satisfactory
Old 02-15-2007, 08:25 AM
Hall of Famer

Free Directv Hotpass at Daytona

This weekend, Directv is having a free preview of it's hotpass package.This week's drivers are;

Drivers mix ch.794
Tony Stewart ch.795
Jimmie Johnson ch.796
Kevin Harvick ch.797
Michael Waltrip ch.798
Dale Jr. ch.799

There's five different camera angles in the cars and you get to hear all audio between spotter's and the crew chiefs. Should be some interesting banter on these and I'm guessing it won't be censored. I'll be going between Jr.s and Stewarts channels.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:40 AM
Hall of Famer

Isn't Waltrip suspended from racing at Daytona?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerri1029 View Post
Just his crew chief. Michael was fined 100 driver points but gets to drive.

Thanks for the DirecTV info. I hope I get a chance to use it.

"Some jerk infected the Internet with an outright lie. It shows how easy it is to do and how credulous people are." Kurt Vonnegut
Old 02-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smerri1029 View Post
I believe that he is appealing his suspension as well. Why i dont know? Like he is actually going to be competitive.

Excellent post Bustoff, I believe that Nascar In-car On-Demand will also be available for anyone who has digital cable as well. It should be on the pay-per-view channels. Not sure which ones though
Old 02-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Veteran

I usually like to watch the race from the good-ol'-fashioned helicopter-type view....just because its easier to see whats goin on...

BUT..you gotta love being able to go with NASCAR IN-CAR..when there's a wreck...or when a particular driver is not doing well..or vice-versa...and being able to hear what the driver, crew-chief, etc have to say....

The in-car has its ups and downs...but i definitely like the fact that we even have the option to watch races from that view...technology is awesome...

--Speaking of technology..a lot of times last year when watchin NASCAR IN-CAR..the quality wasn't that good...there were numerous times that the driver i wanted to watch would cut out the visual...and the only thing i would see is black..and the drivers voice talkin to the crew-cheif ...hopefully they enhanced the signal this year so that doesn't continue to be a problem..
"(Mark) Bell looks like the kind of guy you would invite to Las Vegas with a bunch of friends because he would provide security in nightclub and there is a pretty good chance he would end up naked in a hotel fountain."
-quote from John Buccigross's Power Rankings on ESPN.com-
Old 02-20-2007, 07:37 AM
Hall of Famer

Did'nt care for it. They ran the damn commercials instead of having you listen to the drivers and crew chiefs. I won't get it.
Old 02-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Hall of Famer

I agree. I wasn't impressed by the hot pass.

"Some jerk infected the Internet with an outright lie. It shows how easy it is to do and how credulous people are." Kurt Vonnegut