Old 03-25-2011, 07:22 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJunior View Post
Good, because it's obvious you've had way too may glasses of the screech.
Bottom line here is, Montreal puts there line out first. Moen goes out there, Bruins counter with Thorts having the last line change, I am not starting shiit here, but that is the view i got. I am not ragging on you but he had his chance to say lets go.
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Hall of Famer

It didn't matter if the canadiens did not fight all night, somebody...hell ANYBODY needed to punch chara in the mouth. Win or lose your restoring your honor ,max patch is feeling like somebody gives a fuck, and the team draws together knowing no opposing team can get away Scott free. Not good.....
Old 03-25-2011, 07:48 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashem View Post
bottom line here
is
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicys1 View Post
it didn't matter if the canadiens did not fight all night, somebody...hell anybody needed to punch chara in the mouth. Win or lose your restoring your honor ,max patch is feeling like somebody gives a ****, and the team draws together knowing no opposing team can get away scott free. Not good.....
this
Old 03-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Hall of Famer

Now Canadiens fans know how Bruins fans felt after the Savard/Cooke incident last season. I'm just glad that I don't have to root for a team like last year's Bruins/this year's Canadiens anymore.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Hall of Famer

Draw in a so-so fight. Props to Campbell for sticking up for Rex.

I'm disappointed that this was the only scrap to come out of this game, but hardly surprised. I can only imagine what the Montreal headlines are this morning. Their team not only did nothing to avenge Chara's savage hit on their teammate, but they also laid a complete egg in this game. A big ol' goose egg.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Super All-Star

Edge to Campbell. Lotta swagger on here from a team who's down 4-2 on the year. Who should have gotten in Chara's face? I saw White run him once? Good ol fashioned wuppin. We'll take our chances against Boston in the playoffs. History is on our side.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCunn8585 View Post
Edge to Campbell. Lotta swagger on here from a team who's down 4-2 on the year. Who should have gotten in Chara's face? I saw White run him once? Good ol fashioned wuppin. We'll take our chances against Boston in the playoffs. History is on our side.
It is False security, even as a B fan i am not stupid, Jesus if they played Tomm. night the Habs would win 4-2, But Geez you think they are not gonna have fun with it. C'mon man
Old 03-25-2011, 09:03 AM
Super All-Star

Draw in the Campbell-Mara fight.

Huge LOSS for Montreal...as they not only failed to do anything to address all their b!tching over the Chara hit, but also got absolutely destroyed on the scoreboard. They barely even skated in the 3rd period...it looked like they were practicing out there. Montreal has proved once again that they have no heart and won't go anywhere in the playoffs. Haha!
Old 03-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Hall of Famer

The Habs proved what most already knew - they are without a doubt the worst enforcing team in the NHL by far. What a pathetic display all around.

As far as the fight - when you try and lock out the smaller Greg 'insurance policy' Campbell - and squeak out a draw ... you should probably glue your gloves on.

Not surprised at all that there weren't more fireworks. The Habs are barely loaded for squirrel, let alone bear. I don't think the league really had to even give their BS "warnings", nothing was going to happen physically on the Habs part anyway in terms of retaliation.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Who should have gotten in Chara's face? I saw White run him once?
Somebody ,ANYBODY .......
Old 03-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicys1 View Post
It didn't matter if the canadiens did not fight all night, somebody...hell ANYBODY needed to punch chara in the mouth. Win or lose your restoring your honor ,max patch is feeling like somebody gives a ****, and the team draws together knowing no opposing team can get away Scott free. Not good.....
So, say..Gill punched Chara in the mouth? Then what? It would have done nothing, expect have Gill more than likely punched out or if it was a sucker punch, then perhaps suspended. How is that productive to this team?

You think that's going to make Max's concussion heal quicker, or his cracked vertabrae feel less painful?

MTL got beat by a better team last night, no fight would have changed that. Everybody allready knew MTL did not nor does not have a legitimate tough guy.

I can't see how anyone expected anything any different....And to top it off, the NHL warned the GM's (B & M's) about any goonery.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:30 AM
Pro

What an embaressment for all Hockeyfans, Canadians and Montreal Fans alike. The game is increasingly becoming a sport for soccer moms and churchgoers to put they're feet up and watch an episode of European icehockey. The NHL wants to build on it's rivlaries and suckers casual fans of the game into watching them on Television or going down to watch the game but they turn around and water it down with threats, suspensions and fines.

If the Montreal Canadians had any type of passion of the game they would and should have seeked retribution off the get go for they're fallen comrade and with the Boston Bruins teabagging them on the scoreboard, they had every opportunity to seek revenge and show the hockey world they will not let a teammate be manhandled, injured and show some integrity of the game for christ sakes!

I for one, am sickend by the display of the Canadians and hope the hell this isn't what the NHL is going to turn into soon..... sad just ^&*king sad...

Moen , Gill and the rest of the canadians show about as much passion as Grapefruit.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Super All-Star

Can you name five players in the league who COULD take Chara to task? Mtl has nobody. You don't field a side like the Habs and then whine about it after, this team has been small and soft for a few years. Good on Mara for dropping the gloves just the same.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJunior View Post
So, say..Gill punched Chara in the mouth? Then what? It would have done nothing, expect have Gill more than likely punched out or if it was a sucker punch, then perhaps suspended. How is that productive to this team?
I disagree. It would have sent a message that they will stand up for themselves and each other - and that IS something IMO. That message would be very productive IMO.....

Chara is not a world-beater. He has terrible balance and ends up on the ice quickly more often than not. Gill could tie him up at least... but at least make an effort.

Quote:
You think that's going to make Max's concussion heal quicker, or his cracked vertabrae feel less painful?
Obviously nothing from a game would make physical pain feel better... but mentally/emotionally it would do wonders for not only MP, but the whole team as well, again IMO.

Quote:
MTL got beat by a better team last night, no fight would have changed that. Everybody allready knew MTL did not nor does not have a legitimate tough guy.
A fight may or may not have changed the score 'outcome' of that game, but a moral victory may have shot some life into them. It certainly couldn't have hurt..... They didn't have to win - just stand up.

Quote:
I can't see how anyone expected anything any different....And to top it off, the NHL warned the GM's (B & M's) about any goonery.
Not talking about 'goonery'. A straight-up challenge would have sufficed. Even just throwing one and holding on would have made a statement. I guess the skate is on the other foot this season....
Old 03-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Can you name five players in the league who COULD take Chara to task? Mtl has nobody. You don't field a side like the Habs and then whine about it after, this team has been small and soft for a few years. Good on Mara for dropping the gloves just the same.
I don't think it's even about any sort of payback... it's about sending a message and regaining some dignity. Win or lose, that would have happened. Now they just lived up to the stereotype that they are soft as puppyschitt and will not stand up for themselves or their team.

Tags
boston bruins, gregory campbell, montreal canadiens, paul mara