Go Back   hockeyfights.com forums > Life / Whatever / Misc > Other Sports > Football

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Hall of Famer

Report: Chiefs player kills girlfriend, drives to team facility and commits suicide

Reports are just coming in regarding a tragedy involving the Kansas City Chiefs, but here's what we know at this time. According to KCTV-5 News in Kansas City, an Chiefs player shot and killed his girlfriend at a house near 54th street and Chrysler Avenue on Saturday morning.

The player then drove to a practice facility near the team's main campus and took his own life. The team's Arrowhead practice facility was evacuated and is currently on police lockdown.

"We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning," the team said in a statement this morning. "We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation."

According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, the name of the player will not be revealed until his family is informed. Glazer also reports that Chiefs players have been asked to assemble at the team's main facility so that they can be informed of all the details.

The Chiefs are scheduled to play the Carolina Panthers at Arrowhead at 1:00 PM ET Sunday.

Stay tuned for updates on this developing story.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...1891--nfl.html
Rick Rypien
Lokomotiv
Add me on Xbox Live: SKoTTee85
Advertisement
Old 12-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Hall of Famer

Just saw this on ESPN, what a shame.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Javon Belcher is apparently the person in question here. Got in an argument with his girlfriend, shot her then went to the facility and apparently shot himself in front of some Chiefs coaches.

Horribly sad.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Hall of Famer

"No woman no cry" - Bob Marley.

"No woman no murder-suicide" -FBC
Old 12-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post
Javon Belcher is apparently the person in question here. Got in an argument with his girlfriend, shot her then went to the facility and apparently shot himself in front of some Chiefs coaches.

Horribly sad.
Jeez I hope not. He's from my area and I've played against him before. He was a damn good player and a great guy. This sucks.

IslesEnforcers.com
Website|Youtube|Twitter
Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhateLindros View Post
Jeez I hope not. He's from my area and I've played against him before. He was a damn good player and a great guy. This sucks.
Evidently not.

- Sloth
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BROKEN*ORBITAL For This Useful Post:
Cat Smasher (12-04-2012), flex_buff_chest (12-01-2012), Humpzilla (12-01-2012), lefthook1 (12-01-2012), OBA (12-01-2012), pesadillamal (12-01-2012), theknuckler (12-04-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhateLindros View Post
Multiple reports coming out saying it is indeed him. Not sure what lead to this but it is a real shame man. Never want to see someone go out like that.

Feel for all the people effected by this. Just a sad sad day.

EDIT: Wow...
Quote:
KCPD say the player thanked both men before taking his life, and that Pioli and Crennel did not feel threatened. KCPD not revealing identity
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora

Last edited by thepolishkid88; 12-01-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Hall of Famer

Sad
Chiefs player involved in apparent murder-suicide at team facility

Charles LeClaire-US PRESSWIRE

Tragedy struck in the NFL early Saturday morning with the news that a Kansas City Chiefs player committed suicide at the team's Arrowhead Stadium practice facility, after shooting and killing his girlfriend at home a short time earlier, SI.com has learned.

The player who shot himself was said to be fourth-year linebacker Jovan Belcher, 25, but Kansas City police and team officials have not confirmed his identity. There are no other known injuries at the Chiefs facility.

The Chiefs released a statement saying: "We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning. We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2Doy0gc7c
Old 12-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post
Multiple reports coming out saying it is indeed him. Not sure what lead to this but it is a real shame man. Never want to see someone go out like that.

Feel for all the people effected by this. Just a sad sad day.

EDIT: Wow...

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora
Really? I'd say it was an alright way for a murderer to go out. Getting blown away in a shootout with the police would have been better, but splattering his own brains gets a passing grade in my books.

- Sloth
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BROKEN*ORBITAL For This Useful Post:
chilly666 (12-04-2012), OBA (12-01-2012), theknuckler (12-04-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Hall of Famer

bad season get's worse
Old 12-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Hall of Famer

So he gets into a domestic dispute with his (girlfriend) probably one was caught cheating (speculating) and they were going to break up. So he kills her and himself. What a great guy Dont forget she has parents, siblings, grandparents, friends that will never get to hold, hug or tell her they love her again. What a great guy as he then offs himself in front of coaches who have to live with that for the rest of their lives. Dude there are other women and counselors in the world so get som help. Selfish act...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rondo For This Useful Post:
blackngold (12-01-2012), flex_buff_chest (12-01-2012), lefthook1 (12-02-2012), pesadillamal (12-01-2012), theknuckler (12-04-2012), trey383 (12-01-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Hall of Famer

i believe i read he has a child with her as well.

Reach beyond the sun.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruby View Post
i believe i read he has a child with her as well.
Does indeed and that is by far the worst part. Only 3 months old...
Old 12-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondo View Post
So he gets into a domestic dispute with his (girlfriend) probably one was caught cheating (speculating) and they were going to break up. So he kills her and himself. What a great guy Dont forget she has parents, siblings, grandparents, friends that will never get to hold, hug or tell her they love her again. What a great guy as he then offs himself in front of coaches who have to live with that for the rest of their lives. Dude there are other women and counselors in the world so get som help. Selfish act...
You were right about one thing. You are speculating. Without knowing him personally and what was going on in his life, don't assume why he did what he did and his possible alternatives.

I'm not condoning murder, but its easy to play preacher when you have no involvement of what may have been going on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baronking For This Useful Post:
DARCY T (12-01-2012), IhateLindros (12-01-2012)
Old 12-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Hall of Famer

CBS Sports Fantasy guy giving instant analysis about your fantasy team and the implications it has on the CAR-KC game tomorrow. No joke, its real you can check it out on their site.