Old 09-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs_fan77 View Post
He clearly didn't do his job, later in the game (after the fight) Hollweg leveled Peters. Hollweg did not recieve any messages obviously. He continued to run around to the end of the game.
Who won the fight ?

I don't care if he "leveled" Peters ... this is about the fight.

Hollweg was free to run around - Peters got the boot.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex_buff_chest View Post
Wait a second.

Is the job of an enforcer to simply fight heavies or make sure that his team is protected and that he sends that message to whoever the hell needs to hear it?

Who cares if Peters beats the hell out of whoever is supposed to be the damn heavyweight for Toronto, if Hollweg is going to run around like an ass it's all for naught.

Sounds like he sent a message to someone who needs it...a two hander to the chest didn't do it so I guess Peters thought he would give him a refresher.

A heavyweight does his job and people are going crap on the guy?
Yeah cuz hes gay and doesnt fight for crap. Emphasis on GAY

Retarded is tarded..... twice
Old 09-22-2008, 11:55 PM
All-Star

Clearly a Leafs fan. Hollweg leveled him when he wasn't looking and never had touched the puck. Typical of him.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Coach

Hollweg vs Peters was not a KO or TKO or anything close to that. Hollweg trying to make an impression with the Leafs actually dropped the gloves first and threw the first punch. Then bailed on the fight while Peters through some while Hollweg went down. Hollweg wanted no part of trading punches with Peters but did what he had to do to look like he wanted to fight.

Hollweg really got into Peters head and Peters got kicked out for chirping the Ref after the Ondrus Kaleta fight.
"We would have loved for the series to end in a tie, it would be fair for us and for Canadians. But that goal just proves how Canadians have that special quality - they fight until the last second, they push until they get what they want."
Alexander Yakushev - on the 72 series
Old 09-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Nice to see Peters holding Hollwegg accountable for running around. Can't believe Toronto doesn't have a hw in there system.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Super All-Star

Who cares who said Peters changed his stance ! This is his first fight and its with little hollweg , I sure would hope Peters would open up and go toe to toe with a little guy like that . I hope Peters turns it around and fights how he used to but dont get your hopes up ..

Keep calm, take cover, then return fire
Old 09-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM24 View Post
Hollweg vs Peters was not a KO or TKO or anything close to that. Hollweg trying to make an impression with the Leafs actually dropped the gloves first and threw the first punch. Then bailed on the fight while Peters through some while Hollweg went down. Hollweg wanted no part of trading punches with Peters but did what he had to do to look like he wanted to fight.

Hollweg really got into Peters head and Peters got kicked out for chirping the Ref after the Ondrus Kaleta fight.
This is exactly what happened. I just got home from the game, pretty crazy stuff.

I talked to Bob McGill, for about 10 minutes, I asked him who is the toughest he ever fought, of course he said Probert. No news there, HOWEVER, he asked why. I said well on hockeyfights.com some people are talking, and yah.

So he says what are they talking about? What's the big news? I said well, Mirasty and Sugden getting a shot at the NHL. I asked him if he think's either will make it. This is where it gets sort of funny.

He started to chucke and shake his head, he said they wont make it, they can't even cut it in the AHL let alone the NHL. He said one of them got one shift last year with Syracuse (dunno if this can be verified), and that teams don't need people like that who can only fight and not play the game at all.

As far as the Ondrus bout goes, I'd have to see the replay, but look liked he knocked him down with that punch and landed another on the way down.

Intense, really drunk crowd, nice to see those platinum seats filled

Anyways Hollweg did he job perfectly, it's nice to have someone who will show up, regardless of the outcome.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:38 AM
Hall of Famer

Alright Peters, a good step into the right direction. Also good on Hollweg for taking on a much bigger tougher Andrew Peters.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:15 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan 27 View Post
sounds like peters is improving from last year hanging w/ bruisers like hollweg. who's he gonna fight next, blake?
LOL...i'm a sabres fan but cant help but agree with you. Hollweg has been nothing more then a punching bag for years!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs # 1 View Post
Thanks for clarifying it looked like it by the way Hollweg dropped and Peters followed through... camera was late getting over there and I did not see a replay... can't wait for the video.
Watching the replay a couple of times and waiting for the camera to come back to the fight after they get started, you will notice the stick go flying across the ice in the same direction as Hollweg`s feet.... looks like he tripped on a stick.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Hall of Famer

Nice! Great to see the Sabres playing tough again once in a while, I thought the Buffalo vs. Toronto games were pretty boring the last season.

Props to Hollweg for dropping the gloves without hesitating against a much bigger and better fighter.

Is it just my impression or does Peters look like he has gained some weight again? He looks stronger, especially his faces looks like he has gained some pounds again, maybe it's just because he is not in shape already or maybe it's because he has changed his mind about being a better skater and player and concentrates again on being the fighter he once was.
This forum is full of people that suffer from post-pubertal showing-off affectations...
Old 09-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Hall of Famer

Haha, I love when you guys use that line "typical leafs fan". I know Peters won the fight, I know if it lasted longer Peters would of destroyed him. But all im saying is that there was no message sent to Hollweg cleary, epecially if he continued to run around still.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Coach

Peters dropped Hollweg easily in their fight, but at least Ryan was willing to drop the gloves. And he actually had a nice hit on Peters that wasn't from behind to spark the second fight. Hollweg's an effective energy player if he can keep his head out of his ass and pay attention to how he goes in to make his hits.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Hall of Famer

Hollweg must of been on a huge adrenaline rush.He deserves on spot on the roster.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Hall of Famer

I swear it's as if Darcy Tucker never left, Ryan Hollweg not only looks like him, but stepped right into his role, I had to do a damn double-take there.

- RIP George Carlin
Closed Thread

Tags
andrew peters, ben ondrus, buffalo sabres, patrick kaleta, ryan hollweg, toronto maple leafs