hockeyfights.com forums

hockeyfights.com forums (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/)
-   Football (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f54/)
-   -   Who's moving back to LA? (http://www.hockeyfights.com/forums/f54/whos-moving-back-la-177104/)

JKidd 09-28-2012 10:02 PM

Who's moving back to LA?

Quote:

LOS ANGELES -- Stadium developers cleared the final political hurdle to bringing the NFL back to Los Angeles on Friday when the city council unanimously approved plans to build a $1.5 billion football stadium downtown.

The next step before construction can begin, potentially next spring, is to convince an NFL team -- or maybe two -- to move.

"We're not trying to steal a franchise and we're not trying to force them to move before they make a decision to move," said Tim Leiweke, CEO of Anschutz Entertainment Group, the company behind the project. "That's up to the individual owners out there today. But we will be very active in letting them know, despite what a lot of people thought, we have a deal with the city, we've gone through this process and we are shovel-ready.

If NFL owners approve a team's move to Los Angeles next spring, the city will issue bonds to pay for a projected $314 million convention center building next door to the stadium. Those bonds eventually would be repaid by AEG.

It could take about four years for the stadium and adjoining convention center to be finished, but an NFL team could move to Los Angeles before then and play in one of the existing stadiums in the city.
More...

JKidd 09-28-2012 10:04 PM

Someone tell me if you've heard this before, but both the Rams and Raiders appear to be front runners to move to LA.

HordiBrusk29 09-29-2012 05:07 AM

Why not Jacksonville?

chilly 09-29-2012 07:25 AM

the owner who just bought the team has some clause in the contract to keep jacksonville there for a certain amount of years or else he has to pay the old owner a decent chunk of money for moving the team.

HordiBrusk29 09-29-2012 07:30 AM

Oh yeah, I vaguely remember hearing about that before.

D Y B FLYERS 09-29-2012 10:44 AM

Jacksonville would be the team I'd like to see move to Los Angeles, or maybe even Carolina. My guess is probably on the Rams though.

Sputnik 09-29-2012 03:09 PM

Chargers, heard SD is a horrible sport city and they cannot even fill their stadium.

bustoff 10-04-2012 07:03 AM

If Kronke gets his wish of another stadium or an over the top renovation of the Jones Dome, the Rams are staying put. I think the Raiders might be going back.

ruffryder 10-14-2012 02:39 PM

Stan can buy AEG

lefthook1 11-26-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bustoff (Post 2516414)
If Kronke gets his wish of another stadium or an over the top renovation of the Jones Dome, the Rams are staying put. I think the Raiders might be going back.

As of right now you are probably wrong. My buddies wife works in LA for AEG and she finally spit it out. Gonna be the Rams.

thepolishkid88 11-27-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefthook1 (Post 2530575)
As of right now you are probably wrong. My buddies wife works in LA for AEG and she finally spit it out. Gonna be the Rams.

Many think the Rams will move. The Blues and Rams are fighting for new stadiums/arenas but the city won't budge. I think they will stay, the Vikings eventually got what they wanted as well.

In all honesty I think it will be a Florida team and it will be the Bucs. Blackouts are common place and believe it or not EJS is now almost 15 years old if not older. Most stadiums these days lose their appeal after 1.7 years. The Bucs make the most sense of the NFL landscape currently. We should find out soon since the owners have to vote on the move as well.

illukka 11-27-2012 07:46 AM

i thought that i read somwhere that the Rams too have clauses in their stadium deal that would make the team pay large sums of money to the city if the team was moved, any others remember anything like that? i think more of oakland moving..

lefthook1 11-27-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 (Post 2530585)
Many think the Rams will move. The Blues and Rams are fighting for new stadiums/arenas but the city won't budge. I think they will stay, the Vikings eventually got what they wanted as well.

In all honesty I think it will be a Florida team and it will be the Bucs. Blackouts are common place and believe it or not EJS is now almost 15 years old if not older. Most stadiums these days lose their appeal after 1.7 years. The Bucs make the most sense of the NFL landscape currently. We should find out soon since the owners have to vote on the move as well.

Well I'm just relaying info from somebody working on the project. I can guarantee its not a team from Florida.

bustoff 11-27-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lefthook1 (Post 2530575)

Yeah, I can believe it now. The city and Rams are way apart on what needs to be done. The city wants to revamp the Jones Dome and the Rams just want a new one.

lefthook1 11-27-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bustoff (Post 2530663)
Yeah, I can believe it now. The city and Rams are way apart on what needs to be done. The city wants to revamp the Jones Dome and the Rams just want a new one.

Without saying to much, it sounds like a done deal.