Advertisement
Old 09-25-2011, 03:05 AM
Hall of Famer

Jacques might as well have taken his wallet too geez...

This is why I think Getzlaf is such a great cap. Steppin in and handling things is what a captain should do always. Now he isn't the best fighter but he can hang. I dont know too much about this Duco guy but I know he is no stranger to fighting, especially in the AHL...but pretty even scraps except for the last one lol, which wasnt even a fight haha...and Id say Smaby got the L though...
Old 09-25-2011, 03:30 AM
Hall of Famer

i like it JFJ, keep doing it
Old 09-25-2011, 04:06 AM
Super All-Star

I like how Duco just turtled.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:58 AM
Hall of Famer

Looks like Duco is doing a great job. Seems like he is already hated pretty good.
This forum is full of people that suffer from post-pubertal showing-off affectations...
Old 09-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Coach

Oreskovich-Smaby was a real weak fight, I guess you could give it to Oreskovich.

Great job by Getzlaf, the team's captain and star player, to stand up for his goaltender and fight Duco, even if the scrap itself was pretty weak. It's an excellent display of leadership.

I'm not sure what else went on in the game, but Duco bumping the goaltender and fighting the team's star in Getzlaf seems enough probable cause for someone else to go after him, so I have no problem with JFJ's actions, although from an entertainment standpoint, I wish he would have given him more of a chance. But man can those announcers whine while acting oblivious to everything else that had transpired up to that point in the game.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Hall of Famer

3 weak fights. First fight Mark Mancari was mentioned, what are the chances he makes the team?

Last edited by shaud19; 09-25-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Hall of Famer

Not the best fights, but message perfectly sent: you're not gonna mess with us!
Major props to Getzlaf and JFJ for sticking up for the team.

Aquile Friuli Venezia Giulia rulez!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:47 AM
All-Star

Great, another Sean Avery in the League. Hell I can't even compare him to that idiot. At least Avery fights back. Don't stir the pot if you can't or won't stand your ground. JFJ although it was kinda funny, it was premeditated and will probably see some disiplinary action as a result. He pretty much mugged Mike Duco. If nothing comes of it then I will be surprised.
Colton Orr, Toronto's Sheriff - Playing for Marlies!?, Fraser McLaren, Toronto's Deputy Sheriff - Playing for Marlies!?, David Broll, Toronto's Patrolman - Playing for Marlies!?, Jamie Devane, Toronto's Patrolman - Playing for Marlies!?, Richard Panik, Toronto's Constable

NASCAR is the Coolest form of racing on the planet.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:01 AM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimson View Post
Great, another Sean Avery in the League. Hell I can't even compare him to that idiot. At least Avery fights back. Don't stir the pot if you can't or won't stand your ground. JFJ although it was kinda funny, it was premeditated and will probably see some disiplinary action as a result. He pretty much mugged Mike Duco. If nothing comes of it then I will be surprised.
JFJ will probably get at least one game since he got an instigator in the last five minutes of the game.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevils17 View Post
JFJ will probably get at least one game since he got an instigator in the last five minutes of the game.
I don't think that Islanders player got the 1 game suspension for instigating vs Krejci in the last 5 minutes.
Rick Rypien
Lokomotiv
Add me on Xbox Live: SKoTTee85
Old 09-25-2011, 01:39 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Hold up, Duco gets blatantly jumped and u compare him to Avery? Your post contradicts itself, and your hate for the Canucks is obvious lol.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Hall of Famer

No Canuck jumps in to help Duco out... I see Duco is well liked on his team.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:09 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookbanktuff View Post
Hold up, Duco gets blatantly jumped and u compare him to Avery? Your post contradicts itself, and your hate for the Canucks is obvious lol.
LOL Are you serious dude? I love All Canadian teams cept for Mont'real and Ottawa. Sorry. And I just think that from what I saw, Mike Duco was running around like a wild man and when it came time to stand up, he fell down. I understand he was jumped and I don't condone that. I just think that if he hadn't of maybe lipped off or got too over aggressive, he might not of had that coming. Thats all.
Colton Orr, Toronto's Sheriff - Playing for Marlies!?, Fraser McLaren, Toronto's Deputy Sheriff - Playing for Marlies!?, David Broll, Toronto's Patrolman - Playing for Marlies!?, Jamie Devane, Toronto's Patrolman - Playing for Marlies!?, Richard Panik, Toronto's Constable

NASCAR is the Coolest form of racing on the planet.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:26 PM
All-Star

Quote:
LOL Are you serious dude? I love All Canadian teams cept for Mont'real and Ottawa. Sorry. And I just think that from what I saw, Mike Duco was running around like a wild man and when it came time to stand up, he fell down. I understand he was jumped and I don't condone that. I just think that if he hadn't of maybe lipped off or got too over aggressive, he might not of had that coming. Thats all.
Lol fair enough. I was watching the game last night and couldnt even tell why big bad Jacques even jumped him. Either way I think Duco may make the Canucks in that Tanner Glass 4th line AV role.
Closed Thread

Tags
anaheim ducks, jean-francois jacques, matt smaby, mike duco, ryan getzlaf, vancouver canucks, victor oreskovich