Old 01-26-2013, 12:13 PM
All-Star

It was a Technical Knock Down...how's that?
Old 01-26-2013, 12:18 PM
All-Star

Lucic is a beast. He'll score a goal run the **** out of your goalie and then drop your heavyweight. He's a good enough player where he doesn't have to fight guys like Scott or Orr so he can pick his spots a little more. He definitely has Carkners number. Lucic is a true heavy by every sense of the word. I wish he was on my favorite team. I hate him because he's not.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Schitt View Post
The Miller incident is water under the bridge. It was poorly addressed last season and should be put to rest. If something occurs where Lucic takes liberties then in fact I would expect him to man up, and honestly at this point I don't see him declining anyway. The real question is whether Scott could handle HIM, not the other way around IMO. The John Scott experiment has is on its last legs IMO.

On a side note... Your on a first name basis with Lucic now?
That is exactly how I see it.

I wasn't aware first names were off limits. I find it amusing() that you care.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Hall of Famer

TKO Win Lucic. He's a Bruin but I love watching him play.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Super All-Star

I dont think this is a big deal at all to tell you the truth. Who hasnt knocked out/down Carkner? Looch barely handled Orr and Carkner knocked his (Orr) ass out. Nothing but a punch that luckily landed clean. I doubt he could do it twice.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em36 View Post
Lucic is a beast. He'll score a goal run the **** out of your goalie and then drop your heavyweight. He's a good enough player where he doesn't have to fight guys like Scott or Orr so he can pick his spots a little more. He definitely has Carkners number. Lucic is a true heavy by every sense of the word. I wish he was on my favorite team. I hate him because he's not.
pretty much this. Seriously this guy is the ultimate power forward of this generation.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infallible View Post
pretty much this. Seriously this guy is the ultimate power forward of this generation.
He reminds me of Cheechoo, star player due to team mates. Take away those team mates, he would be a 3rd liner with a good wrist shot who occassionaly takes on the Meyers of the NHL in an attempt to look like a badass.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
Who said he did?
You did. Here is your quote;

Quote:
The best part of this is when the play the Sabres, and if John Scott comes looking for him, Lucic is going to have to fight him. He just beat a legit heavyweight, pretty easily.

No excuses...

Quote:
You could say the same about Carkner. On a good team he's a number 7 defenceman tops. He looked like a turnstile last night. He's not very good at all.
Carkner is a much better player than Scott. Ridiculous to say otherwise.

Quote:
No excuses meant he just dropped a legit heavyweight, so he obviously has the skills, the willingness and freedom from the coach to fight as he sees fit, so there is no excuse for him to accept a challenge from Scott, IF Scott decides Lucic still has to pay for hitting Miller. The "he's a first liner" is an excuse, because he just fought Carkner. Get it?
Just because he fought one goon doesn't mean he owes every goon in the league a fight. Your logic is crazy at best.

If anybody just learned about Lucic's skills as a fighter last night they have not been paying attention.

Quote:
If you think a guy running the best player on the team, then beating up a lesser fighter in a sad attempt at retaliation, then having said team go and sign the biggest (maybe) toughest free agent available 1 minute into free agency means the Sabres don't think Lucic still owes them, you're sadly mistaken.

Google "John Scott Milan Lucic" and you'll find about 1000 articles about how Scott and Ott were signed because of the Lucic/Miller hit and allot of fans and even Miller himself thinks more should be done.

So even though I never said it, I will now. Scott owes the fans of Buffalo, Ryan Miller and Darcy Regier at the very least an attempt to get Lucic to answer to someone that can actually fight. Lucic owes no one anything, but if Scott lays out a legit, clear as day challenge, and Lucic pulls another BGL type refusal, expect the "spotpicker" questions to pop up again.
I never said anything about what Buffalo thinks nor do I care. Nice bait and switch but it isn't going to work here. You said Lucic is going to have to fight Scott and I say that is not true at all. Lucic owes the Sabres nothing and that fact is not even up for debate.

If those spotpicking allegations pop up again I would expect them to be shot down for the trash comments they are.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by straka91 View Post
He reminds me of Cheechoo, star player due to team mates. Take away those team mates, he would be a 3rd liner with a good wrist shot who occassionaly takes on the Meyers of the NHL in an attempt to look like a badass.
This easily stands as one of the most ignorant statements I've read since making an account on this site? Cheechoo? Good lord! Having seen Tocchet, Neely, Clark and Roberts all in their prime, I can say Lucic is the closest thing to one of those 80-90's power forwards.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDBarry View Post
I know it's been beaten to death, but what would you call this? Would you call it a TKO? If yes, why is it a TKO and the Lucic/Carkner fight not one?

Colton Orr vs Eric Godard Jan 28, 2009 - YouTube

When you get caught on the jaw, and your legs give out, you have been knocked out. You were knocked out of your senses and your body went limp, thus meaning a knock out. You could be out for 5 minutes or 1 second, it is what it is. That's what makes it a TECHNICAL knock out.

I don't see how hard it is not to call this a TKO. He got bucked, landed on his hands and knees, and the refs jumped in to prevent further damage. Also, watch Carkners arms, they immediately lost their grip on Lucic's jersey.
Yup both were TKO's... no if, and, or buts about it!
Old 01-26-2013, 12:49 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broons66 View Post
This easily stands as one of the most ignorant statements I've read since making an account on this site? Cheechoo? Good lord! Having seen Tocchet, Neely, Clark and Roberts all in their prime, I can say Lucic is the closest thing to one of those 80-90's power forwards.

I think you misunderstood my post. I was not comparing playstyles, just the fact they both rely heavily on thier teammates to get thier production. Take those teammates away his point total would be halved and wouldnt be in the same group as Neely or Clark. Its easy to play like badass when you have Chara and Thornton to back you up.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Super All-Star

Not to mention Powerfowards of the 90s actually had to put in work in the crease. Anyone can get to the crease with only taking 1 or 2 half assed crosschecks these days. His "power forward" skills are very overrated since the league is currently soft as hell.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
I think you misunderstood my post. I was not comparing playstyles, just the fact they both rely heavily on thier teammates to get thier production. Take those teammates away his point total would be halved and wouldnt be in the same group as Neely or Clark. Its easy to play like badass when you have Chara and Thornton to back you up.

I wonder if a pacifier would keep you from typing?
Stop clowning yourself my little smurfette, noone here takes you seriously.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Super All-Star

Dudes just mad his Anaheim Ducks are pretty much the softest team in the league.
True story.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
The thing is, he doesn't need Chara or Thornton to back him up. In fact, I think Looch is a better fighter than both of those guys.

Tags
boston bruins, matt carkner, milan lucic, new york islanders