Old 02-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
Lol....now you're just being a douche.
How's that? You said take away the Leafs 4th line and they're soft. They would still have Colton Orr, who can beat any Bruin, along with Mark Fraser who can handle them all too.

What's 'douche' about that exactly?
Gazdic vs Scott - Dec. 18th
Peluso vs Scott - Jan.5th
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawls16 View Post
How's that? You said take away the Leafs 4th line and they're soft. They would still have Colton Orr, who can beat any Bruin, along with Mark Fraser who can handle them all too.

What's 'douche' about that exactly?
Because for 99.9% of Colton Orrs career, he's been on the fourth line. To claim he's all of a sudden a third line player because of one game is being a douche.

I think you've got a serious case of Bruinitis when it comes to this subject.

Marc Fraser can "handle" Milan Lucic, Shawn Thornton, Adam McQuaid and Zdeno Chara, but not Lane McDermid?

I don't know why your getting so butthurt over this. I said the Leafs fourth line of Fraser,Orr and Brown is the toughest line in the league by far and can beat anyone else's fourth line. But after your left with what? Fraser, who got dropped by McDermid?

The Leafs have the toughest player imo in Orr and the toughest fourth line the NHL has seen in many years. But the Bruins have more players overall that can handle themselves.

Keep being upset if you. I'm not not knocking the Leafs at all, In just saying in reality after the top 3, and possibly 4 with Fraser, the drop off in toughness in quite steep.

Sorry if that upsets you. It's just my opinion and it really shouldn't matter to you if I disagree. It's just an opinion. You think differently. Cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to cookie monster For This Useful Post:
tflyer (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
So far this year the Leafs are playing tougher hockey than the Bruins. B's fans gotta stop with the hypothetical's. On paper means nothing. Comparing team play straight up SO FAR this year and the Leafs are hands down winners.
Never mind hypothetical situations, the only game these two have played there was a crap fight and then MacDermid dropped Fraser. Take it for what it's worth, we'll see what happens in their next match up.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Because for 99.9% of Colton Orrs career, he's been on the fourth line. To claim he's all of a sudden a third line player because of one game is being a douche.
It's been more than 1 game. But we all know how you feel about facts. Let's instead talk about hypothetical line brawls, lol!

Here's more facts for you to injest....

In the last 6 games, Boston has 1 fight which was Campbell vs Kaleta, where Patrick put a licking on Greg.

In the Leafs previous 6 games, they have 10 fights.

Ya, the Bruins are a tougher team. You win.

Last edited by brawls16; 02-20-2013 at 04:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to brawls16 For This Useful Post:
tflyer (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
It's been more than 1 game. But we all know how you feel about facts. Let's instead talk about hypothetical line brawls, lol!

In the last 6 games, Boston has 1 fight which was Campbell vs Kaleta, where Patrick put a licking on Greg.

So because guys don't fight on your imaginary timetable, they lose toughness?

How exactly do I feel about facts? If you show some that matter, we can discuss them.

But, no please. You win. By all mean I concede because it obviously means allot to you.

Orr is tougher than all the Bruins so they're the toughest team and the last six games mean the Bruins forgot how to fight. Makes perfect sense. I agree, well played.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
So because guys don't fight on your imaginary timetable, they lose toughness?

How exactly do I feel about facts? If you show some that matter, we can discuss them.

But, no please. You win. By all mean I concede because it obviously means allot to you.

Orr is tougher than all the Bruins so they're the toughest team and the last six games mean the Bruins forgot how to fight. Makes perfect sense. I agree, well played.
Pretty sure facts matter, that I've shown, while your hypothetical nonsence doesn't. It's not an imaginary timetable, it's what happened. You know, in real life?

Deal with it.

Last edited by brawls16; 02-20-2013 at 06:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to brawls16 For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Shawn Thornton has done fine against Orr in the past, Thornton doesn't ever dominate people but he rarely gets dominated either. McLaren would most likely lose to Lucic at this point, maybe manage a draw. Brown vs McQuaid would probably be a close fight. Chara/MacDermid would most likely get the better of Fraser. Phaneuf and Campbell are both pretty awful.

This is coming from someone who is no fan of the Bruins (due to their sh*t homer troll fanbase)...all this talk about facts over hypotheticals makes me want to go and look up the last game between these two teams to see what happened...

Brashear beat your favorite fighter. Undisputed top 5 all time.
The Following User Says Thank You to RetardedChimp For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetardedChimp View Post
Shawn Thornton has done fine against Orr in the past, Thornton doesn't ever dominate people but he rarely gets dominated either. McLaren would most likely lose to Lucic at this point, maybe manage a draw. Brown vs McQuaid would probably be a close fight. Chara/MacDermid would most likely get the better of Fraser. Phaneuf and Campbell are both pretty awful.

This is coming from someone who is no fan of the Bruins (due to their sh*t homer troll fanbase)...all this talk about facts over hypotheticals makes me want to go and look up the last game between these two teams to see what happened...
I feel exactly the same about the Flyers fanbase. That being said, that's probably the most likely scenario.

This is all we have between these two teams so far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcgT3zXCR2w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoivQn74t78
Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Garden View Post
I feel exactly the same about the Flyers fanbase. That being said, that's probably the most likely scenario.

This is all we have between these two teams so far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcgT3zXCR2w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoivQn74t78
First of all Lucic, Chara and McQuiad, i think played in that game, (didn't notice they were there) could have looked for Orr or McLaren.
Thornton may have made a diffrence but don't think he's ever fought McLaren
and he's never beaten Orr.

I know wait till next game.

Second - Toronto leads in hits and fights with the Flyers not far behind but still ahead of Boston, so keep on dreaming.

Look those up for me

Boston was once the toughest team (please no BS or excuse's)

But please never compare Flyer fans to Bruin fans..

That being said i think i'll stay Homer i mean home and watch the game

IN A FIGHT IT ONLY TAKE ONE LUCKY PUNCH, ANY ONE COULD WIN OR LOSE

Last edited by tflyer; 02-20-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tflyer View Post
First of all Lucic, Chara and McQuiad, i think played in that game, (didn't notice they were there) could have looked for Orr or McLaren.
Thornton may have made a diffrence but don't think he's ever fought McLaren
and he's never beaten Orr.

I know wait till next game.

Second - Toronto leads in hits and fights with the Flyers not far behind but still ahead of Boston, so keep on dreaming.

Look those up for me

Boston was once the toughest team (please no BS or excuse's)

But please never compare Flyer fans to Bruin fans..

That being said i think i'll stay Homer i mean home and watch the game

IN A FIGHT IT ONLY TAKE ONE LUCKY PUNCH, ANY ONE COULD WIN OR LOSE
All of the Thornton vs Orr fights have been draws so neither one has beaten each other.

I don't think even the biggest Flyers homer would suggest that they are tougher than the Bruins.

I wasn't making a comparison with Flyers fans and Bruins fans, RC hates Bruins fans and I hate Flyers fans. Okay?

I applaud you for staying home, don't give the NHL any undeserved money.

I also agree some fights can be fluky.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

You seem to think fighting more means that you're tougher. Honestly, that could be like someone saying Kostopolous was tougher than a guy like Clowe because he drops them more often.

If the playoffs rolled around how many of those Leafs are in the lineup? The Bruins will dress them all, and the Leafs will fall. Regular season? Sure, they are tough. But I still dont think anyone has the same toughness the Bruins have when you go line to line to line through the lineup.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Minor Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker_316 View Post
You seem to think fighting more means that you're tougher. Honestly, that could be like someone saying Kostopolous was tougher than a guy like Clowe because he drops them more often.

If the playoffs rolled around how many of those Leafs are in the lineup? The Bruins will dress them all, and the Leafs will fall. Regular season? Sure, they are tough. But I still dont think anyone has the same toughness the Bruins have when you go line to line to line through the lineup.
Agree 100% with everything here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick_Fotiu For This Useful Post:
Broons66 (02-20-2013), cookie monster (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker_316 View Post

More hypothetical "what ifs" and names on paper reasoning. The fact is that the leafs are playing a similar style to what the Bruins did that got them their reputation in the first place. The Bruins are not. If you think that somehow they are going to unleash the beast in the playoffs, I don't know what to tell you other than to look at playoffs over the last decade and reconsider.

It's really pretty simple, when dealing with actual events that have occurred, and even factoring in card/win/ loss etc.... the Leafs top the Bruins without a doubt.
cookie monster (02-20-2013), pesadillamal (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetardedChimp View Post

The hypothetical match ups are fun and all but they don't mean much of anything once the season is going on.

If you think checking the last game Toronto played Boston decides who the toughest team is then you have quite a quandary on your hands. Facts? Boston is tougher than Toronto because MacDermid beat Fraser once out of two fights. But Buffalo is 2-0 with a severe TKO against Boston so they have to be tougher than Boston. But Orr TKO'd the guy that TKO'd a Bruin and the Leafs have a better fight record against Buffalo so they have to be tougher than Buffalo.

It gets pretty silly when we start ranking teams based on one fight. The fact that MacDermid beat Fraser doesn't trump what Toronto has done so far this season. They are ahead with ease for now. That could all change as soon as tomorrow if Scott KO's Orr but this is a no contest as of now. I would hope the kind of game a team plays on the ice is part of everybody's criteria for judging this sacred title.
Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock. - Mayor Vaugn
Old 02-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Hall of Famer

I do that it's pretty cool that the Leafs already have more than half of last year's fight total.

20 already vs 35 last year
Closed Thread