Old 01-10-2012, 10:11 PM
General Manager

New Jersey at Calgary 1/10/12

Vote: Adam Henrique vs Jarome Iginla Jan 10, 2012
Adam Henrique vs Jarome Iginla Jan 10, 2012 ...

Adam Henrique vs. Jarome Iginla

Henrique lays a good hit on Iginla and Iginla doesn't like it. They talk behind the play and Glencross comes in to shove Henrique. Iginla then drops the gloves and Henrique soon follows. Iginla gets in a few rights and then wrestles Henrique to the ice.

Win Iginla

Vote: Eric Boulton vs Tim Jackman Jan 10, 2012
Eric Boulton vs Tim Jackman Jan 10, 2012 -...

Eric Boulton vs. Tim Jackman

Boulton and Clarkson were having words with Iginla (for what I assume was his fight with Henrique). Later, Jackman and Boulton meet up in the neutral zone and throw down. Boulton throws a fury of rights in which one connects pretty well with the rest sort of missing. Both guys are throwing recklessly at this point. Jackman pushes Boulton's helmet off and then falls to a knee and Boulton still continues firing rights. Jackman gets to his feet and they throw some more before the linesmen break it up.

Boulton ends up with a small cut above his eye after the fight.

Win Boulton in a pretty solid fight

Last edited by VodkaFish; 01-10-2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: vids/links
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2012, 10:53 PM
Coach

Iginla fight as described. Not much there, mostly Iginla not liking the hit by Henrique and mauling a guy who didn't Want To fight.

Tim Jackman vs Eric Boulton:

Boulton was yapping at Iginla during the shift Change and than hits a Flame borderline late. Jackman comes in right away with the gloves off and Boulton is ready and they go: Jackman lands a solid right early but Boulton uses his strength to get better position while throwing some rights that don't find the mark. Boulton than lands a beauty right which staggered Jackman and both guys are spinning. Boulton throws three big rights that don't connect and Jackman tries a short right that misses. Boulton throws a couple more rights than both guys tie up. Boulton goes off the ice for repairs because he's leaking. I'd score the fight a win to Boulton but that's without replay benefit. Not a bad fight.

"Let's get out of this sh*thole."
Phil Esposito, on Winnipeg, after Team Canada lost game 3 of the 1972 series to the Russians.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Coach

On the night he's honored for scoring 500 goals with one club, the Flames captain gets the Gordie Howe hat trick. Henrique gets the Gordie as well! Quite a night!

"Let's get out of this sh*thole."
Phil Esposito, on Winnipeg, after Team Canada lost game 3 of the 1972 series to the Russians.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:53 PM
Pro

Beautiful hit by Henrique. Iginlia, of all people should respect a good check and take it like a man. I guess not...

Love seeing Hedberg skate out of the crease and to aid his teammate, if needed...
Old 01-11-2012, 04:16 AM
Veteran

Do we count punches thrown or punches landed? If the latter is the case, then Jackman won the fight.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:36 AM
Hall of Famer

Win Iginla
Win Boulton

Aquile Friuli Venezia Giulia rulez!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:19 AM
Hall of Famer

win Iggy
win Jackman, he landed the best punch of the fight, Boulton didn't land much of anything.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Super All-Star

Boulton looked like he was pissed, those were some crazy shots he was throwing
Old 01-11-2012, 09:06 AM
Hall of Famer

Edge Iginla!

Win Boulton!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Coach

Nice clean check by Henrique on Iginla, not evern that hard of a hit, but the Flames, including Jarome himself didn't seem to like it. Not much of a fight. I guess Iginla gets the decision for throwing a couple punches early. Congrats to both guys for picking up Gordies.

And Jackman hung in there surprisingly well against a tough competitor in Boulton. Boulton may have had the advantage, but a pretty solid scrap by both guys.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Great hit by Henrique, more worthy of a pat on the back from Iginla than a punch in the face. I guess he just figured that if Glencross was going to step in he might as well fight himself.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Hall of Famer

WIN Iginla against our rookie sensation and now my favorite player on this team, Adam Henrique.

Big WIN Boulton. He landed two beautiful rights in that fight that more than made up for the short right landed on him by Jackman on the outset. It looks like Jackman's helmet cut Boulton during one of the two times they clashed heads .
Old 01-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Win Iginla

Narrow Win Boulton. Jackman did better then i thought he would do thou.

RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
Old 01-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalsFTW View Post
Beautiful hit by Henrique. Iginlia, of all people should respect a good check and take it like a man. I guess not...

Love seeing Hedberg skate out of the crease and to aid his teammate, if needed...
I agree, the captain should set an example and not start a frivolous fight.

I was interested by the stat that 5 refs are out with injuries and 3 have concussions. I would like to know how they got them.
How long until Buffalo rewards their loyal fans with a Stanley Cup?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:32 PM
All-Star

I love when Boulton is a spaz, I wished he connected more.

Tags
adam henrique, calgary flames, eric boulton, jarome iginla, new jersey devils, tim jackman