Old 07-10-2012, 04:27 PM
Coach

Cross is a seasoned rookie

Quote:
By his senior season, Cross matured into a safer, more reliable defenseman. Cross should be the same as a pro. Cross, who should start 2012-13 in Providence, projects to be a bottom-pairing, stay-at-home NHL defenseman. His coaches will expect Cross to play a conservative and physical game.

In that nature, Cross could become a defensive defenseman in the mold of ex-Bruin Mark Stuart. The 6-foot-2-inch, 210-pound Cross likes to lean on forwards and plays with some bite. Cross will have to hone that edge as a pro. He will be expected to fight when necessary.

“The physical component of his game, I think, will continue to get better and better in the pro environment,” said Sweeney. “In the college environment, as a forward, I think you’re involved a little more physically. As a defenseman, it’s probably a little harder, except down low and in front of the net. Tommy seems to understand when to step up in the neutral zone and pick his spots. Physically, I think he’s looking forward to the challenge of what bigger and stronger guys at the pro level represent.”
Full Article
The Following User Says Thank You to blackngold For This Useful Post:
Boston Garden (07-11-2012)
Advertisement

Tags
boston bruins, tommy cross