Smith's the nail, Miller's the hammer!" haha. You have to love his enthusiasm. I know he's a homer but some of the people on here go overboard with him. I think it's just another way to dump on the Bruins when there is nothing else to whine about. I love that he's pro fighting and likes a good scrap. He can be over the top-but he's 10 times better than some of the hacks I've come across from other teams-that almost never get the treatment Edwards gets on here. Some of the stuff he says is hilarious.
FitzG (02-09-2014)
Old 02-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Hall of Famer

Miller took Smith out back to the woodshed, dropped his britches, and beat his ass with the leather strap. A total one sided beatdown. Smith should have searched out Campbell instead. Like Miller, just hope it doesn't mean McQuaids days in Boston are limited.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Easy win Miller.

I don't mind Edwards' reaction when the fight is one-sided like that. It's the close fights (Rechlicz vs Lucic for example) that he calls one-sided that annoy me. Or the putting down of opposing players, basically calling them worthless (Rosehill vs Lucic, Z.Smith vs Horton).
Rick Rypien
Lokomotiv
Add me on Xbox Live: SKoTTee85
The Following User Says Thank You to I_am_Belak_2 For This Useful Post:
tim13 (02-10-2014)
Old 02-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Tough one to call. I couldn't tell for sure whether Miller was feeding Smith rapid-fire knuckles or Smith was intentionally attempting to take out Miller's fist by face-butting his knuckles. (The latter can be a very effective tactic when your opponent is handicapped by a shield on his bucket, but you are free to use the lumpy contours of your unshielded face to grind down and incapacitate your opponent's fists.) It looked to me like Smith was coming back strongly. Another 20 seconds and I believe Smith would have rendered Miller's fist unusable and taken this bout.

Dominating edge -- Miller.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:42 PM
Clever admin title

Miller steam rolls Smith with an impressive, dominating and flurry of punches that scores the TKO win.

Solid win for Kevan Miller in his 2nd NHL fight.
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
Old 02-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Hall of Famer

I'm impressed by that Miller kid... I hadn't heard of him before the Brown fight. Seems more comfortable with the mitts off than most guys from the US College system. With McQuaid out he appears to be a decent replacement, and he will only get better with more experience.

Win Miller
Old 02-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broons66 View Post
Miller took Smith out back to the woodshed, dropped his britches, and beat his ass with the leather strap. A total one sided beatdown. Smith should have searched out Campbell instead. Like Miller, just hope it doesn't mean McQuaids days in Boston are limited.
That rumor has been floating around for a few weeks. I hope it's just a few "experts" inventing something to talk about. Money-wise, Boychuk seems more likely to go bc he makes more and could command something by way of trade. Any of the above seems nuts to me, but if they come up against it money-wise, they might move someone from the blue line. Bartkowski and Krug might be up for a raise in the near future.
The Following User Says Thank You to bruins34 For This Useful Post:
Broons66 (02-09-2014)
Old 02-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins34 View Post
That rumor has been floating around for a few weeks. I hope it's just a few "experts" inventing something to talk about. Money-wise, Boychuk seems more likely to go bc he makes more and could command something by way of trade. Any of the above seems nuts to me, but if they come up against it money-wise, they might move someone from the blue line. Bartkowski and Krug might be up for a raise in the near future.
If its up to me, Barts trade bait. I know Chiarelli wants to add experiance on the blue line, a left hand shot to replace Seidenburg. Bartowski's been good, but to me, he's the most exlendable. Miller needs to stay. And he needs a real jersey #. 86 is an NFL WR's number. Give him Jays old number,#29. He's a keeper.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Veteran

Win Miller.

Tags
boston bruins, kevan miller, ottawa senators, zack smith