Old 02-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Hall of Famer

Troy Brouwer vs Anton Stralman-Win Brouwer.
Aye, fight and you may die, run and you'll live...at least for a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take..OUR FREEDOM!
KILROY was here
2007 HF ProPick'em Champ
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Hall of Famer

I and many others, seem to truly be sick of writers/fans whinning about a guy jumping another player for a nice hit. This was a questionable hit, but Brower doesn't get to see the hit 3-4 times on review and then make a decision on weather or not to fight a guy. Brower is a great teamate and looks after his team very well. Although he is not a "fighter," he does seem to fight well if need be. He gave the play time to wind down in the offensive zone (smart hockey sense) then made a decission to go after the guy who hit their leading scorer. Now, of course we would all like to see Kane actually take care of himself, but we also know he can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. I am truly a Hawks fan, but Brower did NOT jump this Stralman character- he looked him in the eyes and both threw thier gloves off. Stralman knew it was coming. Do I believe Stralman meant to hit Kane the way he did...absolutely not, but it is what it is and Brower saw it so. Therefore, Stralman took a steady diet of punches and will most likely think twice before he leaves his knees out when he misses a check. Brower dominated a fight against a guy who questionably deserved it, but knew it was coming. Now, it would be interesting to see Kane vs Stralman next time they meet... I have $5 on Stralman, even though I support the Hawks.

Last edited by GCBC00; 02-21-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Super All-Star

"somebody's gotta get in there"
hands down one of the worst announcers in the league, the guy was BRUTAL when the jackets first came into the league and he's still BRUTAL, how he still has a job is beyond me

Clean hit

win Brouwer.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter32 View Post
hands down one of the worst announcers in the league, the guy was BRUTAL when the jackets first came into the league and he's still BRUTAL, how he still has a job is beyond me

Clean hit

win Brouwer.
Jeff Rimer was never even in the Blue Jacket's organization until after the lockout.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch28 View Post
Jeff Rimer was never even in the Blue Jacket's organization until after the lockout.
then i stand corrected

guess i just remember him sucking when he announced for the caps
Old 02-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Super All-Star

Like others have said, good for Brouwer sticking up for a star linemate on what appeared to be a cheapshot at first glance. The hit didn't look intentional at all, but hindsight is 20/20. Clear win Brouwer.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:16 AM
All-Star

It looks like he was going for a hip check but then realized that the puck had left Kane's stick so he started to let up and caught him with a knee. I don't think he did it on purpose. WITH THAT SAID, I am a big Blue Jackets fan and when it comes to knee on knee hits, I like seeing a nice beat down on the offending player even if he isn't a fighter. It's only right.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:24 AM
All-Star

clean hit yet you have to be prepared to pay the price.......

it's "The Code"
Old 02-22-2010, 02:33 AM
Minor Leaguer

What did you expect to happen?

For all of you who thing Kane is a wimp, you obviously haven't been hockey fans for very long. Although the fighting has decreased a lot, this was the rule, this is the rule, and this will always be the rule:

Take a cheap shot and the star player, then be prepared to have your butt kicked.

This is hockey.

If you want to want figure skating, then I suggest you watch it instead. There has been a lot of if on the Olympics, where by the way, the USA Team that Kane is on, kicked Canada's butt tonight.

Being a hockey fan for 40 years, I think I know a little of what I'm talking about.

Kane takig abuse being in front of the net; that's his choice.

But someone taking a cheap shot because they might otherwise face losing, that's a whole nother thing.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter32 View Post
hands down one of the worst announcers in the league,
Funny you say this....

reminds me of Chicago's announcer Eddie O a couple years ago... I like Eddie but he was ridiculous when he was saying...

"somebodys gotta get in there somebodys gotta jump in there vandermeers gotta get in there!!"

YouTube- Keith vs. Svitov

And yes, Rimmer sucks. I dont know any Jackets fans that like him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppdiYBV-uG4

Last edited by ShelleyFan45; 02-22-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:08 AM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyFan45 View Post
And yes, Rimmer sucks. I dont know any Jackets fans that like him.
Rimmer lives down the street from one of my buddies out at Tartan Fields.
He"ll see Rims out walking on a regular basis...
Evidently guy with a bad goatee is as big of a tool in person as he is on TV.
Closed Thread

Tags
anton stralman, chicago blackhawks, columbus blue jackets, troy brouwer