Old 11-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Rather it be the Rams than the Blues. Betcha the Jags are in St. Louis soon.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook1 View Post
Well I'm just relaying info from somebody working on the project. I can guarantee its not a team from Florida.
LA is in the market for two teams. I would lay a lot of money down that one of the teams moving is from Florida. Jacksonville and Tampa are in really bad shape and Miami is not far behind. Jacksonville alone has a crazy blackout percentage. Any one with half a brain will tell you that franchise needs moved before it eventually dies there.

I'd trust your info there though, the Rams are a team that could move for sure. I just think they get their new stadium before they have it signed, sealed, and delivered that they are moving.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post
LA is in the market for two teams. I would lay a lot of money down that one of the teams moving is from Florida. Jacksonville and Tampa are in really bad shape and Miami is not far behind. Jacksonville alone has a crazy blackout percentage. Any one with half a brain will tell you that franchise needs moved before it eventually dies there.

I'd trust your info there though, the Rams are a team that could move for sure. I just think they get their new stadium before they have it signed, sealed, and delivered that they are moving.
Yep Florida is a fukin stinkhole when it comes to fans, better yet its a joke. The Jax owner has a no move clause.

I'm pretty sure the powers that be in Cali wanted Bradford before Gabbert.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustoff View Post
Rather it be the Rams than the Blues. Betcha the Jags are in St. Louis soon.
As goofy as it would be, I could see that scenario happening. The Rams have a much better shot at moving to LA in the very near future, but the St. Louis market is too good to pass up. Jacksonville I think will be a more difficult move, but that organization and lack of any real fan base makes it a prime team to try and get. As someone else said, Tampa and Miami aren't in solid shape either, but both have stronger ties to the state than the Jaguars. But in general, Florida is horrible for any sport besides Florida St, the Hurricanes and the Gators.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post

Where do you get two teams? LA has already had the Rams, the Raiders (2X?) and haven't been able to support those.

Obviously, a market like LA should be able to support 2 teams, but it just doesn't seem like they actually will...
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook1 View Post
Yep Florida is a fukin stinkhole when it comes to fans, better yet its a joke. The Jax owner has a no move clause.

I'm pretty sure the powers that be in Cali wanted Bradford before Gabbert.
Would you blame them? I just don't know how Jacksonville got a team in the first place...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarmer View Post
Where do you get two teams? LA has already had the Rams, the Raiders (2X?) and haven't been able to support those.

Obviously, a market like LA should be able to support 2 teams, but it just doesn't seem like they actually will...
LA's current plan is to have one team for 5-10 years, but they would like to add a second team too. Not sure if they would share the same field or not, from what I've seen they would be building their own stadium. It's also not out of the question the Raiders just do a LA Angels type deal too.

LA's problem is the same for Atlanta too many people that have been loyal to another franchise for decades beforehand. Was foolish of them to ever let either team go.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:49 PM
News Junkie

Miami could be moved...a stadium deal fell thru over the weekend that cost them any shot at Super Bowl 50 or 51
Old 05-07-2013, 03:08 PM
All-Star

was just gonna post that^ lol. miami became the frontrunner to move, probably via a sale
RIP Probie
Old 07-05-2013, 04:31 PM
News Junkie

Rams didn't get approval on money for renovations
Old 07-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Clever admin title

Missouri is facing a budget shortfall of between $600M and a billion dollars. I think the last thing the state, or city of St Louis, should be concerned with is upgrading a stadium for a team owned by a guy worth over $4 billion.

Just saying...
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011