hockeyfights.com forums

hockeyfights.com forums (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f81/)
-   -   Red Wings 2011-2012 (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f81/red-wings-2011-2012-a-160823/)

kwnger1371 06-25-2011 03:12 PM

Red Wings 2011-2012

Well boys hopefully some change is coming with Raffy retiring and some fowards not coming back of not being brought back. it would be nice to see us fill one of the D spots with a gritty guy but there is much out there this year in free agent Wisnewski looks like he would be solid he can put up points and play with a edge. It would be nice to get some guys up from GR like they say like Tatar and maybe Emmerton there are some rugged guys out there that can play and throw down if needed and i hope we pick one up but we say that every year. I just hope that Draper and Ozzie aren't resigned they are old and need to go and we need to get younger and bigger. I wouldnt mind having Jagr if the price was right. Out of the draft I really like Richard Nedomlel this kid looks like he could be a solid D-man that isnt afaird to throw down.

Dave_42 06-27-2011 02:10 AM

I didn't know that the Jagr talk was actually serious. Is he really looking to be signed? It sorta reminds me of us signing Modano for a year... will it not just be a waste of $1,000,000? I did just read an article saying that Holland said the ball is in Jagr's court. He wants an answer by July 1st. I for one would not mind signing him, but I don't see it actually happening. He would be taking a huge pay cut. I doubt he'd do it.

drwdan19 07-02-2011 03:06 PM

The best news I've heard so far is that the Wings are shopping Hudler. Get him out of the red and white, please.

UKRedWing 07-02-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drwdan19 (Post 2292378)
The best news I've heard so far is that the Wings are shopping Hudler. Get him out of the red and white, please.

We're shopping but no ones taking.

Anthony19 07-03-2011 02:09 PM

Whats the deal on Cory Emmerton? From what I have seen the guy will be nothing more than a 3rd-4th liner and it seems to me that the Wings really don't wanna loose this guy. If they were so scared on him getting claimed off waivers why resign Miller?

Speaking of Miller, I think Miller is just a body that they could of definitely upgraded over. Is Drew Miller that much better than Zenon Konopka, Eric Godard, or Eric Boulton?

kwnger1371 07-03-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anthony19 (Post 2293042)
Whats the deal on Cory Emmerton? From what I have seen the guy will be nothing more than a 3rd-4th liner and it seems to me that the Wings really don't wanna loose this guy. If they were so scared on him getting claimed off waivers why resign Miller?

Speaking of Miller, I think Miller is just a body that they could of definitely upgraded over. Is Drew Miller that much better than Zenon Konopka, Eric Godard, or Eric Boulton?

Exactly Eaves and Miller could have left and I would have been fine with it. Eaves is the better of the 2 but he does nothing some of these other guys out in FA can't do. We should have signed Rupp the guy didnt even get 5 minutes of ice time hardly and he can still produce and do the dirty work. Holland stated that he is done up front so that pretty much leaves us with Commodore to do the dirty work which I like the signing but now we have 7 d-men. White was a good pick money wise and he should replace Rafalski pretty well.

Emmerton probably would only be 3rd/4th line guy so dont know all the hype on losing him, but we didnt want to give up ritola either and he hit the road so who knows. I just wish we could of at least signed Mayers the guy can play a shift block shots and stick up for team mates. Konopka or Janssen was who I really wanted to see come here but the looks to be just another dream.

Bottom line there was no need in signing Miller we could have got a grinder cheaper and that would drop the gloves. I was really hoping that Miller and Eaves were gone and we had some room to work with but I guess that is shot to hell.

Anthony19 07-05-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwnger1371 (Post 2293215)
but we didnt want to give up ritola either and he hit the road so who knows.

I actually was going to mention that but forgot. They didn't want to get rid of that bum either and look what happened. Yzerman claimed him, played some games in the NHL and sucked, and still went to the minors.

So here is what the team is looking like:

Forwards
Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Bertuzzi-Filppula-Franzen
Hudler-Helm-Cleary
Miller-Abdelkader-Eaves

Extras: Emmerton, Mursak

Defenseman
Lidstrom-Ericsson
Stuart-Kronwall
Commodore-White

Extras: Kindl, Smith (slated for minors), Janik (slated for minors)

Goalies
Osgood

So obviously they need another keeper. They have been trying to trade Hudler's worthless ass and have been contacted by teams trying to dump a goalie. Now we said above Emmerton won't amount to much so I can see him going in a deal with Hudler.

From what I have seen of Mursak if he could spend another year in the minors he could be real good in the NHL in the next few years. He has excellent hands, and is a great skater.

I honestly think Kindl blows. He is a -65 already and he's only been pro for 5 years. From what I have seen of him he is not that great defensively, offensively, and doesn't play physical. Not sure why they have high hopes for this kid.

Heres my fight prediction breakdown:
Commodore 5
Abdelkader 4
Ericsson 4
Bertuzzi 2

And we might be able to squeeze one out of:
White 1
Stuart 1
Miller 1
Eaves 1
Smith 1 (He is expected to play sometime during the season)

So I am going with a prediction of 20 total fights. Thats up 7 from the pathetic 13 they had last year.

detroit4life 07-08-2011 12:17 AM

Ok, before I wet myself, someone enlighten me, did Detroit seriously just sign Garnet freakin Exelby? Be still my heart.

That makes it Kronwall, Stuart, Commodore, Ericsson, White and Exelby as our choices for defencemen. Lol wow. Lidstrom is our only (regular) softie and he will be retired by next year. :D

Viper207 07-30-2011 06:08 PM

Good article on the Grind Line(s) here.

I like this little quote from McCarty:
Quote:

“You'd hop into a pile and there'd be pushing and shoving, I'd come in grab somebody or step in the way and the guy would say, 'I'm going to (bleeping) kill Draper, Maltby is such a (expletive),” McCarty recalled. “I'd say, ‘I can't agree with you more, but you're not going to touch them now. You’ve got to deal with me. Joey was always the best because he'd come in and grab three at the same time, like little kids and say, ‘What are you guys doing?’ That made us that much tougher to play against.”

The line worked hard, played with passion and was willing to sacrifice to get the job done.

“We took so much pride in shutting down the other team's top line and chipping in ourselves,” McCarty said. “Scotty showed tons of confidence, made us the players we are. The camaraderie and chemistry was there from Day 1, we were all really tight."
Is it too much to ask the front office to read that first part 10 or 20 times?

Wolf Tickets 08-01-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drwdan19 (Post 2292378)

I'm probably dreaming, but send Hudler to the Rangers for Brandon Prust.

downeyfan20 08-09-2011 09:06 PM

The need of an enforcer

Hey all, new to the forum but I'm digging this a lot...who thinks that Commodore may end up filling in more as an enforcer than a defenseman....as nice as this would be, I'm worried that we're already going to be suffering on D with no phenomenal signings, and if he's in the box all the time I feel like we're going to have some trouble...thought??

BritishRedWing 08-13-2011 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downeyfan20 (Post 2306907)
Hey all, new to the forum but I'm digging this a lot...who thinks that Commodore may end up filling in more as an enforcer than a defenseman....as nice as this would be, I'm worried that we're already going to be suffering on D with no phenomenal signings, and if he's in the box all the time I feel like we're going to have some trouble...thought??

Welcome!
I really hope there is no expectation of using Commodore as an actual enforcer. Not saying he's not tough and all, but he is not now nor was he ever an enforcer. He is injury prone as well.
Having said that, if he stays healthy, he probably will fight 8-10 times this year, seeing as noone else has a taste for it on the current roster.

I agree about the lack of D. Maybe by some act of God, Holland can con some sucker into taking Hudler in a trade for...at this point, almost anyone!

BritishRedWing 08-13-2011 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf Tickets (Post 2304163)
I'm probably dreaming, but send Hudler to the Rangers for Brandon Prust.

You are dreaming, but what a wonderful dream!
Can you imagine having Prust on the roster?

Viper207 09-14-2011 08:10 AM

It looks like the top defensive pairing will be Lidstrom/White... I like it.

It gives us another solid shot and a little extra grit out there if anyone wants to make a statement on the captain (not that it happens much, being one of the most respected guys in the NHL, but still.. White could hang with an Ott type if need be)

It certainly mixes up the other two pairings. Stewart/Kronwall at 3/4, and Ericsson/one of three guys at 6/7/8? Ericsson's got to earn top 4 playing time, even though he's getting paid top 4 money, and needs consistency and increased physicality - perhaps a pairing with Commodore to start off might be a great help in that department. Ericsson/Smith could be a solid pairing as well, as it's about time we see what the kid can do at full-speed.

Kindl? Bah. Trade 'im, fukc 'im, he's never impressed me.

drwdan19 09-18-2011 11:37 AM

Does Mitchell Callahan have a chance in hell of making the team?