Old 09-07-2012, 09:12 PM
News Junkie

RiverKings Sign Jesse Mireau and Jeremy Dawes

SOUTHAVEN, Miss. -- Mississippi RiverKings Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Derek Landmesser announced today the team has signed forwards Jesse Mireau and Jeremy Dawes for the 2012-13 season. Terms and conditions were not released.

Mireau, 21, spent his first three seasons playing in the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League (SJHL) for the Melfort Mustangs, 09-11, and the Melville Millionaires for the 2011-2012 season. Mireau had a total of 175 points and 197 penalty minutes in his three season junior career.

"I've heard nothing but good things about the team," said Mireau. "I'm excited to come down to Southaven and begin my pro career in the SPHL."

Coach Landmesser hopes to see Mireau continue playing with the edge that brought him success at the junior level.

"Mireau is a young player who had a very solid junior career," said Landmesser. "He plays with gritt and can put the puck in the net."

The 5'10" 175 pound forward had 29 points in 49 games last season with the Millionaires and totaled 51 penalty minutes to cap off a four-year junior career.

Dawes, 25, comes to the RiverKings after a four-year career with St. Scholastica College. Prior to his college playing career, Dawes played in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League (MJHL) for two seasons with the Portage Terriers totaling 122 points and 99 penalty minutes in 82 games.

"Dawes is a solid two-way player," said Landmesser. "He will contribute at both ends of the rink."

In his four-year college hockey career, the Winnipeg, Man. native, totaled 56 points and 40 penalty minutes with St. Scholastica College. The 5'11" 181 pound forward will start his first professional hockey season with the RiverKings for the 2012-2013 campaign.
Advertisement

Tags
jeremy dawes, jesse mireau, mississippi riverkings