Old 06-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Clever admin title

Percy Harvin wants out of Minnesota

Quote:
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- The Minnesota Vikings have "no interest at all in trading" receiver Percy Harvin, general manager Rick Spielman said Wednesday, possibly upsetting Harvin further.

After participating in a light walk-through practice on Wednesday morning with his teammates, Harvin wasn't present for the full afternoon practice. Head coach Leslie Frazier declined to go into detail on Harvin's absence and said he wasn't sure if one of the team's most important players would be around for the final day Thursday.

"We're going to talk more in detail," Frazier said. "We have a lot of things to talk about."

Earlier Wednesday, Spielman refused to confirm that Harvin had requested a trade, as sources have confirmed to ESPN.com's John Clayton, but made it clear it would be a moot point regardless.

Harvin voiced frustration with the Vikings on Tuesday at the first day of mandatory minicamp. He did not say what his specific issues were with the team, only saying he was unhappy with several things and wanted them addressed before training camp begins at the end of July.

"I just put it this way: There's a lot of different things that have to be sorted out," Harvin said Tuesday. "Just haven't been really happy lately. We've got a couple of things to work on. I'm here in the classroom. We'll go from there."

Harvin is due to make $915,000 in the fourth year of a five-year rookie deal. That total is much lower than veterans Michael Jenkins and Jerome Simpson, with neither coming close to his production on the field.
More...
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Hall of Famer

So, let me get this straight. the Vikes work throught all his problems with migraines, chilly coddled him. He cried when Moss barked his way out of town... again. He spends the last 5 minutes standing on the sidelines most weeks, and now he wants more money, and not only that, taking it to the media?

Unless they get an awesome trade offer, I'd let him rot in purple.

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups

Ice Flyers -2 President's Cups
Old 06-25-2012, 01:41 AM
Hall of Famer

harvin is so injury prone. any team wouldn't give up anything important to them. what an idiot going to the media like that.
"My phone rings, they call me up and say, 'Chael your testosterone level is too high.' I say, 'well how high was it?' They say '.07'. I said 'what's normal?' They say '.06'; I said 'one tenth? You're telling me, i'm one tenth higher than the average man? Re-test that, you must've caught me on a low day.'"