#451 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Jack Schitt's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
I love how a thread named "who's the toughest team", which is a completely opinion based question and hypothetical to boot, people act like there is some kind of fact involved.

This isn't math. It's pure speculation. It's all opinion.

This entire thread is hypothetical
I will grant you that since it is after all a fight... anything can happen. Nothing is concrete... that's kind of a given to most people I would think.

That being said - not everything is hypothetical simply because these teams HAVE played against each other and many other teams thusfar this season. Those games and fights/non-fights/challenges/hits/cheapshots etc actually occured. There is nothing hypothetical about that.

The Bruins have NOT been the physically dominating team they were over the past couple of seasons. That is FACT. That is NOT HYPOTHETICAL. If you want to bring "math" into it... look at the numbers. They are NOT HYPOTHETICAL.

What IS hypothetical are make believe line brawls and matchups, or what may or may not occur if tehy make the playoffs.

Get it?
__________________
_____________________________________________
I don't argue, I just explain why you're wrong.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jack Schitt For This Useful Post:
Muffin_Cakes (02-21-2013), pesadillamal (02-21-2013), slashtrey (02-21-2013)
Advertisement
  #452 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 02:24 PM
ThrowdownSJ408's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,430
1. No more Hypo's
2. Pretty much only Bruins fans besides a very select few thing Bruins are toughest
3. Leafs are toughest, going by play, facts.
4. Bruins arnt soft what so ever so dont take offense B's
5. B's enforcer is concussed due to losing.....how does thatm ake you the toughest
6. Taking away the whole 4th line thing was a waste of time. Shoot if you did that people might actually think the Sharks were tough.
7. We judge toughest team by the way they play, go back and look at all the awards on this site, you dont get the award just because of who you have on paper and your rep. its based off of play. The Ducks have had that award a few times and wont even be considered this year.
__________________
SF Giants 2010 World Champs!
  #453 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 04:51 PM
yohan's Avatar
Super All-Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: south FL
Posts: 1,611
Is it bostons fault their best fighters are their best players? I take Thornton, lucic ,chara, mcqaid , macdermid (I see him playing good minutes soon) ,horton over torontos toughness all day every day. Not considering playoffs, brown, orr,mclaren would not all be dressed in the playoffs. I still think bostons top 4 match up well with torontos only 4. After that depth heavily favors Boston.
__________________
Ole that B*tches

Last edited by yohan; 02-21-2013 at 04:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to yohan For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (02-21-2013)
  #454 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 05:44 PM
ThrowdownSJ408's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan View Post
Is it bostons fault their best fighters are their best players? I take Thornton, lucic ,chara, mcqaid , macdermid (I see him playing good minutes soon) ,horton over torontos toughness all day every day. Not considering playoffs, brown, orr,mclaren would not all be dressed in the playoffs. I still think bostons top 4 match up well with torontos only 4. After that depth heavily favors Boston.
TOUGHNESS IS TOUGHNESS. Are we really going to go there? Is this a thread about team toughness who arnt 4 liners? Or maybe team toughness of skilled players? NO IT IS NOT! I do agree with you that Bruins tough guys can play. Thorton gets points, McQuid is D, Chara elite D man, Lucic amazing power forward. Still this is about toughness dressed as well as how their toughness plays and preforms.
__________________
SF Giants 2010 World Champs!
  #455 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:14 PM
slashtrey's Avatar
Super All-Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LI, New York
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan View Post
Is it bostons fault their best fighters are their best players? I take Thornton, lucic ,chara, mcqaid , macdermid (I see him playing good minutes soon) ,horton over torontos toughness all day every day. Not considering playoffs, brown, orr,mclaren would not all be dressed in the playoffs. I still think bostons top 4 match up well with torontos only 4. After that depth heavily favors Boston.
Seriously? I'll give you Chara and even Lucic but are you kidding with the rest of those guys?
__________________
2013 NHL Guess the Fight Champion

I told the players on the ice, dont mess with me, because if you do, I wont warn you, Ill just start swinging." - Donald Brashear
  #456 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:23 PM
brawls16's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,496
How many posters does it take to say the opposite than Cookie Monster, that he finally gets it? Even with Orr out tonight, lets see what the Leafs do to Buffalo...who are also playing tougher than the Bruins.
__________________
Game over. NHL<AHL
  #457 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:38 PM
yohan's Avatar
Super All-Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: south FL
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashtrey View Post
Seriously? I'll give you Chara and even Lucic but are you kidding with the rest of those guys?
Thornton has never lost to orr....
__________________
Ole that B*tches
The Following User Says Thank You to yohan For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (02-21-2013)
  #458 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by brawls16 View Post
How many posters does it take to say the opposite than Cookie Monster, that he finally gets it? Even with Orr out tonight, lets see what the Leafs do to Buffalo...who are also playing tougher than the Bruins.
You're like a broken record. What is this pathetic need to have people agree with you?

It's called an opinion, last time I checked, I'm entitled to one. Get over it.....

God, aka Barrack Obama could be wearing a Orr is #1 t-shirt, it still would just be an opinion.

More people agree with you than me. Congrats! It still doesn't make it a fact, it makes it popular opinion.

Last edited by cookie monster; 02-21-2013 at 06:52 PM.
  #459 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 06:55 PM
slashtrey's Avatar
Super All-Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LI, New York
Posts: 1,904
Quote:
Originally Posted by yohan View Post
Thornton has never lost to orr....
Go back to my post and see what was bolded. You called Thornton one of Boston's best players. I said nothing about fighting ability.
__________________
2013 NHL Guess the Fight Champion

I told the players on the ice, dont mess with me, because if you do, I wont warn you, Ill just start swinging." - Donald Brashear
  #460 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 07:02 PM
pesadillamal's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,089
This Orr injury could bring the Leafs back down to the pack. The team is playing like they are ten feet tall when he is in there. Not so sure things will be the same without him.
__________________
Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock. - Mayor Vaugn
The Following User Says Thank You to pesadillamal For This Useful Post:
Broons66 (02-21-2013)
  #461 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 07:30 PM
tomnuetten's Avatar
Super All-Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Freiburg (germany)
Posts: 1,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Schitt View Post
The Bruins have NOT been the physically dominating team they were over the past couple of seasons. That is FACT. That is NOT HYPOTHETICAL. If you want to bring "math" into it... look at the numbers. They are NOT HYPOTHETICAL.

What IS hypothetical are make believe line brawls and matchups, or what may or may not occur if tehy make the playoffs.
youre right... I think the leafs are the toughest team at the moment, because they play that way...

its a farce that some bruins hater call out bruins fans because they talk about the hypothetical matchups while (in the same post) they say fraser can handle all bruins players (hypothetical and bs)...

sadly,there are hypocrites and trolls on both sides (bruins hater and bruins fans)
__________________
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein


"Religion is the opium of the people" - Karl Marx
  #462 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:01 PM
brawls16's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
You're like a broken record. What is this pathetic need to have people agree with you?

It's called an opinion, last time I checked, I'm entitled to one. Get over it.....

God, aka Barrack Obama could be wearing a Orr is #1 t-shirt, it still would just be an opinion.

More people agree with you than me. Congrats! It still doesn't make it a fact, it makes it popular opinion.
Just saying, you're on your own here in this thread....and there's a reason why. Go ahead and have your own opinion, but there's such thing as the wrong opinion.

.....and sure, name drop Oprah while you're at it.How about Kurt Russell and Carrot Top too!
__________________
Game over. NHL<AHL
  #463 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by brawls16 View Post
Just saying, you're on your own here in this thread....and there's a reason why. Go ahead and have your own opinion, but there's such thing as the wrong opinion.

.....and sure, name drop Oprah while you're at it.How about Kurt Russell and Carrot Top too!
No, there is absolutely no such thing is a "wrong opinion". Read a book.

No, I have seen a few other people that share my opinion. Not as many as share yours, but I'm far from alone.

Are you ever right about anything?
  #464 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 10:12 PM
rbl2010's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by brawls16 View Post
How many posters does it take to say the opposite than Cookie Monster, that he finally gets it? Even with Orr out tonight, lets see what the Leafs do to Buffalo...who are also playing tougher than the Bruins.
Please note Brawls prophecy was pre-game. Leafs dominate, again.
  #465 (permalink)  
Old 02-21-2013, 10:25 PM
rbl2010's Avatar
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
Who's got most points is a fact. Who's in first place a fact. Why? Because you can't debate that. It's math and can be clearly proven on Nhl.com.

There is no official stat that says "toughest team". It's just opinion. It's open to subjection, opinion and hypotheticals.

Why can't you understand this?

To say one guy team or guy is "tougher" is opinion.

Ask "who's the best defenceman of all time"? You'll get different answers. Some may say Orr, some may say Potvin, some may say Robinson, some may Bourque. There is no correct answer.


I get what you're saying, my opinion isn't in the majority and that's fine. You have and I have mine.

Start a poll and I guarantee not one team will get 100%. That doesn't mean anyone's wrong.

This isn't 2+2= Toronto's the toughest. It's an opinion based question.

And to answer your question, I'm not positive, but I think the last fight the Bruins won was McDermid dropping Fraser which means absolutely nothing.

I wish I could go to sleep and dream you understand the difference between fact and opinion, that's the only "dream sequence" I see here.


Asking "what if" to an opinion based, hypothetical question is the only way to answer if you're not delusional.
OK - I am very reluctant to wade into this due to time constraints on rebuttals; however, 2+2 does equal 4. And here's here's some irrefutable math for you CM... Today is February 21, 2013and as of this minute, the Toronto Maple Leafs lead the league in both hits and fights. Perhaps not as conclusive as you would like, but it works for me. No need to send a 6 paragraph reply because I really don't care for any hypothesis. From what I've seen, that is my opinion.

Last edited by rbl2010; 02-21-2013 at 10:26 PM. Reason: y
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.