Old 02-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Pro

so another trade deadline comes and goes and nothing ---- so what is differant about this team and the last 2 that went out easily in 2 rounds ...............hmmmmm.........NOTHING!...........B O R I N G
Old 03-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bclub View Post
so another trade deadline comes and goes and nothing ---- so what is differant about this team and the last 2 that went out easily in 2 rounds ...............hmmmmm.........NOTHING!...........B O R I N G
Aww come on man, Holland made the trade of the year when he shipped Commodore to Tampa for a 7th rd pick!

Now that Detroit has so many injuries on defence they are forced to give guys like Smith, Kindl and Janik regular minutes. Who needs a veteran presence when you can play rookies and pilons?

Holland for President!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Pro

apologies

I wanna say I'm sorry to Hank Zetterberg its not your fault that your GM hates you and doesn't do what needs to be done to protect you --- I'm sorry that your coach doesn't care about you or your health - because he doesn't demand from his GM that you be protected and I'm sorry that your teammates think so little of you that they feel it is more important to get off the ice after the buzzer then to do what needs to be done to show you that they will go to battle for you in any situation........and I wanna say thank you to Todd Bertuzzi you old ba5tard for at least trying to give this pathetic organization a little bit of dignity............the rest of the wings you can F*** OFF

Last edited by 3bclub; 04-21-2012 at 11:22 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3bclub For This Useful Post:
ARCTICCAT24 (04-22-2012), miller29 (04-21-2012), Viper207 (04-22-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 01:34 AM
All-Star

In an ideal world the Wings should get rid of Hudler, Emmerton, Filpula, Murzak and Cleary. Along with Holstrom and Lidstrom retiring. This summer the Wings have a chance to sing some gritty guys, but Holland won't do it because he loves to taste of European cok.

"Trust me, I'm a really nice guy" - Bob Probert

"People say that I'm a millionaire, but that's not true - I only spend millions" - Robert Plant
Old 05-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Hall of Famer

Wings VP Jimmy Devellano said that we're looking to get "bigger and tougher" this offseason.

The fact that it's come from him and not smoke-blowing Ken Holland leads me to believe it's true. He said the trend in the playoffs in recent years is that physical teams have been out-muscling smaller skilled teams which again is true.

I guess they've finally got it. You'd have thought after the 07/08 Cup winning roster they'd have got it and not made us suffer through the past few years of small, soft and useless garbage.

I have a feeling they'll take a run at Paul Gaustad. They did at the deadline and lost and they struggled against him in the playoffs. Obviously the first choice would be Konopka or Prust who are both UFAs as well, but they're a bit dreamlandish.

...but then we did try to sign Colton Orr a few seasons ago...I have a realistic feeling that next seasons team will be fairly bearable to watch. Especially if we get rid of Hudler, Kindl and Holmstrom.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Super All-Star

If Aaron Asham or Brandon Prust are available the Wings should be embarrassed if they don't pick one of them up. Other than that I'm really excited to see if we can land Parise and Suter.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwdan19 View Post
If Aaron Asham or Brandon Prust are available the Wings should be embarrassed if they don't pick one of them up. Other than that I'm really excited to see if we can land Parise and Suter.
I'm not sure if I want Suter. I have heard from a few analysts that Suter is the type of player that wants to be treated like the superstar on the team without having to deal with any of the off ice stuff that comes with being a superstar. He wants to be in a small market so he can fly under the radar when not playing.

Detroit would be a bad idea. But Parise would be nice. It's been a while since Detroit has had a 40 goal scorer.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:25 PM
All-Star

Red Wings have all the money in the world to sign Prust. If they don't sign him they're ****ing retarded.

"Trust me, I'm a really nice guy" - Bob Probert

"People say that I'm a millionaire, but that's not true - I only spend millions" - Robert Plant
Old 06-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTICCAT24 View Post
In an ideal world the Wings should get rid of Hudler, Emmerton, Filpula, Murzak and Cleary. Along with Holstrom and Lidstrom retiring. This summer the Wings have a chance to sing some gritty guys, but Holland won't do it because he loves to taste of European cok.
Why filpula? He is a good set up man and has great speed. Agree with you on hudler, he's a joke. Slow, weak, not a goal scorer and terrible defender. Cleary is a decent 3rd/4th liner but should never play on a line with zets or dats.
"It takes four rounds of the playoffs -- 16 wins in as many as 28 games -- and these players were up to that grueling test and set some impressive records along the way." -- U.S. President George W. Bush

In Hoke We Trust
Old 06-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Pro

I hope as UKRedWing pointed out in a previous post, that the Wings make the moves to get tougher and stronger.

I'm anxious to see what Homer decides. I'd like to see him hang them up. He doesn't belong on the 4th line and is too slow otherwise.

I'm giddy that Hudler may go elsewhere.

So tomorrow should be interesting. Sometimes I get my hopes up with the periodic talk about getting tougher and the cap space room we have but course it can easily go south and by the end of the day we have replaced soft with soft because Holland couldn't keep his gd hands off some more finesse.
"We got the crap run out of us,'' Babcock said. "We had May in a couple of games in exhibition and no one got hacked or whacked or touched. We donít have him and we get run. You get tired of watching that.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Super All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hav42 View Post
I hope as UKRedWing pointed out in a previous post, that the Wings make the moves to get tougher and stronger.

I'm anxious to see what Homer decides. I'd like to see him hang them up. He doesn't belong on the 4th line and is too slow otherwise.

I'm giddy that Hudler may go elsewhere.

So tomorrow should be interesting. Sometimes I get my hopes up with the periodic talk about getting tougher and the cap space room we have but course it can easily go south and by the end of the day we have replaced soft with soft because Holland couldn't keep his gd hands off some more finesse.
You just had to jinx it lol. Detroit went out and signed tough guy Mikael Samuelsson................. yeah they got Tootoo. But Sammy brings negative grit. And with Tootoo in that most likely means Eaves is out. Soo back to square one.......
Hav42 (07-03-2012), Viper207 (07-06-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
You just had to jinx it lol. Detroit went out and signed tough guy Mikael Samuelsson................. yeah they got Tootoo. But Sammy brings negative grit. And with Tootoo in that most likely means Eaves is out. Soo back to square one.......
Damnit! NOOOOOOOO! LOL. Of course I'd open my big mouth the day prior after sitting quietly for months. lol...

I feel shame!
"We got the crap run out of us,'' Babcock said. "We had May in a couple of games in exhibition and no one got hacked or whacked or touched. We donít have him and we get run. You get tired of watching that.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Pro

With the exception of Hudler leaving this has been pretty disappointing.
Getting Tootoo is good, but for f*c!s sake, why not Boulton, Scott, or even Asham?

The rest of the league snaps up the tough guys, and the Wings sign Tootoo and 3/4's of ABBA. Nice.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Holland is a cocksucker, I simply cannot put it any other way.
Parise and Suter are queer buddies and greedy and decided to take the cash over anything IMO, instead of going for still too much and a legit team(still very close to home)

But they did get tootoo, wish they got konopka.

But $20 million+ in cap and thats all they come up with??? TOOTOO AND SAMUELSSON??? Wideman, Carle, and Salo are gone, so heres to having a sub par defense.

Offensively whos left, Shane Doan and that lockerroom killer Alex Semin whos a filthy player, but no one likes him.

Ship out some draft picks,Nyquist, and Franzen for Ricky Nash or somethin
The Following User Says Thank You to SyrCrunch11 For This Useful Post:
BritishRedWing (07-14-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Pro

Tootoo was a move in the right direction but Holland and company seem to believe you only need one guy to address that element of the game. I think for Tootoo to flourish he's going to need some support and I image the organization believes it is 100% addressed for the next two years. They are going to get their monies worth out of Jordan (Bless him because I'm sure he's up for it) but gd Holland if he leaves him out to dry.

Holland has a self defeating perspective when it comes to grit. He wants grit and skill in a single package (at least this is the lip service us fans get every season) but he always baulks at the market price. "We'd have liked to get X player or X player but the asking price was too high." Well, if you truly want that type of player, market price is market price!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hav42 For This Useful Post:
BritishRedWing (07-14-2012), Viper207 (07-06-2012)