Old 02-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Kyle Clifford vs Daniel Carcillo-Win Clifford.

Kevin Westgarth vs Jody Shelley-Edge Shelley.
Aye, fight and you may die, run and you'll live...at least for a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take..OUR FREEDOM!
KILROY was here
2007 HF ProPick'em Champ
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Win Clifford
Edge Westy

0321 00'-05' Celer Silens Mortalis
Old 02-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Hall of Famer

1st is obvious, but...

Carcillo got raped by Clifford, as he just never got er' going. Wonder if he got a +2 for the cross check to the head of Clifford when he was down, pre fight?

Gotta go with a DRAW in the 2nd just because I saw both guys land a couple and skated away without dmamge, but also fought a decent defense, as well. Westy is one tough Kid. Shelley WAS one th=ough kid (roughly 9 years ago). Again Draw. Would love to see these two mix it up again, but probably unlikely with Shelley playing the rest of his career in the minors after this season.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Rookie

I don't know but the refs may have a hand in making westgarth fight did you see that crosscheck by Shelley and not a whistle in a hundred miles
Old 02-14-2011, 02:32 PM
Hall of Famer

Carcillo got pounded, clear win Clifford.

Draw between Westgarth and Shelley, overall a good fight.

Aquile Friuli Venezia Giulia rulez!
Old 02-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey doc View Post
Just maybe it comes from all of the hundreds of posts for the last two seasons claiming how badass Westy is and when he finally lands in the big show he will be looked at as a top HW, so far he has failed miserably. Chalk up another epic failure by the Big Bad Westy, can't even beat a guy who should have retired.
the hype is definitely working against him up to this point. its Matt Johnson all over again!

i still fail to see the "epic failure" by Westy you speak of. he didn't get ragdolled, he didn't get dominated, he certainly wasn't KO'd, he landed a few solid punches of his own. to each his own though.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO213 View Post
On a similar train of thought, I just checked his fight reviews on DYG...

Hilarious to say the least! He calls a win for Shelley and draw in Carcillo-Clifford. I don't think a Flyer has lost a single fight this year!

I've never believed in calling a fight a win for someone because they pull a jersey over someone's head, no difference here. Carcillo landed two punches before that happened. Clifford threw two uppercuts and an overhand right, none of which you can tell really land or not.

Shelley landed several hard rights on Westgarth's head, whereas Westgarth landed body shots and jersey jabs, that's why I gave an edge to Shelley.

Call fights the way you want, but don't call someone a homer if you're not even going to cite what specifically is wrong with what I've said. You are attempting to dispute facts with your opinion, something I do not value whatsoever. I judge fights based on what happened.

BTW Carcillo clearly lost to Prust, Konopka in round 2. Shelley clearly lost to Engelland, Boogaard, and Kassian. Aside from that it's arguments over narrow wins/losses, and since you have a blatant hatred for the Flyers and disregard facts, I'm not surprised you would call those losses for them.
"People will know coming into our building what they'll get away with and what they won't," Shelley said. "We've got a lot of big guys, there's a lot of pride and there's a way to act when you're wearing a Flyers uniform, and every team that plays against the Flyers for years has known that."

Last edited by Sapunka16; 02-14-2011 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapunka16 View Post
I've never believed in calling a fight a win for someone because they pull a jersey over someone's head, no difference here. Carcillo landed two punches before that happened. Clifford threw two uppercuts and an overhand right, none of which you can tell really land or not.

Shelley landed several hard rights on Westgarth's head, whereas Westgarth landed body shots and jersey jabs.

Call fights the way you want, but don't call someone a homer if you're not even going to cite what specifically is wrong with what I've said. You are attempting to dispute facts with your opinion, something I do not value whatsoever. I judge fights based on what happened.
You are kidding right, he not only lost dude he got DROPPED
Old 02-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashem View Post
You are kidding right, he not only lost dude he got DROPPED
He lost, but he didnt get dropped.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Shelley landed several hard rights on Westgarth's head, whereas Westgarth landed body shots and jersey jabs, that's why I gave an edge to Shelley.

BTW Carcillo clearly lost to Prust, Konopka in round 2. Shelley clearly lost to Engelland, Boogaard, and Kassian. Aside from that it's arguments over narrow wins/losses, and since you have a blatant hatred for the Flyers and disregard facts, I'm not surprised you would call those losses for them.
You'd have to be deaf, dumb, and blind to call the Carcillo/Clifford fight a draw. Clifford tee'd off on Car-Zero and everybody, except you apparently, knows it. This just makes official what I've been saying all along. You are the homer of all homer's. In this case, it's downright laughable. Even hockey doc is probably chuckling to himself over this apparent fight call by you. And thats saying a lot.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12_Bi-Turbo View Post
Man those long hair everywhere is so gay...look at Westy sitting in the box and shaking his head like a proper girl huh
to bad that "girl" kicked the **** out of Scott Parker, ouch that has to sting.
“We’re doing it ourselves. We’re not children. We’re not unknowing combatants in this ring. We’re completely aware of what can happen, what, at one point or another, will happen.” - Kevin Westgarth (after being KO'd)

Los Angeles Kings 2012 & 2014 Stanley Cup champions!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Coach

Win Clifford.

Draw Shelley/Westgarth. Shelley early, but those were some of the most impressive jersey jabs I have ever seen. They literally had Jody turned away and calling no joy at the end.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Super All-Star

I'd just like to see a good explanation as to why this is being called a win for Clifford. Watch the replay in the video, the live part doesn't catch the beginning of the fight. Carcillo landed two rights when Clifford was trying to pull Carcillo's helmet off. Clifford may have landed two uppercuts, but they were no harder than the rights Carcillo landed. Lastly, he throws a right that (Carcillo haters are convinced TKO'd him), probably hits him in the back of the head, and Carcillo, who had been leaning forward, went down. He immediately tried to get back up and continue fighting, but the fight was broken up.

So, either you are giving Clifford a win for pulling the jersey over his head, or because an off-balanced Carcillo fell forward after possibly being hit in the back of his head, something you can't see because of the camera angle.

I love that when I defend one of my fight calls, it's automatically because I'm a homer. When Parros rocked Orr, pushed him, Orr fell, and I said it wasn't a TKO, I defended my call. It must have been because I'm a huge Anaheim Ducks homer.

What I'm doing is providing facts that support my call, and nobody is disputing them, but simply saying I'm wrong without any direct explanation as to why.
"People will know coming into our building what they'll get away with and what they won't," Shelley said. "We've got a lot of big guys, there's a lot of pride and there's a way to act when you're wearing a Flyers uniform, and every team that plays against the Flyers for years has known that."
Old 02-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I'd just like to see a good explanation as to why this is being called a win for Clifford. Watch the replay in the video, the live part doesn't catch the beginning of the fight. Carcillo landed two rights when Clifford was trying to pull Carcillo's helmet off. Clifford may have landed two uppercuts, but they were no harder than the rights Carcillo landed. Lastly, he throws a right that (Carcillo haters are convinced TKO'd him), probably hits him in the back of the head, and Carcillo, who had been leaning forward, went down. He immediately tried to get back up and continue fighting, but the fight was broken up.

So, either you are giving Clifford a win for pulling the jersey over his head, or because an off-balanced Carcillo fell forward after possibly being hit in the back of his head, something you can't see because of the camera angle.

I love that when I defend one of my fight calls, it's automatically because I'm a homer. When Parros rocked Orr, pushed him, Orr fell, and I said it wasn't a TKO, I defended my call. It must have been because I'm a huge Anaheim Ducks homer.

What I'm doing is providing facts that support my call, and nobody is disputing them, but simply saying I'm wrong without any direct explanation as to why.
Hmm, sounds an awful lot like the Thornton/Carcillo fight. You Flyer Fanboys make that out to be the TKO win of the century. If so, then surely this win by Clifford ranks right up there as well?
Old 02-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Pro

Clifford vs. Carcillo

Kyle Clifford with the obvious win there, Carcillo looked like he had no other option but to hang on for his life till the cliffhanger ride was over lol. Give or take a year or two Clifford is going to be a hell'va force in the NHL, he's a tall lanky fellow who is strong as Ox and has the potential to be some kinda super Boll if you ask me.

Win Clifford

Shelley vs. Westgarth

Shelley looked to start strong with them series of side shots to the head of Westgarth but with the fightning experience piling up for Westy, he looked to come back and jersey jab the heck outa him and land a few of his own as well.

Edge Westgarth

I like the "clap" , don't know why you people have such a problem with it ? Looks like he has some energy coming out of fights and appears to mean no harm out of it besides the people here making a mountian out of a mole-hill as usual!
Closed Thread

Tags
daniel carcillo, jody shelley, kevin westgarth, kyle clifford, los angeles kings, philadelphia flyers