Old 09-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowdownSJ408 View Post
Avery was so funny!
What can possibly be funny about a guy throwing a suckerpunch at someone who's restrained by the refs and can't defend himself and then turtling when the guy he suckerpunched comes calling for a fair fight? And then going to the media afterwards about the bad word he called you?

He should be even more ashamed of himself when he woke up today than he was when he woke up yesterday, if that's even possible.
Advertisement
Old 09-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Super All-Star

Sestito is a legit nutbag...a la Gino Odjick. I honestly hope he makes the Flyers roster. And that hit wasn't too bad. It was dirty...but not worth 10 games. Maybe a game or two.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Super All-Star

10 games? I remember when this board was filled with men. Now we dissect the code and give Sean Avery a break because his antics "create fights". His antics don't create fights, they make a case on why the instigator rule is a joke.

Sestito's hit was a bad hit. It was worthy of a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. In addition to that, it was probably worth 2 games. I've seen much worse, but because he's A) A Flyers player and B) not a star player, he'll get much more than that, which is uncalled for.

If the hit were that bad, the player would have been injured. Shelley's was a worse hit because he hit an unsuspecting player late. In hockey, you have this instinctual period when playing of knowing when contact will/won't occur. When you have this awareness and are prepared the odds of you being able to protect yourself from injury are much higher than when you are not expecting to be and therefor your body is not prepared to absorb the impact.

I also want to throw out there that Andre Deveaux turned his back to Max Talbot later in the game. People need to start putting the onus back on the players to protect themselves and stop leaving it up to the officials and the league to police the game for them.

But what do you expect? It's the New NHL with new extreme liberal fans who want to give trophies out to every kid in the league.

Pussification of North America at its finest.
If you really want to know who the toughest guys are, just ask the players who play the game. Ask the guys who do the job, who actually fight and know their stuff. Not some know-it-all couch potato guy, frustrated about life who just likes criticizing everything and especially tough guys.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maileman View Post
Oh, and I haven't seen 0 of this game, but it's a given Simmonds would "pummel" Avery?? Hmmm, like I said, didn't see a minute yet, but... Avery is no slouch when he goes, that's all.
yes, simmonds would kill avery unless avery jumped him
Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_mcallister View Post
I also want to throw out there that Andre Deveaux turned his back to Max Talbot later in the game. People need to start putting the onus back on the players to protect themselves and stop leaving it up to the officials and the league to police the game for them.
Which is what Shanahan has said multiple times in his explanation of the guys getting boarded. Did they put themselves in the situation to get boarded or turn simultaneously. Deveaux's back was to Sestito the whole time and Sestito didn't care. As for the fact that Deveaux got right up and tried to get into a fight, he could feel the effects later on in the week from the hit.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawl lover View Post
No like Hordichuck, Steve Ott, Jovanowski, Clarkson, Asham, Carcillo. Are you new to the game or what?
Please don't use Clarkson.

Clarkson beat up Avery in that 2008 playoff game and Avery has been BLATENTLY ducking him ever since. It was to the the point where Clarkson was actually shadowing Avery all over the ice, grabbing him, dropping one glove, squaring off, etc. begging him to drop the gloves on numerous occasions and Avery cowardly declined everytime. Not to mention the rag doll incident.

Last year Avery couldnt take being bullied anymore, surprised Clarkson, tried to one punch him and then went crashing to the ice.

The fact that you defend his actions is embarassing.

Last edited by Janssen25; 09-27-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Veteran

I'll go with 10 games or more on the suspension. Like I said Sestito is such a bad skater that he must have started skating as hard as he could from center ice to lay that hit. Or it's possible he sucks at skating so much that he couldn't turn to avoid the hit. Either way he's going to be in the AHL.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janssen25 View Post

Clarkson beat up Avery in that 2008 playoff game and Avery has been BLATENTLY ducking him ever since. It was to the the point where Clarkson was actually shadowing Avery all over the ice, grabbing him, dropping one glove, squaring off, etc. begging him to drop the gloves on numerous occasions and Avery cowardly declined everytime. Not to mention the rag doll incident.

Last year Avery couldnt take being bullied anymore, surprised Clarkson, tried to one punch him and then went crashing to the ice.

The fact that his screen name is "brawl lover" is even more embarassing, should be "gavery's lover".
Old 09-27-2011, 01:12 PM
All-Star

Well, Tom Sestito just got waived.

http://twitter.com/#!/TSNBobMcKenzie...32090186530816
Old 09-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Win Rinaldo
Win Bickel
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maileman View Post
Oh, and I haven't seen 0 of this game, but it's a given Simmonds would "pummel" Avery?? Hmmm, like I said, didn't see a minute yet, but... Avery is no slouch when he goes, that's all.
HA, I know. Seriously, who the hell is Wayne Simmonds? Besides a guy who can dodge a banana peel with the best of 'em.

I think I get it though. He has joined the Flyers. In case you haven't learned this yet, when you join the Flyers, this tradition of decades upon decades of toughness rubs off on any player that puts on that jersey. Simmonds is now a legit light HW. Just like in the past Asham and Carcillo were MW Champs who you can make the argument they will beat any heavy on any given night. Talbot is no longer a cheap shot punk. He's a world class agitator who can hold his own if he has to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brawl lover View Post
No like Hordichuck, Steve Ott, Jovanowski, Clarkson, Asham, Carcillo. Are you new to the game or what?
You know how it is. You name the lesser fighters on Avery's career fight card and ignore all the bigger/better fighters that he's surprised over the years. We can't deviate from the fact that Simmons would wipe the ice with Avery with just one hand (and yeah you guessed it, while enjoying a banana with his other hand.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey doc View Post
Like I said, old man Shelley will be running rampant through the rags soft lineup.
Old Man Shelley has to be careful. If he just simply looks at any of the Rangers, he might suffer a cut above his eye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T800m101 View Post
Weise played part of the human punching bag against Rinaldo.

Avery remains a pu$$y.
And you continue to make the entire Flyer's fan base look bad. So yeah, things are lookin' pretty normal around here.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirYohans View Post
We can't deviate from the fact that Simmons would wipe the ice with Avery with just one hand (and yeah you guessed it, while enjoying a banana with his other hand.)
All that was missing last night was the banana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px4vmOK6Mf4

Last edited by tim13; 09-27-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Veteran

Andre Deveaux was waived as well.

Last edited by demodogpack; 09-27-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Super All-Star

There's a reason that even his teammates don't like him (RE: Avery). Maybe he should go design women's shoes and purses full time.

That might sound prophetic if he has another season of 3 goals in 76 games. I mean it isn't like he's going to fight his way to stay on the roster.

As for whether or not Simmonds would wipe the ice with Avery, well we had our chance to find out last night and Avery proved that even he agrees with the Flyers homers on this one. Thank God the Flyers don't have Carcillo to do that anymore. It was beyond embarrassing.
If you really want to know who the toughest guys are, just ask the players who play the game. Ask the guys who do the job, who actually fight and know their stuff. Not some know-it-all couch potato guy, frustrated about life who just likes criticizing everything and especially tough guys.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:00 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
And you continue to make the entire Flyer's fan base look bad. So yeah, things are lookin' pretty normal around here.
Oh, Sean. Haven't you done enough crying for one day?
Old 09-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janssen25 View Post

Has he fought any tough guys or not? Get Clarksons cock out of your mouth for a second and admit it.

Tags
dale weise, new york rangers, philadelphia flyers, stu bickel, tom sestito, zac rinaldo