Old 03-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Pro

Gratts has also done a lot better against Brash, Godard, McIntyre than Orr has.

Neither Gratts nor Orr can be argued as "outright" champ.

I will say this: with the way Bords, Gratts and Orr fight, their open styles could be rotating a few losses between the three as well. Orr has the most power out of the three but arguably the weakest chin as well, a fight series between the three could be a crapshoot and I look for Orr to continue to get beat by the odd lesser-knowns that can fight a good technical style like a Godard, Brash, Neil (when he grapples) or a Langdon.

There can be no champ this year, that's like awarding a Stanley Cup to one conference winner over the other without the teams facing off.
The Following User Says Thank You to manonrheaume69 For This Useful Post:
mmafan (03-28-2013)
Advertisement
Old 03-28-2013, 05:11 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondo View Post
is it his fault no one besides bordeleau and sesito are the only two who have accepted his challenges! No ones messed with a flame when he's in! So he can't just beat up someone and cost his team.

Quit dodging the issue what could McGrattan do to Bordy and westgarth that Orr couldn't ?

I WANT THE TRUTH
Force the issue. Enforce. Do your job.

If the Flames felt McGrattan had something to contribute except for a staged fight once a month, then he would play regularily like other Heavyweights do. (Thornton, Orr, Scott for example)

Who cares where he plays, if he's worthy of playing time he would get into the lineup. Other teams still dress their HWs against teams with none (Montreal, Rangers, Washington, Philly)

No excuses for guys is the West for not fighting. If their clubs felt like they needed them, they would play. If they played, others would follow suit. It's a domino effect that starts at the top and Calgary has one of the top guys yet choose to sit him mostly. And when he does play, it's up to him to force the issue if no one else is complying. Orr does it, no reason for McGrattan not to.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Pro

Mark my words, if Westgarth continues to develop into a solid technical fighter (ie grapple, throwing lefts, deft uppercuts, lockout and negate dominant punching arm, circle-ing to keep oponents off balance), he will move up in the rankings big time.

Shawn Thorton is another technical fighter that comes to mind but he doesn't have the size that Westgarth has.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawls16 View Post

If the Flames felt McGrattan had something to contribute except for a staged fight once a month, then he would play regularily like other Heavyweights do. (Thornton, Orr, Scott for example)

Who cares where he plays, if he's worthy of playing time he would get into the lineup. Other teams still dress their HWs against teams with none (Montreal, Rangers, Washington, Philly)

No excuses for guys is the West for not fighting. If their clubs felt like they needed them, they would play. If they played, others would follow suit. It's a domino effect that starts at the top and Calgary has one of the top guys yet choose to sit him mostly. And when he does play, it's up to him to force the issue if no one else is complying. Orr does it, no reason for McGrattan not to.
2000 posts of weaksauce, keep em coming

If Gratts was in the East he would be fighting almost every night. The two conferences are completely different, too bad the burgers are rotting your brain.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:

Ok I see you guys don't have an answer and want to tap dance around what gratts gets done and what Orr couldn't I'm done playing for now!!!

Ya that Scott sure has the skills and Thornton is ahead of Orr as Player so you lose there to.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Hall of Famer

Ray Shero is the HW champ.
RIP Derek Boogarrd
RIP Rick Rypien
RIP Wade Belak
The Following User Says Thank You to Killah_punk For This Useful Post:
sporr (03-29-2013)
Old 03-28-2013, 05:31 PM
All-Star

Eastern champ Orr, Western champ McGratten......this really isn't new news....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to montrealSUCKS For This Useful Post:
I_am_Belak_2 (03-28-2013), mmafan (03-28-2013)
Old 03-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manonrheaume69 View Post
Gratts has also done a lot better against Brash, Godard, McIntyre than Orr has.
A little more thought and knowledge into your posts would us all a favour, rookie.

First off, McGrattan has only fought Steve MacIntyre once which was a solid draw in an all out HW war.
Orr has fought MacIntyre 5 times where Orr went 3 draws and 2 defeats. Three of the fights being all out HW wars.

McGrattan fought Erc Godard 6 times and went 2 wins and 4 draws.
Orr fought Godard 8 times and went 5 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses (Both guys TKO'd each other)

And how about Derek Boogaard? The guy people had as the #1 in hockey when Brashear and Laraque were done.

Brian went 0-3 and got dropped not once, but twice!
Orr went 2-1 against the guy people were calling the champ.

Both guys didn't record a win against Laraque. Brian going a draw and a loss while Orr went a draw and 2 defeats.

But you're right about Brashear. McGrattan went 2-0 while the well documented stuggles of Orr against Donny have been spoken about on HF at great lengths as Orr went roughly 0-1-6 if not 0-7 with a TKO.

Regardless, both guys have the same results more or less against the top fighters of their time.

No doubt we need another Orr vs McGrattan fight to settle things around here. Let's hope Brian comes to the East next season, or at the very least, the Leafs and Flames play twice next season, home and home.

Last edited by brawls16; 03-28-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Mark my words, if Westgarth continues to develop into a solid technical fighter (ie grapple, throwing lefts, deft uppercuts, lockout and negate dominant punching arm, circle-ing to keep oponents off balance), he will move up in the rankings big time.

Shawn Thorton is another technical fighter that comes to mind but he doesn't have the size that Westgarth has.
You have Chara in the Top5 and Erskine in the Top10.

And now the all mighty Kevin Westgarth is going to reak havoc on the NHL?

My my....
Old 03-28-2013, 07:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
A little more thought and knowledge into your posts would us all a favour, rookie.

First off, McGrattan has only fought Steve MacIntyre once which was a solid draw in an all out HW war.
Orr has fought MacIntyre 5 times where Orr went 3 draws and 2 defeats. Three of the fights being all out HW wars.

McGrattan fought Erc Godard 6 times and went 2 wins and 4 draws.
Orr fought Godard 8 times and went 5 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses (Both guys TKO'd each other)

And how about Derek Boogaard? The guy people had as the #1 in hockey when Brashear and Laraque were done.

Brian went 0-3 and got dropped not once, but twice!
Orr went 2-1 against the guy people were calling the champ.

Both guys didn't record a win against Laraque. Brian going a draw and a loss while Orr went a draw and 2 defeats.

But you're right about Brashear. McGrattan went 2-0 while the well documented stuggles of Orr against Donny have been spoken about on HF at great lengths as Orr went roughly 0-1-6 if not 0-7 with a TKO.

Regardless, both guys have the same results more or less against the top fighters of their time.

No doubt we need another Orr vs McGrattan fight to settle things around here. Let's hope Brian comes to the East next season, or at the very least, the Leafs and Flames play twice next season, home and home.
Care to enlighten me or us when Orr scored two wins over Boogaard? If its from junior skip it.0-1-6

And what kind of glue are you sniffin ? Brashear had Orrs number and was at least 5-1-1 against Orr . Like Orr wayyyy more than brash but please throw in the towel your making yourself sound like jag off!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondo View Post
Care to enlighten me or us when Orr scored two wins over Boogaard? If its from junior skip it.0-1-6

And what kind of glue are you sniffin ? Brashear had Orrs number and was at least 5-1-1 against Orr . Like Orr wayyyy more than brash but please throw in the towel your making yourself sound like jag off!!!
What are you even talking about? 0-7 is Orr's record against Brashear, like I said.

Hate him or me all you like, but read the friggin posts first before you reply, jag off.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:07 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
What are you even talking about? 0-7 is Orr's record against Brashear, like I said.

Hate him or me all you like, but read the friggin posts first before you reply, jag off.
Ok see you made a type o in that post, no worries...it says 0-1-6..

But we're the two victories you gave Orr from junior?

McGrattan also beat macintyre... Orr lost!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 PM
Pro

Quote:

And now the all mighty Kevin Westgarth is going to reak havoc on the NHL?

My my....
this cynicism is also lol material.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Veteran

Quote:
this cynicism is also lol material.
Right. Armchair QB much? Westgarth had a great technical fight. Move along - I'm sure you've much trolling to do before your bedtime.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:28 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins29 View Post
Why do you continue to call people out for trolling? You have literally done nothing but troll since joining the site. Makes you sounds like a dumb hypocrite. Oh wait...you are one. Makes sense.
Don't lie. If I were a troll I'd be ban by now, yet here I am. I contribute to a lot of threads. Sounds to me like you call me a troll because I say things about the Bruins you don't like. My advice? Quit whining all the time. This is a site for adults. Act like one or get out. Got it?

Last edited by Muffin_Cakes; 03-28-2013 at 11:38 PM.