#406 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 02:27 PM
brawls16's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
Lol....now you're just being a douche.
How's that? You said take away the Leafs 4th line and they're soft. They would still have Colton Orr, who can beat any Bruin, along with Mark Fraser who can handle them all too.

What's 'douche' about that exactly?
__________________
McGrattan vs Gazdic - Dec.27th & 31st
McGrattan vs Thornton - Jan.9th
McGrattan vs Scott - Jan.17th
Gazdic vs Scott - Dec. 18th
Peluso vs Scott - Jan.5th
Advertisement
  #407 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by brawls16 View Post
How's that? You said take away the Leafs 4th line and they're soft. They would still have Colton Orr, who can beat any Bruin, along with Mark Fraser who can handle them all too.

What's 'douche' about that exactly?
Because for 99.9% of Colton Orrs career, he's been on the fourth line. To claim he's all of a sudden a third line player because of one game is being a douche.


I think you've got a serious case of Bruinitis when it comes to this subject.

Marc Fraser can "handle" Milan Lucic, Shawn Thornton, Adam McQuaid and Zdeno Chara, but not Lane McDermid?

I don't know why your getting so butthurt over this. I said the Leafs fourth line of Fraser,Orr and Brown is the toughest line in the league by far and can beat anyone else's fourth line. But after your left with what? Fraser, who got dropped by McDermid?

The Leafs have the toughest player imo in Orr and the toughest fourth line the NHL has seen in many years. But the Bruins have more players overall that can handle themselves.

Keep being upset if you. I'm not not knocking the Leafs at all, In just saying in reality after the top 3, and possibly 4 with Fraser, the drop off in toughness in quite steep.

Sorry if that upsets you. It's just my opinion and it really shouldn't matter to you if I disagree. It's just an opinion. You think differently. Cool.
The Following User Says Thank You to cookie monster For This Useful Post:
tflyer (02-20-2013)
  #408 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Boston Garden's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
So far this year the Leafs are playing tougher hockey than the Bruins. B's fans gotta stop with the hypothetical's. On paper means nothing. Comparing team play straight up SO FAR this year and the Leafs are hands down winners.
Never mind hypothetical situations, the only game these two have played there was a crap fight and then MacDermid dropped Fraser. Take it for what it's worth, we'll see what happens in their next match up.
  #409 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 04:34 PM
brawls16's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
Because for 99.9% of Colton Orrs career, he's been on the fourth line. To claim he's all of a sudden a third line player because of one game is being a douche.
It's been more than 1 game. But we all know how you feel about facts. Let's instead talk about hypothetical line brawls, lol!

Here's more facts for you to injest....

In the last 6 games, Boston has 1 fight which was Campbell vs Kaleta, where Patrick put a licking on Greg.

In the Leafs previous 6 games, they have 10 fights.

Ya, the Bruins are a tougher team. You win.
__________________
McGrattan vs Gazdic - Dec.27th & 31st
McGrattan vs Thornton - Jan.9th
McGrattan vs Scott - Jan.17th
Gazdic vs Scott - Dec. 18th
Peluso vs Scott - Jan.5th

Last edited by brawls16; 02-20-2013 at 04:39 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to brawls16 For This Useful Post:
tflyer (02-20-2013)
  #410 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 04:50 PM
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by brawls16 View Post
It's been more than 1 game. But we all know how you feel about facts. Let's instead talk about hypothetical line brawls, lol!

Here's more facts for you to injest....

In the last 6 games, Boston has 1 fight which was Campbell vs Kaleta, where Patrick put a licking on Greg.

In the Leafs previous 6 games, they have 10 fights.

Ya, the Bruins are a tougher team. You win.
So because guys don't fight on your imaginary timetable, they lose toughness?

How exactly do I feel about facts? If you show some that matter, we can discuss them.

But, no please. You win. By all mean I concede because it obviously means allot to you.

Orr is tougher than all the Bruins so they're the toughest team and the last six games mean the Bruins forgot how to fight. Makes perfect sense. I agree, well played.
  #411 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 06:04 PM
brawls16's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
So because guys don't fight on your imaginary timetable, they lose toughness?

How exactly do I feel about facts? If you show some that matter, we can discuss them.

But, no please. You win. By all mean I concede because it obviously means allot to you.

Orr is tougher than all the Bruins so they're the toughest team and the last six games mean the Bruins forgot how to fight. Makes perfect sense. I agree, well played.
Pretty sure facts matter, that I've shown, while your hypothetical nonsence doesn't. It's not an imaginary timetable, it's what happened. You know, in real life?

Deal with it.
__________________
McGrattan vs Gazdic - Dec.27th & 31st
McGrattan vs Thornton - Jan.9th
McGrattan vs Scott - Jan.17th
Gazdic vs Scott - Dec. 18th
Peluso vs Scott - Jan.5th

Last edited by brawls16; 02-20-2013 at 06:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to brawls16 For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (02-20-2013)
  #412 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 06:27 PM
RetardedChimp's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: VA
Posts: 17,243
Shawn Thornton has done fine against Orr in the past, Thornton doesn't ever dominate people but he rarely gets dominated either. McLaren would most likely lose to Lucic at this point, maybe manage a draw. Brown vs McQuaid would probably be a close fight. Chara/MacDermid would most likely get the better of Fraser. Phaneuf and Campbell are both pretty awful.

This is coming from someone who is no fan of the Bruins (due to their sh*t homer troll fanbase)...all this talk about facts over hypotheticals makes me want to go and look up the last game between these two teams to see what happened...
__________________
The above post may contain sarcasm.

Brashear beat your favorite fighter. Undisputed top 5 all time.
The Following User Says Thank You to RetardedChimp For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (02-20-2013)
  #413 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Boston Garden's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetardedChimp View Post
Shawn Thornton has done fine against Orr in the past, Thornton doesn't ever dominate people but he rarely gets dominated either. McLaren would most likely lose to Lucic at this point, maybe manage a draw. Brown vs McQuaid would probably be a close fight. Chara/MacDermid would most likely get the better of Fraser. Phaneuf and Campbell are both pretty awful.

This is coming from someone who is no fan of the Bruins (due to their sh*t homer troll fanbase)...all this talk about facts over hypotheticals makes me want to go and look up the last game between these two teams to see what happened...
I feel exactly the same about the Flyers fanbase. That being said, that's probably the most likely scenario.

This is all we have between these two teams so far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcgT3zXCR2w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoivQn74t78
  #414 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Garden View Post
I feel exactly the same about the Flyers fanbase. That being said, that's probably the most likely scenario.

This is all we have between these two teams so far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcgT3zXCR2w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoivQn74t78
First of all Lucic, Chara and McQuiad, i think played in that game, (didn't notice they were there) could have looked for Orr or McLaren.
Thornton may have made a diffrence but don't think he's ever fought McLaren
and he's never beaten Orr.

I know wait till next game.

Second - Toronto leads in hits and fights with the Flyers not far behind but still ahead of Boston, so keep on dreaming.

Look those up for me

Boston was once the toughest team (please no BS or excuse's)

But please never compare Flyer fans to Bruin fans..

That being said i think i'll stay Homer i mean home and watch the game



IN A FIGHT IT ONLY TAKE ONE LUCKY PUNCH, ANY ONE COULD WIN OR LOSE

Last edited by tflyer; 02-20-2013 at 07:47 PM.
  #415 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Boston Garden's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by tflyer View Post
First of all Lucic, Chara and McQuiad, i think played in that game, (didn't notice they were there) could have looked for Orr or McLaren.
Thornton may have made a diffrence but don't think he's ever fought McLaren
and he's never beaten Orr.

I know wait till next game.

Second - Toronto leads in hits and fights with the Flyers not far behind but still ahead of Boston, so keep on dreaming.

Look those up for me

Boston was once the toughest team (please no BS or excuse's)

But please never compare Flyer fans to Bruin fans..

That being said i think i'll stay Homer i mean home and watch the game



IN A FIGHT IT ONLY TAKE ONE LUCKY PUNCH, ANY ONE COULD WIN OR LOSE
All of the Thornton vs Orr fights have been draws so neither one has beaten each other.

I don't think even the biggest Flyers homer would suggest that they are tougher than the Bruins.

I wasn't making a comparison with Flyers fans and Bruins fans, RC hates Bruins fans and I hate Flyers fans. Okay?

I applaud you for staying home, don't give the NHL any undeserved money.

I also agree some fights can be fluky.
  #416 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Tucker_316's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by brawls16 View Post
It's been more than 1 game. But we all know how you feel about facts. Let's instead talk about hypothetical line brawls, lol!

Here's more facts for you to injest....

In the last 6 games, Boston has 1 fight which was Campbell vs Kaleta, where Patrick put a licking on Greg.

In the Leafs previous 6 games, they have 10 fights.

Ya, the Bruins are a tougher team. You win.
You seem to think fighting more means that you're tougher. Honestly, that could be like someone saying Kostopolous was tougher than a guy like Clowe because he drops them more often.

If the playoffs rolled around how many of those Leafs are in the lineup? The Bruins will dress them all, and the Leafs will fall. Regular season? Sure, they are tough. But I still dont think anyone has the same toughness the Bruins have when you go line to line to line through the lineup.
  #417 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Minor Leaguer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker_316 View Post
You seem to think fighting more means that you're tougher. Honestly, that could be like someone saying Kostopolous was tougher than a guy like Clowe because he drops them more often.

If the playoffs rolled around how many of those Leafs are in the lineup? The Bruins will dress them all, and the Leafs will fall. Regular season? Sure, they are tough. But I still dont think anyone has the same toughness the Bruins have when you go line to line to line through the lineup.
Agree 100% with everything here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick_Fotiu For This Useful Post:
Broons66 (02-20-2013), cookie monster (02-20-2013)
  #418 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Jack Schitt's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker_316 View Post
You seem to think fighting more means that you're tougher. Honestly, that could be like someone saying Kostopolous was tougher than a guy like Clowe because he drops them more often.

If the playoffs rolled around how many of those Leafs are in the lineup? The Bruins will dress them all, and the Leafs will fall. Regular season? Sure, they are tough. But I still dont think anyone has the same toughness the Bruins have when you go line to line to line through the lineup.
More hypothetical "what ifs" and names on paper reasoning. The fact is that the leafs are playing a similar style to what the Bruins did that got them their reputation in the first place. The Bruins are not. If you think that somehow they are going to unleash the beast in the playoffs, I don't know what to tell you other than to look at playoffs over the last decade and reconsider.

It's really pretty simple, when dealing with actual events that have occurred, and even factoring in card/win/ loss etc.... the Leafs top the Bruins without a doubt.
__________________
_____________________________________________
I don't argue, I just explain why you're wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack Schitt For This Useful Post:
cookie monster (02-20-2013), pesadillamal (02-20-2013)
  #419 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:51 PM
pesadillamal's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetardedChimp View Post
Shawn Thornton has done fine against Orr in the past, Thornton doesn't ever dominate people but he rarely gets dominated either. McLaren would most likely lose to Lucic at this point, maybe manage a draw. Brown vs McQuaid would probably be a close fight. Chara/MacDermid would most likely get the better of Fraser. Phaneuf and Campbell are both pretty awful.

This is coming from someone who is no fan of the Bruins (due to their sh*t homer troll fanbase)...all this talk about facts over hypotheticals makes me want to go and look up the last game between these two teams to see what happened...
The hypothetical match ups are fun and all but they don't mean much of anything once the season is going on.

If you think checking the last game Toronto played Boston decides who the toughest team is then you have quite a quandary on your hands. Facts? Boston is tougher than Toronto because MacDermid beat Fraser once out of two fights. But Buffalo is 2-0 with a severe TKO against Boston so they have to be tougher than Boston. But Orr TKO'd the guy that TKO'd a Bruin and the Leafs have a better fight record against Buffalo so they have to be tougher than Buffalo.

It gets pretty silly when we start ranking teams based on one fight. The fact that MacDermid beat Fraser doesn't trump what Toronto has done so far this season. They are ahead with ease for now. That could all change as soon as tomorrow if Scott KO's Orr but this is a no contest as of now. I would hope the kind of game a team plays on the ice is part of everybody's criteria for judging this sacred title.
__________________
Fellows, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on a fish... And I'm not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Kintner boy spill out all over the dock. - Mayor Vaugn
  #420 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,722
I do that it's pretty cool that the Leafs already have more than half of last year's fight total.

20 already vs 35 last year
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 PM.