Hello pot...or is it kettle?

Win Parros (I'm such a ducks homer)
Old 02-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Smasher View Post
Hello pot...or is it kettle?

Win Parros (I'm such a ducks homer)
If Grossmann was wearing a Leaf sweater it would have been win Grossmann.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey doc View Post
If Parros was wearing a Leaf sweater it would have been win Grossmann.
Fixed for ya.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
What if as soon as Parros got up Grossman called the refs over to stop it even though Parros was not hurt, threw another punch and was very ready to continue? What's you're take on that? (you know what I'm doin, hehe)
Come on Cat, I gave Frazer every ounce of credit and I give Grossman here some credit, he got George pretty good with one punch and like the other one, he got right back up only the fight continued and George took over.

In the other one it could have been real ugly to see another punch thrown, could be why he stopped.
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Fixed for ya.
You're always fixing other ppl's post, once you get your HS diploma maybe you'll be able to come up with your own material.
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.o.cur_26 View Post
well you tend to "slip" when someone lands a blow to your head while on skates :d

i didnt know grossmann had this in him, he did really well although parros edged him in the end. Gf.
fail, what are you talking about ?????? win parros
Old 02-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey doc View Post
You're always fixing other ppl's post, once you get your HS diploma maybe you'll be able to come up with your own material.
Zing.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Veteran

The sleeping Stache was awoken and dominated. Win Parros.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:42 PM
All-Star

why is it that none of the videos of the fights for the flyers are ever the philly feed? is it to give a different perspective? ive noticed for a while that they are always the feed of the other team. its not like jim jackson is that much of a homer announcer
Old 02-22-2013, 10:45 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesdroppa View Post
why is it that none of the videos of the fights for the flyers are ever the philly feed? is it to give a different perspective? ive noticed for a while that they are always the feed of the other team. its not like jim jackson is that much of a homer announcer
I'm pretty sure it's whatever feed happens to be on Center Ice or whatever VF uses to get the clips. Whenever multiple feeds are available, he almost always puts up both.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils17 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's whatever feed happens to be on Center Ice or whatever VF uses to get the clips. Whenever multiple feeds are available, he almost always puts up both.
My guess is also that it has a lot to do with CSN-Philly not being available on any satelite TV carrier and only recently becoming available on FiOs.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Veteran

Good on Grossman to step up here and fight Parros. He definitely staggered Parros with that shot to the head, but Parros took over the fight from that point on. Parros seems to have better balance than he showed a lot of times with the Ducks. I think that one of the uppercuts may have bloodied Grossman a bit.

Win Parros. Very good fight
Old 02-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post
Parros slipped at the beginning.

After that he dominated.

Win Parros.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBurger View Post
You guys are insane with these phantom "knock downs". Win Parros.

You goofs. It's blatantly obvious that Grossmann's right sends Parros to the ice. I'm not arguing about who won, it was George, but for a guy like Grossmann who has 3 NHL fights, against a super-heavy guy who right now is easily top 5...to drop him was pretty impressive. Not to mention he was the one who initiated the scrap. How many times do you see non-fighters start a fight, especially against a super heavyweight?

Last edited by D Y B FLYERS; 02-23-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Y B FLYERS View Post
You goofs. It's blatantly obvious that Grossmann's right sends Parros to the ice. I'm not arguing about who won, it was George, but for a guy like Grossmann who has 3 NHL fights, against a super-heavy guy who right now is easily top 5...to drop him was pretty impressive. Not to mention he was the one who initiated the scrap. How many times do you see non-fighters start a fight, especially against a super heavyweight?
I'm with you, there are no negatives here. Philly leads the NHL in fighting majors and you get a Euro step up to a legit heavy with some huge wins in this league and not look bad, in fact he connected with a shot that would have dropped plenty of guys.

Incidentally Grossman also leads the entire NHL in blocked shots, he is the Philly defensive mvp imo this year. I don't know what they have him listed at this year height/weight-wise but you see him in person he is a huge dude.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
I love the job everyone does here putting up videos but I have to agree with this 110%. Because the Flyers fan base is so fight crazy we consistently get better coverage of the fights. More replays, better replays, quicker cameras, slow mos, repeated replays at intermission and periodically throughout the game, etc.

It's pretty often that I see a video on here of the other team's broadcast and am very disappointed. Whenever possible, both feeds should be put up.