Old 03-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Hall of Famer

I like both Prust and Rinaldo but I got to go with Prust here.
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Veteran

Well.......when I started this thread I had all aspects of the game in mind. Mr "hockey doc" who mysteriously is missing in this post (after I told him to respond) had a lot to say about the 2. He called Prust a guy who could not beat Rinaldo in a fight and made it out like Rinaldo was an all around better player. With that said.....I hope Rinaldo finds his game and turns into a Prust type player. We need more of him in the league. Hockey Doc.....one last thing.....the only only true hockey doc goes by the last name Emerick. You should really stop posting such homer nonsense.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtocchet For This Useful Post:
bruiser11 (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Hall of Famer

For sure Prust is the better fighter and player but I love the excitement Rinaldo brings. Every time he is out on the ice you're on the edge of your seat waiting for that big hit.

Also Rinaldo is far from a bad player should be a decent third liner.

***censored***
The Following User Says Thank You to acdcrocksno1 For This Useful Post:
thekidd21 (03-21-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Hall of Famer

In my jersey collection I have 2 autographed London Knights jerseys from former players. Zac Rinaldo and Brandon Prust. I also know and have spoken with each player personally numerous times. Who would I pick out of the 2?...I have one of them on my favourite NHL team and would love to have both of them. Nuff said.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic; 03-11-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Super All-Star

Rinaldo is an agitator/fighter who hits very well, Prust is a PK guy/fighter who can play the game better all-around. Prust averages over 12 minutes of ice time per game though recently he's been getting more. Tonight 15 minutes, last game 13, before that nearly 15 again. Rinaldo averages 7:01 time on ice each game. He's fun to watch while he's on there, but he's not on there much. I'd take Prust over Rinaldo on my team.

I told the players on the ice, dont mess with me, because if you do, I wont warn you, Ill just start swinging." - Donald Brashear
The Following User Says Thank You to slashtrey For This Useful Post:
bruiser11 (03-12-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 08:21 AM
Super All-Star

Ok

Really not much to compare..Flyer fans seem to think itsclose...it is not Prust by a long shot. I like Rinaldo but I dont even think he'll be in the NHL next year so what does that say...he hits well...big whoop
The Following User Says Thank You to Plateworker For This Useful Post:
mccormick (03-12-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
Its not fair to compare Prust and Rinaldo right now. Going back and looking at Brandon Prusts rookie season he had 16 fights. According to hf.com (and seeing he didn't play for the Bruins, Rangers or Flyers the voting isn't skewed) he went 4-6-6.

Four wins in 16 fights. His second season he improved quite a bit, so give Rinaldo some time. It takes some guys a season or two to learn guys techniques and weaknesses.

Rinaldo is also quite a bit smaller than Prust too. Prust is 5'11" 200#. Rinaldo is 5'9" 175#.
That rinaldo stat is old... i met him hes about 5'11 or 6 foot now probably like 185.
cookie monster (03-12-2012), Killah_punk (03-12-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckendo83 View Post
That rinaldo stat is old... i met him hes about 5'11 or 6 foot now probably like 185.
Really? I'll take your word for it, but he looks alot smaller than most of the players on the ice. Maybe because he looks like he's 13 years old doesn't help, lol.
thekidd21 (03-21-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie monster View Post
Really? I'll take your word for it, but he looks alot smaller than most of the players on the ice. Maybe because he looks like he's 13 years old doesn't help, lol.
Yeah he is smaller then a lot of the other guys but hes not like danny briere small
cookie monster (03-14-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 07:28 PM
All-Star

Brandon Prust is definitely the better fighter and player, bare in mind Prust is six years older than Rinaldo. In six years I could very easily see Rinaldo being the better player/fighter. Rinaldo will add at least another ten pounds before he's filled out, he'll likely top out somewhere in the 190-195 range, similar to Prust.
bruiser11 (03-14-2012), BullyFan (03-12-2012), thekidd21 (03-21-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Brandon Prust is definitely the better fighter and player, bare in mind Prust is six years older than Rinaldo. In six years I could very easily see Rinaldo being the better player/fighter. Rinaldo will add at least another ten pounds before he's filled out, he'll likely top out somewhere in the 190-195 range, similar to Prust.
Exactly. Kinda retarded comparing a rookie to someone in their prime.

Rinaldo will get better at fighting, Prust wasn't that great with his gloves off when he was a rookie, and Rinaldo does have some skill.

Who knows, in 5 years Rinaldo might be on the PK too.
You and Me, Even after everything
You're the Queen and I'm the King
Nothing else means anything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullyFan For This Useful Post:
bruiser11 (03-14-2012), Frank Jaeger (03-15-2012)
Old 03-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtocchet View Post
Well.......when I started this thread I had all aspects of the game in mind. Mr "hockey doc" who mysteriously is missing in this post (after I told him to respond) had a lot to say about the 2. He called Prust a guy who could not beat Rinaldo in a fight and made it out like Rinaldo was an all around better player. With that said.....I hope Rinaldo finds his game and turns into a Prust type player. We need more of him in the league. Hockey Doc.....one last thing.....the only only true hockey doc goes by the last name Emerick. You should really stop posting such homer nonsense.
A) What's the point of acknowledging Hockey Doc as a human being?

B) This thread is stupid because the answer is so obvious.

C) Lucic all day, bro.
The Following User Says Thank You to MattBurger For This Useful Post:
thekidd21 (03-21-2012)
Old 03-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBurger View Post
A) What's the point of acknowledging Hockey Doc as a human being?

B) This thread is stupid because the answer is so obvious.

C) Lucic all day, bro.

A) He is not....but we all know that. He was afraid to put his 2 cents into this thread even after I baited him.

B) I know I was being captain obvious here........just proving a point to the afore mentioned jackass

C) Not part of this thread even if he is capable of being your next Cam Neely (which I do hope......for Boston's sake).
Old 03-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Hall of Famer

Just a bit of trivia here that some posters just may be interested in .

Prust and Rinaldo are friends , they both have played for the London Knights and work out every summer in London Ontario along with players like Corey Perry , John Erskine , Dan Girardi and a slew of other players that have played for the Knights , many call London home in the off season .
They both train with the same MMA trainer in the off season .

George Gross : At L.A. Kings/Toronto Game In 1970 ...
The Following User Says Thank You to fansince65 For This Useful Post:
thekidd21 (03-21-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtocchet View Post
A) He is not....but we all know that. He was afraid to put his 2 cents into this thread even after I baited him.

B) I know I was being captain obvious here........just proving a point to the afore mentioned jackass

C) Not part of this thread even if he is capable of being your next Cam Neely (which I do hope......for Boston's sake).
Here's my $.02 a-hole, I agree with most of the other posters here that this is the dumbest foking thread ever posted on this website, started by the dumbest foking poster.

Duh, let's start a thread between Chris Pronger and John Scott, who is the better D-man? Gee, I wonder who that would be?

Stop embarassing your ancestors retard.