Old 11-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
UNC sent out a letter/email saying that they were going nowhere (it's up on espn.com)
yea i wasnt sure if it was true or not. I guess just lots of talk going around. Maryland getttin sued for 50 million right now lol

Advertisement
Old 11-27-2012, 08:28 PM
News Junkie

they're only getting sued because (in the suit) the acc is claiming maryland has no intention of paying the league.

them and florida state are the only two who voted against raising the exit fee to $50 million
The Following User Says Thank You to chilly666 For This Useful Post:
HardHitt3n (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Tulane and East Carolina have joined the Big East.....the Big East is now the Big Joke. what a downfall from what it used to be.
East Carolina should be ok. They usually field a decent team. And at least they are in the east. Tulane...they just suck.

At this point I have no idea who is in what conference anymore.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:42 AM
Hall of Famer

Louisville to the ACC according to ACCSports.com

Doesn't suprise me and won't be the last team to leave their conference, apparently the PAC-12 is looking to add some teams as well and are planning their swoop. Still have to resolve the issue of what now appears to be FSU and GT bolting for the Big 12.

Yes, this is purely a money issue.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:23 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post
Louisville to the ACC according to ACCSports.com

Doesn't suprise me and won't be the last team to leave their conference, apparently the PAC-12 is looking to add some teams as well and are planning their swoop. Still have to resolve the issue of what now appears to be FSU and GT bolting for the Big 12.

Yes, this is purely a money issue.
as a vt fan, id love to see them move to another conference. I hate the acc.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardHitt3n View Post
as a vt fan, id love to see them move to another conference. I hate the acc.
VT appears to be fully committed to the ACC. The rest of the conference is otherwise pretty shaky. FSU, GT, and Clemson could bolt for the Big 12 any day now and you add in UNC and UVA probably going to the Big 10 before long and the ACC then becomes the Big East.

They release all the statements they want the minute the Big 10 says come on in they will jump at it. A share for a team in the Big 10 recieves almost $20 million for the Big 10 Network. That erases almost half of Maryland's atheltic department debt and is about 1/3rd of their operating revenue for the year. Insaine.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:41 PM
News Junkie

north carolina and virginia have both come out and said they are going nowhere...big ten money or not.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolishkid88 View Post
VT appears to be fully committed to the ACC. The rest of the conference is otherwise pretty shaky. FSU, GT, and Clemson could bolt for the Big 12 any day now and you add in UNC and UVA probably going to the Big 10 before long and the ACC then becomes the Big East.

They release all the statements they want the minute the Big 10 says come on in they will jump at it. A share for a team in the Big 10 recieves almost $20 million for the Big 10 Network. That erases almost half of Maryland's atheltic department debt and is about 1/3rd of their operating revenue for the year. Insaine.
VT is fully committed to being mediocre lol thats what that means. I hate the acc

Old 11-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
north carolina and virginia have both come out and said they are going nowhere...big ten money or not.
For now. The number of teams that said they won't be jumping ship and issued statements is quite long. That includes newly minted Louisville.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:24 AM
Clever admin title

What a comical joke Arkansas tried pulling in luring Les Miles away from LSU.

Why the **** would Miles walk away from a team as well set as LSU to rebuild an Arkansas program that is a complete mess? And calling them a "complete mess" is being generous.
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 PM
News Junkie

i find it funny that florida could be in a bcs game over georgia if they lose considering georgia beat florida and won their division...this is how dumb the bcs is.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:11 PM
News Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronking View Post
I think the "rule" is a non-bcs conference team would go to a bowl game if they finish in the top 16 and are ranked above all teams in a bcs conference (in this case the Big East has no teams in the top 25)

Right now Kent State is 17 and with a win could jump up if someone like UCLA/FSU/Nebraska or maybe Oklahoma lose.

NIU is 21, so the odds of them moving up that far are slim, but still possible.
big east still gets a bid no matter what...but if niu, stanford, k-state and nevada win, niu could move up into the top 16 and take the "4th" non-guaranteed bcs spot
Old 11-30-2012, 11:39 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
big east still gets a bid no matter what...but if niu, stanford, k-state and nevada win, niu could move up into the top 16 and take the "4th" non-guaranteed bcs spot
Yeah they would most likely boot Oklahoma out, which I'm perfectly fine with. Since NIU won tonight, I still don't see them climbing that high. Somehow 8-4 Michigan, who doesn't play another game is in their way.

Your boy Jordan Lynch looked good. He definitely deserves some Heisman consideration.

UCLA just lost though, so that helps
Old 12-01-2012, 05:32 AM
News Junkie

he's played that way all season...too bad nobody really saw him until now.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:26 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
he's played that way all season...too bad nobody really saw him until now.
Lynch is good, but he doesnt play anybody, someone said the combined record for the teams hes played against was like 50-90.