Old 10-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Coach

Chicago at Boston 10/25/07

Zdeno Chara vs. David Koci

Koci crashes the net and then a scrum ensues. The refs try to break everything up, but out of the scrum Chara and Koci emerge. They look to agree on the fight and start. Chara starts off by throwing a couple then Koci responds. Soon after Chara lands a punch either on the nose and broke it again or re-opened a cut on Koci from the Belak fight and the punch that Koci threw at the same time knocked Chara to one knee. Koci ducks his head to show he's injured, the linesmen recognize this and come in and stop the fight. Blood spatters are everywhere on the ice and all over the linesman and Koci.

Win Chara.

[youtube=q3_ghTTQefI]Zdeno Chara vs. David Koci[/youtube]

Last edited by steg1989; 10-25-2007 at 10:42 PM. Reason: added video
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Coach

Chicago at Boston 10/25/07

David Koci vs Zdeno Chara

Koci crashes Tim Thomas and a srum ensues. Chara looks real pissed and pushes his way through the scrum to get at Koci. They separate. Each throw a couple. Koci then throws one which appears to knock Chara off balance. Chara straightens out and throws a bomb which is eaten by Koci's helmet. Chara then throws another bomb which lands flush on Koci's face and must've shattered his nose. Refs rush in as there is blood everywhere.

Win Chara

edit: got caught up in the moment, no tko but a clear decision nonetheless
Veteran

Win Chara but props to Koci for hanging in there and continuing to fight after his nose was smashed.

"He needs a new shirt, that guy." - Kip Brennan
Hall of Famer

Looked like Koci made a new faceoff dot with his blood.. holy toledo.. he was leaking..
Old 10-25-2007, 08:49 PM
General Manager

Win Chara. Koci did land a good punch though on Chara but man did Koci bleed. Props to Koci for fighting with a broken nose.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Hall of Famer

I just saw it on the Rangers intermission show.

Oh my god that was nasty!
Old 10-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Veteran

I believe Koci had blood coming from his eyebrow and his nose... Chara is an absolute beast. When I say Chara doesn't fight much because NO ONE will go with him, it really is true. The first game both Fedorek and Winchester wouldn't go with him. Ivanans wouldn't go with him.

Chara had a cut on his hand and he was back out on the ice at the end of the period.

Big win/TKO Chara

-Mike Milbury during the 1st intermission of the Bruins/TB game 10/18/07
Old 10-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold View Post
David Koci vs Zdeno Chara

Koci crashes Tim Thomas and a srum ensues. Chara looks real pissed and pushes his way through the scrum to get at Koci. They separate. Each throw a couple. Koci then throws one which appears to knock Chara off balance. Chara straightens out and throws a bomb which is eaten by Koci's helmet. Chara then throws another bomb which lands flush on Koci's face and must've shattered his nose. Refs rush in as there is blood everywhere.

TKO Win Chara
TKO win? Unless the criteria changed, severely bloodying a guy doesn't make it a TKO. Big win yes, TKO not really.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Pro

Just seen it and boy did Kocis face get bust open but props to him for fighting
Old 10-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorka85 View Post
TKO win? Unless the criteria changed, severely bloodying a guy doesn't make it a TKO. Big win yes, TKO not really.
depends on your definition... the punch by chara ended the fight as koci was now helpless and the linesmen rushed in
Old 10-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Hall of Famer

im a big koci fan,but if it wasnt broken already,it would have been by chara here.chara landed some huge shots right square on the nose.koci had to know this would happen if he dropped the gloves with anybody,let alone chara.time for lapointe to step up now
Old 10-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngold View Post
depends on your definition... the punch by chara ended the fight as koci was now helpless and the linesmen rushed in
True, I usually won't use TKO in a fight call unless the punch sends the other guy to the ice and stuns/dazes him. Otherwise it's just a win.
Hall of Famer

Fukken missed it by about 10 seconds but did see parts of the replay. I am not going to judge the fight by blood alone. Koci was a mess. It will be in newspapers for sure. Chara looked to land one or two more but he was also dropped to a knee by Koci. Bruins announcers are the terrible. According to them, Koci pounded Boogaard and Belak before being on the losing end of this fight. I do not like Chara but he went after Koci and wanted this fight so props to him there. However with Thorton and Lucic in the lineup I don't think it's to wise to have your horse on defense fighting too "Much". The bruins are a tough team this year and are going to be a lot tougher for teams to play against.
Content Team

Good stuff, lot's of blood, Koci is one tough SOB though, broken nose and taking it again.
Veteran

Chara's awesome. He knows he can beat the **** out of just about anyone in the league, but he doesn't even fight. It's just incredible that he can go so long without fighting, and then do so well whenever he does. He's right up there with Boogaard, Laraque, McGrattan, Orr...anyone. Chara could beat any of those guys.
Closed Thread