Old 08-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Hall of Famer

New York Jets Thread

I didnt see a 09 Jets thread yet so i decided to make one. Rookie QB who looks great so far, and what looks like an outstanding defense. Bart Scott, Lito Sheppard, and Jim Leonhard are the big newbies. TJ, Cotchery, and Smith can light a fire at any time and Stuckey and Revis are filling their potential. Now begins the Rex Ryan era...
Old 08-20-2009, 07:57 AM
Hall of Famer

The Jets Defense looks really solid. Not happy that Calvin Pace is suspended for the 1st 4 games for steroids which means he'll be out for the home opener against the Pats.

It will be interesting to see how the Jets offense works this year. I would think that if Sanchez gets the starting job they will be more of a running team. Especially with Tomas Jones and Leon Washington and a solid O-line. Not to mention that it will give Sanchez a chance to get comfortable playing in the NFL.

This looks like it could be a good year but with the Jets you NEVER know.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Hall of Famer

Sanchez looked alright, Kellen is looking pretty good so far. Our secondary looks absolutely amazing right now
Old 08-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Hall of Famer

this team is looking pretty solid, but unfortunatly pretty solid doesn't fare well in the AFC. it's bad that the jets will basically be riding on sanchez (if he starts) to make a run. i just wanna give this kid some time and let him relax
"My phone rings, they call me up and say, 'Chael your testosterone level is too high.' I say, 'well how high was it?' They say '.07'. I said 'what's normal?' They say '.06'; I said 'one tenth? You're telling me, i'm one tenth higher than the average man? Re-test that, you must've caught me on a low day.'"
Old 08-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Hall of Famer

Yea that first game against the pats will be fun for pretty boy Sanchez. He will be on his butt a few times that game.

Jets will be lucky to make playoffs this year.......
Old 08-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Hall of Famer

I wish they'd use Brad Smith more often.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight Fan View Post
Yea that first game against the pats will be fun for pretty boy Sanchez. He will be on his butt a few times that game.

Jets will be lucky to make playoffs this year.......
Yeah because that Patriot defense is really intimidating . Theres alot more defenses in the NFL that Id be intimidated of before the Patriots (Steelers, Giants, Ravens being some of them).

I do agree with one thing you said...the Jets will be lucky to make the playoffs. Lets face the facts, our starting QB is either going to a rookie or Kellen Clemens who has yet to do ANYTHING in a jets jersey. If it werent for Leon Washington, this would be a very below average offense. I love Jericho Cotchery, but when he is your #1 receiver on the depth chart....the Jets need these young players to step up this season. Brad Smith needs to be a more consistent part of this team's offense-not just on the reverse. Dont even get me started on that waste of space Vernon Gholston.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotvinSucks View Post
Yeah because that Patriot defense is really intimidating . Theres alot more defenses in the NFL that Id be intimidated of before the Patriots (Steelers, Giants, Ravens being some of them).

I do agree with one thing you said...the Jets will be lucky to make the playoffs. Lets face the facts, our starting QB is either going to a rookie or Kellen Clemens who has yet to do ANYTHING in a jets jersey. If it werent for Leon Washington, this would be a very below average offense. I love Jericho Cotchery, but when he is your #1 receiver on the depth chart....the Jets need these young players to step up this season. Brad Smith needs to be a more consistent part of this team's offense-not just on the reverse. Dont even get me started on that waste of space Vernon Gholston.

Even though i hate the jets there going in the right direction finally! Favre was a reach for you guys,Sanchez will be a stud once he gets some experience. So hopefully the rivalry with jets and pats gets better then it has been. Its hard to hate a rival when they suck.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Even though i hate the jets there going in the right direction finally! Favre was a reach for you guys,Sanchez will be a stud once he gets some experience. So hopefully the rivalry with jets and pats gets better then it has been. Its hard to hate a rival when they suck.
I wanna see how Brady does against our secondary. Thats gonna be a great matchup. Brady vs Revis, Sheppard, Leonhard, and Rhodes. While he's worrying about them hes gonna have guys like Pace, Scott, Jenkins, and Harris busting through the line and getting right in his face. Haha, maybe not pace since he got busted for getting too beastly too fast *cough* roids *cough*. He'll see em in a few months though when we go to foxboro

Last edited by StealinUrCar06; 08-25-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:33 AM
Hall of Famer

As per Mark Cannizzaro at the New York Post, Mark Sanchez has been named starting QB of our 2009 New York Jets.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotvinSucks View Post
As per Mark Cannizzaro at the New York Post, Mark Sanchez has been named starting QB of our 2009 New York Jets.
Thrown right into the fire, huh? OK, we'll go with that. I never really understood why they did the whole "young QB has to be a bench-warmer for the first couple of years" in the NFL anyway.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:18 PM
Hall of Famer

this is going to be an intresting year. a lot is riding on this year. not that im thinkin they'll make the playoffs, but they need to show they're making progress. **** man being a jets and islanders fan this **** is really hard to go through.
"My phone rings, they call me up and say, 'Chael your testosterone level is too high.' I say, 'well how high was it?' They say '.07'. I said 'what's normal?' They say '.06'; I said 'one tenth? You're telling me, i'm one tenth higher than the average man? Re-test that, you must've caught me on a low day.'"
Old 08-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealinUrCar06 View Post
I wanna see how Brady does against our secondary. Thats gonna be a great matchup. Brady vs Revis, Sheppard, Leonhard, and Rhodes. While he's worrying about them hes gonna have guys like Pace, Scott, Jenkins, and Harris busting through the line and getting right in his face. Haha, maybe not pace since he got busted for getting too beastly too fast *cough* roids *cough*. He'll see em in a few months though when we go to foxboro

Wow your right,im scared of the jets secondary just like im sure Brady is..Brady has beaten better secondarys and defenses. Im sure he isnt losing much sleep because of the jets.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Wow your right,im scared of the jets secondary just like im sure Brady is..Brady has beaten better secondarys and defenses. Im sure he isnt losing much sleep because of the jets.
Bump, we'll see what happens. We got the big bad texans sunday. Lets make it 4 in a row vs em
Old 09-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealinUrCar06 View Post
Bump, we'll see what happens. We got the big bad texans sunday. Lets make it 4 in a row vs em

If Matty boy stays heathly the Texans can be real good this year. With Mario Williams on D and one of the best WR,good rb. They have all the tools to be a good team,barring injury of course.