Old 01-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesadillamal View Post
That last punch was nowhere near landing. Just checked it again and Scott landed 3 punches. It is possible one landed on the temple or there was another punch that looked to land near the back of the jaw but I can't see any of those shots being the reason Thornton went down. I am sticking with a clear bail and a clear win. Looked like an odd fight.
I don't know about the clear bail part, pesa. Thorts didn't return after that fight so he obviously got hurt. It looked like the second to last punch by Scott was what did the trick. KD or TKO win for Scott in this one in my himble opinion.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steg1989 View Post
Thornton's not on the bench, I'm curious to see what happened. Win Scott...leaning towards KD, something made Thornton lose his legs when trying to get up.
This has to be a TKO then and like rondo said, close to a KO. Scary how easy Scott made it look.
Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock. - Mayor Vaugn
Old 01-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Veteran

Scott fed Thornton his lunch, I'll admit...but the elbow to the face of Peverly was absolutely stupid. You can tell Scott is not a disciplined teammate and he's gonna be a problem for the Sabres this year.

Keep him out on the ice and see how many pathetic penalty's he gets and Buffalo will be short handed the entire season.
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesadillamal View Post
I am having trouble seeing it land. They had two different views on the Boston feed and I am trying to see it land but can't. It would make sense for sure the way Thornton looked and I trust you and rondo as much as anyone.

The scariest part about the fight was how effortlessly Scott was throwing punches.
Thornton is usually great at tying up the strong hand of his opponent. Unfortunately for him though, Scott prevented him doing that which resulted in Thornton being ripe for the picking.
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSTONMASSACRE View Post
I don't think that one fight will lead to a longer thread then when Lucic dropped Carkner.
Maybe if there are a few more scraps perhaps.
that was a KD. carkner got up and wanted to keep going. thornton was TKO'd guy couldnt even stand without the ref helping him to the box.

hows it feel knowing your idol got slapped?
Old 01-31-2013, 07:53 PM
Veteran

Score that one all Scott. I believe a few of us have egg on our face. OK Lucic, looks like you will be getting tested tonight.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:54 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like Boobs View Post
Scott I think was pointing out that was "1"

Earlier today he said he'd fight all 3 of Boston's big 3 of Thornton, Lucic, and Chara.

TKO win Scott, that was a beating he put on a guy who almost never takes one.
I hope this is true, it will be like old school hockey. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Lucic or Chara challenged Scott after that one sided beating or Scott challenging those 2, specifically Lucic.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:55 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by srehm1 View Post
I don't know about the clear bail part, pesa. Thorts didn't return after that fight so he obviously got hurt. It looked like the second to last punch by Scott was what did the trick. KD or TKO win for Scott in this one in my himble opinion.
My bad. I did see a punch towards the end that looked to land near the temple.

Edit: Just saw a much closer view in between periods of the Ranger game. Third to last punch ended it. TKO Scott. I still don't see that uppercut landing though.
Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock. - Mayor Vaugn

Last edited by pesadillamal; 01-31-2013 at 07:58 PM.
General Manager

According to Jack Edwards, Thornton won't be returning to the game.

Thornton definitely did not get the grab he wanted as soon as he dropped the gloves. Scott had complete reign of his own right for that fight.

Score permitting, I can see Chara going with Scott.
Hall of Famer

Wow, that was really the first time i have ever seen Thornton struggle like that.

Scott was simply too big, realistically what could Thornton even do to that? - Scott wins this one via 10 foot reach and a TKO victory.

Just too damn big.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:56 PM
Coach

One of those rare fights where the "4 - Domination" tag applies.

Thorts never returned after that scrap. Hope his face ain't hurtin too bad!
News Junkie

Quote:
Update: Shawn Thornton will not return to tonight's game
via Bruins twitter
Hall of Famer

take note vancouver. go out trade for steve macintyre .
win john scott.
hopefully we see more rough stuff. would love to see chara vs scott
Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 PM
Hall of Famer

I would be VERY surprised if Chara went or did anything to Scott, angry Chara has left the hockey game years ago.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Wow Thornton got smoked by Scott epic KD there folks,worse i ever seen Thornton lose.

Tags
boston bruins, buffalo sabres, john scott, shawn thornton