Old 09-23-2004, 03:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonmask616
1punchko: Bite me!

Anyway, the defense turned out to be the difference as I expected. The Eagles pressured Culpepper all day and kept Moss contained. Tice abandoned the run waaayyyy too early IMO and he still sucks as a coach. Btw, This could be a letdown week against the Lions coming off a big MNF win.

The Eagles defense was the difference, hell the winking only stopped the Eagles once. The Vikiking did a good job at holding on to the ball for so much tic, but did a game losing job at tacking on points.

The funny thing about the Eagles pressuring Culpepper was they were doing it without blitzing which allowed the Safteys to stay at home, which took away any deep threat to Moss.

What run game? Ontario smith is good but they are much better off atleast trying to go over the top with Moss. Atleast until Bennette comes back.

Until a team actually stops the Eagles offense, there are ZERO signs of a let down. And Big Red is usually very good at not letting his team take a week off.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:51 PM
Hall of Famer

A question??

First off every team is beatable, but with that being said, someone look down the Eagles schedule and tell me the game that you think they are going to get beat. I look down on their schedule and I can tell you, that they will most likely be favored in the rest of the games they play this season.

I am a little threatened about their bend don't break defense, but if they bend and give up field goals everytime down the field, that means the opposing teams defense would have to stop the Eagles offense 50% of the time to compete and so far this season that has not happen and until it does I can not complain.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:28 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001
First off every team is beatable, but with that being said, someone look down the Eagles schedule and tell me the game that you think they are going to get beat. I look down on their schedule and I can tell you, that they will most likely be favored in the rest of the games they play this season.
If the game at St Louis was today, the Eagles would probably be 2 1/2 or 3 point dogs. Barring a crapper season by the Rams I wouldnt expect them to be favored when they meet later this year. That would definitely be the most losable game I see (besides this Sunday )
Old 09-23-2004, 05:31 PM
Minor Leaguer

Since when does a team need a good running game to run on the Eagles D? I see where you're coming from, but I still think Tice gave up on the run way too early. Btw, the main reason the Eagles were able to contain the long range passing game was Kearse. Some say he's lost a step but he sure looked fast as hell to me. He shadowed Culpepper all day and took him out of his comfort zone.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:02 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Since when does a team need a good running game to run on the Eagles D? I see where you're coming from, but I still think Tice gave up on the run way too early. Btw, the main reason the Eagles were able to contain the long range passing game was Kearse. Some say he's lost a step but he sure looked fast as hell to me. He shadowed Culpepper all day and took him out of his comfort zone.
Good post Crimson i agree Kearse looked great
against one of the best q.b's in the league.
The big fact here is you can move the ball all day long and if you don't score it don't mean jack.As for Smith good back or not Tice did give up on the run to qiuck.Whether Minn. shot themselves in the foot or not the Eagles d. played very well.The Vikings i believe almost if not did double the Eagles in t.o.p and lost.Thier losses will come to Wash.Dallas and the Giants.All them games will be split.the Eagles will win the division with ease this year no reason not to win at least 11 or 12 games this year.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:18 AM
Minor Leaguer

Yup. The only stat that counts at the end of the day is points allowed and the Eagles red zone D has been Incredible.

Btw, is anyone else worried about the short work week for the Eagles going in to play the Lions? Considering McNabb has just joined the ranks of fatherhood, you gotta wonder how his preparation will be affected.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:57 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasdanewjack
Thier losses will come to Wash.Dallas and the Giants.All them games will be split.the Eagles will win the division with ease this year no reason not to win at least 11 or 12 games this year.
I think the Eagles toughest games will be against the Panthers, Ravens and the Pack. These teams will try and use ball control by running on the Eagles instead of the quick score. Plus the Panthers and Ravens have D's that can put pressure on McNabb. The Rams like the Vikes don't have a D that can stop the Eagles.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Yup. The only stat that counts at the end of the day is points allowed and the Eagles red zone D has been Incredible.

Btw, is anyone else worried about the short work week for the Eagles going in to play the Lions? Considering McNabb has just joined the ranks of fatherhood, you gotta wonder how his preparation will be affected.

Lions secondary is banged up. Eagles should expose it. Also, Westbrook on the turf should be even faster. Look for Kerse to get his first set of sacks.

Eagles will probably come out to a slwoer start but should get it together.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:38 PM
Hall of Famer

Westbrook on the turf was never a factor, but either was the Detroit Lions.

Game was over before it started.

Looking forward to next week. Huum, Eagles a little banged up, but I see nothing short of a 20 point win.

Going out and saying Eagles 31, Bears 6.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:11 AM
Super All-Star

Anyone else agree that this is the best offense ever here in Philadelphia? I wish this offense was on the Buddy Ryan teams to match the equally impressive defense. It seems that when one guy goes down, they plug in someone else, and the system makes them successful.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridge29
Anyone else agree that this is the best offense ever here in Philadelphia? I wish this offense was on the Buddy Ryan teams to match the equally impressive defense. It seems that when one guy goes down, they plug in someone else, and the system makes them successful.

This is without a doubt the best offense the Eagles have ever had, but with that being said, the NFL has made the game into a more offensive league. The talent is just far greater though.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:29 AM
Hall of Famer

Did someone say 4 and 0?
and receiving
undefiled.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:12 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
Did someone say 4 and 0?
The Eagles Offence is just to much to contain. You use to lose to the Eagles because of that D now this year teams are losing to them because of the Eagles Offence. The defence is still good but not what it once ws a couple years back. Since Owens has joined the offence is playing great, he opens up everything.
I cant wait for the game at Giant stadium, should be a great game if both teams continue the way they are playing.
"For me to just go out there and grab the other guys arms and wrestle around,throw a couple punches and not really make it exciting it's not going to do anything for me or the hockey club" Craig Coxe on fighting...
Old 10-05-2004, 02:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major
The Eagles Offence is just to much to contain. You use to lose to the Eagles because of that D now this year teams are losing to them because of the Eagles Offence. The defence is still good but not what it once ws a couple years back. Since Owens has joined the offence is playing great, he opens up everything.
I cant wait for the game at Giant stadium, should be a great game if both teams continue the way they are playing.

I wouldn't count off the D as not being as good as say 3 years ago. We have really not seen them tested yet. What I mean by that is, the Eagles have jumped out to huge leads in all the games and that usually means relaxed players. Each week they have lowered the score on all of their opponents. Their sacks are up and their run defense is near top 5 in the league, mostley due to teams haveing to throw because they are down. But the best defense is a great offense.

I really want to see what this team is like in a true dog fight. I don't see Carolina giving it to them, but she be a good game. I see tough games against the Ravens, but they don't have the offense and a real tough game after the Ravens against the Steelers. thats the one where the D could be tested with the running game of Duce and Bettis.

Either way this season has been fun to watch.

By the way, did I hear someone from the Giants claiming pay back for the hit on Eli in week 1.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Hall of Famer

ok, so...
5 and what now?
and receiving
undefiled.