woods
Old 03-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Hall of Famer

win Erskine, even slo-mo proof can't deter the BBB from being delusional homers.
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HchVegasNHL57 View Post
Is there any truth to the talk that erks said he got caught in an interview after the game?
No. Smashem is flat out lying about what an NHL player said after a fight, which is a pretty lame thing to do on a sight like this which is often read by NHL players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Garden
I think those punches clipped Erskine's face and Thornton was taking control of the fight and then Erskine went down....it could have been worse. Erskine was getting overwhelmed at the end of that fight, he didn't exactly finish strong to pick up a win
I keep seeing you allude to this...Thornton threw a punch that missed and suddenly you feel 'Erskine was getting overwhelmed' and Thornton was 'taking control'...What are you even talking about?

Now, Erskine landed at least one solid shot to the ear and what looked like one before that. Thornton was overwhelmed at the beginning of the fight but did well to regain his composure, him throwing a punch doesn't mean he is 'taking over' by any means.

Brashear beat your favorite fighter. Undisputed top 5 all time.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Hall of Famer

Thanks for the slow mo dj, that last by Thorts missed edge win Erskin.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Hall of Famer

LOL, did not see if it missed did you, And if you did your lying. YEAH watched the re-play. By the way even if it did not land Thorts must have a dandy shoulder punch. So none the matter KD A-Holes.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude349 View Post
This fight is nothing more than a draw. Erskine early and Thornton late. These Bruins homers are beyond ridiculous.
As are the Bruins haters who are calling this fight a clear win for Erskine. They are both equally ridiculous and obnoxious.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBurger View Post
As are the Bruins haters who are calling this fight a clear win for Erskine. They are both equally ridiculous and obnoxious.
It's a counter balance thing Matt. The post right above yours from Smashem, the posts from Bruins29 and a few others are usually so absurd that good posters like you who give a fair review get lost in the shuffle.

The homers try to drown out the haters and vice versa. It sucks but the homers annoy people so badly that it causes a ripple effect.

I thought your latest review of the fight was good and a draw is fine, I just think if Thornton landed 2 early shots and then fell down as Erskine was throwing a punch but it missed, many would claim a win for Thornton.

The worst part is that when viewing it live, it certainly looks like a knockdown by Thornton which would give him a win so I can see where peeps are coming from and I initially called it a win for Shawn. Time to call it a draw and move on.

You can't make this stuff up.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Rookie

Expected better from both these guys, lame fight, draw, summary of the fight bad grapples ear shot, hugs all around, followed by missed punches, and then a fall/take down spin the last part how you want, I can't give a win for this fight ear shot was lame, draw.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Hall of Famer

When I first watched this fight I saw a what appeared to be a straight right by Thornton that landed flush and down goes Erskine - enter doubt, angles, etc..
I will go with my gut...Erskine went down in a heap
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the decision that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all." Fear always springs from ignorance."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 03-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Going Draw, don't think the punch landed. Aaannnddd moving on.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashem View Post
LOL, did not see if it missed did you, And if you did your lying. YEAH watched the re-play. By the way even if it did not land Thorts must have a dandy shoulder punch. So none the matter KD A-Holes.
I can't comprehend what you are trying to say here, but I want to hear where Erskine stated he got caught.

If you just made it up as a joke then just say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBurger
As are the Bruins haters who are calling this fight a clear win for Erskine. They are both equally ridiculous and obnoxious
Mikeb already addressed it, but I feel that Erskine's two shots at the beginning of the fight compared to Thornton's zero shots warrants an edge, it's not enough for a CLEAR WIN for me, but to others 2 punches to 0 might be. I don't mind if people don't think he did enough and give it a draw either. But those going around ignoring the rather obvious missed punch in the slomo video, pretending hitting someones shoulder pad ought to give them a win, and/or flat out making up post-fight quotes from Erskine to try and justify calling it a Thornton win are ridiculous and should be called out.

Brashear beat your favorite fighter. Undisputed top 5 all time.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetardedChimp View Post
Mikeb already addressed it, but I feel that Erskine's two shots at the beginning of the fight compared to Thornton's zero shots warrants an edge, it's not enough for a CLEAR WIN for me, but to others 2 punches to 0 might be. I don't mind if people don't think he did enough and give it a draw either. But those going around ignoring the rather obvious missed punch in the slomo video, pretending hitting someones shoulder pad ought to give them a win, and/or flat out making up post-fight quotes from Erskine to try and justify calling it a Thornton win are ridiculous and should be called out.
Please. We all know you and the other Boston haters are looking for any reason to give a Bruins player a loss. But this is just foolish...Erskine clearly lost this fight. You and the other haters can b!tch about it until you're blue in the face...but Thornton has been voted the winner by a huge margin. Case closed.

But by all means, continue arguing about super-slow motion replays and phantom punches by Erskine.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBurger View Post
Matt.... just to be fair - while that may hold true in other threads, it doesn't appear to be the case (yet) in this one. In case I missed something I went back and read the comments... and I didn't see one "Bruins Hater", or any other poster for that matter give anything more than a draw or an edge to Erskine.

Edit: I did see Hdoc gave Erskine a "win", but that's it.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins29 View Post
Please. We all know you and the other Boston haters are looking for any reason to give a Bruins player a loss. But this is just foolish...Erskine clearly lost this fight. You and the other haters can b!tch about it until you're blue in the face...but Thornton has been voted the winner by a huge margin. Case closed.

But by all means, continue arguing about super-slow motion replays and phantom punches by Erskine.
Sorry Bruins29 but you're wrong. I have as much respect for Thornton as anyone, he's a great fighter with a great reputation so for me to look for a reason to give him a loss is absurd.

The voting on this site or any other for that matter, is going to be skewed because probably 75% of the people will never see the slow mo so I guess us Bruin haters are just going to have to deal with that as Thornton gets a tainted "win" and you can wallow in your glory.

Don't worry, I'll get over it, I'll get over your homer posts, I'll even get over you being rude to me and many other posters, and I'll even get over knowing the fact that you're one of Bruin fans who give the rest a bad name by being a troll and going above and beyond the term, homer. Trouble is, I don't think you'll get over it and that's much worse than Thornton being handed a win for not landing a single punch.

You can't make this stuff up.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins29 View Post

Sorry, but you're incorrect here. I'm a huge ST fan, but the slo-mo tape tells the tail. Ultimately, it was a pretty weak fight between two tough dudes -- all bluster, no damage.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebflorida View Post
Sorry Bruins29 but you're wrong. I have as much respect for Thornton as anyone, he's a great fighter with a great reputation so for me to look for a reason to give him a loss is absurd.

The voting on this site or any other for that matter, is going to be skewed because probably 75% of the people will never see the slow mo so I guess us Bruin haters are just going to have to deal with that as Thornton gets a tainted "win" and you can wallow in your glory.

Don't worry, I'll get over it, I'll get over your homer posts, I'll even get over you being rude to me and many other posters, and I'll even get over knowing the fact that you're one of Bruin fans who give the rest a bad name by being a troll and going above and beyond the term, homer. Trouble is, I don't think you'll get over it and that's much worse than Thornton being handed a win for not landing a single punch.
First off, nobody should need to watch a hockey fight frame by frame to determine a winner. It's strange. It says a lot more about the person watching the slow mo video than it does about the actual fight.

Secondly, knock off the high and mighty crap. You talk as much sh!t on here as anyone. Your posts are unbelievably arrogant, you are constantly demeaning people/speaking down to them, and to top it off you've been trolling Bruins threads for several years. I'd say you give all Lightning fans a bad name...but, well...there aren't any! You might be the most annoying poster on the site...constantly sh!tting on people for doing the same exact things that you are doing. Stop being a hypocrite.

As far as the voting goes, I can see arguing about it if one guy is voted the winner by a 5-10% margin. But when nearly 6 out of 10 people are choosing the same person? Maybe it's just that those people are normal...and you (and some others in this thread) are crazy. I'm going with that.

Tags
boston bruins, bruins29 is jack edwards, john erskine, shawn thornton, washington capitals