Old 01-27-2011, 12:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBarnes View Post
Stortini has got to be the biggest ***** in the entire NHL, why the hell does he even drop the mits anymore.
Unbelievable.

I'll never understand all the hate Stortini gets. He constantly gets his ass kicked but he still goes out and fights around 20 times a year. Sure he is a terrible fighter, but at least he is willing to man up and fight heavyweights from time to time. That alone makes him less of a pussy than 90% of the players in the NHL.
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2011, 12:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArenaMonster View Post
I get a kick out of Zack attack.... seems his fights are just way to damn predictable and always on the "loosing" end
atleast he doesn't fall asleep on the ice at the end of the first game of the season
Old 01-27-2011, 12:30 AM
Clever admin title

Win the fighter previously known as Jim Vandermeer. Is this his first FM of the year, or does it just seem that way? ****ing ****, what the **** happened to him?

Win Matty Nisk in a good fight for him.

Win Barch... I hate Stortini.

Draw in Neal/Pecker.
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
Old 01-27-2011, 12:37 AM
Minor Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan74 View Post
Stortini continues to be an embarrassment. **** you Renney for not dressing Big Mac
With all due respect, as much as we all would love to see big Mac in the lineup, I believe he would have literally sat the whole game being a spectator anyway.

Who on the Stars literally has the ballz to step up to the plate with him without MacIntyre virtually needing to instigate something and being tossed just to get someone to drop'em ... I smell a turtle in Barch if that were to happen.

I miss the 90's..... seriously
Old 01-27-2011, 12:51 AM
Coach

Dallas showing a lot more emotion than they did the last couple games combined in Calgary and Vancouver...

Vandermeer's first fight in whats felt like a decade - too bad it ended the way it did, it started out pretty good too. Good to see him drop the gloves finally as an Oiler.

I like Fraser, but when was the last time he won a fight? Not this season that I can see....and here he loses to Niskanen. Ouch.

Stortini is so easy to make fun of that its almost unfair. That display was terrible, gassed or not. That was all Barch as he picks up the clear win.

Not much going on in the fourth fight, but I could see what Neal was doing there.

- The Duke of Wellington after the Battle of Waterloo, June 18, 1815.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Hall of Famer

Vandermeer here!.No continue for Barch.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:05 AM
Hall of Famer

Stortini is so whack! He likes to take shots from the opponents in fights! He can't fight back! But it looked like he didn't want to fight back here! Stortiniweenie. Stick to playing hockey there big fella.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:21 AM
Hall of Famer

Stortini has never won a heavyweight fight in my estimation. He looks like he accepts being punches around. They should suspend him everytime he refuses to throw! NO HUGGING! THROW!..Barch with the better shots!
Old 01-27-2011, 01:33 AM
Veteran

Just got home from the game. The best game I've seen in person in a number of years.

First off, these teams just hate each other. It reminded me of games in the late 90's with line brawls, etc. I loved it.

Barch/Vandermeer - Win Vandermeer. Too bad the linesman didnt let it go further after Barch slipped. Probably wouldnt have changed the outcome as Vandy plain looked like a better fighter. WTF happened to him?

Fraser/Niskanen. Win Niskanen. Maybe he took a few lessons after getting whupped in every other fight i've seen him in. He threw a few hammerfists (kinda) at the end which made Fraser decide to go the ice. Nice to see the guys ditch the lids here.

Barch/Pre pubescent girl. Win Barch. Not too many other guys (if any) who fight regularly in the NHL could get dominated like this by Barch. No offense to Barch but he is a middleweight who is usually fighting light heavies and heavies which are out of his league a little bit. In this fight he made Stortini look like a 12 year old girl. Right, Right, Left, Uppercut, Repeat. Stortini had the opportunity to take the fight earlier in his shift but decided to take it late. No sympathy there. In between throwing punches he would scream at Stortini to fight back.The home crowd loved this one. Especially as Barch mocked Stortini on the way to the box. Pretty funny, too bad he earned a misconduct for it.

Peckham/Neal. Draw. Peckham smacks Richards around behind the play. Neal flys in to protect him. Nobody seemed to land anything as they each throw a few but get pinned up against the benches. Points loss and minor earned by Neal for instigating with a visor. Take off the damn shield if your going after someone. First time he's shown any aggression all year.

Wish Stars hadn't sent Wathier back to the minors before this one.

Too bad Jacques didn't find a partner. Another half dozen near fights. All in all a damn good hockey game. Almost closed my eyes and pretended it was 1997. Except neither team had a true heavy dressed. Sorry for the alcohol induced rambling here. Beer, hockey, fights. A good night indeed.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:01 AM
Hall of Famer

Zach is WHACK!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Hall of Famer

Linesman should have let Barch - Vandermeer go. When I saw they fought I was settled in my comfy chair with a drink expecting a marathon. Let down.

Colin Fraser who doesn't wear a visor drops his helmet with Niskanen who wears a shield. THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE.

Stortini is an embarrassment. Loved the Mike Tyson's Punch Out music in the background.

Neal didn't want anything to do with fighting Peckham, but stepped in for whoever it was Peckham blasted at the blue line.

- Sloth
Old 01-27-2011, 03:15 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser11 View Post
Stortini has never won a heavyweight fight in my estimation.
Over 70% gave Stortini the decision in this fight:

YouTube - Zack Stortini vs George Parros...

And he defeated Raitis Ivanans:

YouTube - Raitis Ivanans vs Zack Stortini...

However, besides his domination of Parros and a couple of fluke victories, he is a piss poor heavyweight for the most part...
Old 01-27-2011, 03:19 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
Over 70% gave Stortini the decision in this fight:

YouTube - Zack Stortini vs George Parros Mar 27, 2009

And he defeated Raitis Ivanans:

YouTube - Raitis Ivanans vs Zack Stortini Apr 7, 2009

However, besides his domination of Parros and a couple of fluke victories, he is a piss poor heavyweight for the most part...
No wonder the washed-up colton orr had such an easy Time with him.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Win vandy
Win Niskanen (WTF?!?)
Win Barch (Man, Stortini is embarassing)
Draw

Aquile Friuli Venezia Giulia rulez!
Old 01-27-2011, 03:58 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicys1 View Post
No wonder the washed-up colton orr had such an easy Time with him.
Awww come on...give Colton a break! The poor guy just suffered one of the most humiliating defeats in his career.
Closed Thread

Tags
colin fraser, dallas stars, edmonton oilers, james neal, jim vandermeer, krys barch, matt niskanen, theo peckham, zack stortini