#421 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 01:06 PM
pigfarmer's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 8,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDoh View Post
Should be more worried about KSU and ORE staying undefeated than the SEC champ if you're a ND fan. 0% chance they jump either of those 2. While the SEC champ thing is 50/50.
I think KSU is fine, but it is going to be rough for Oregon, especially having the extra game.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #422 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 PM
chilly666's Avatar
News Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: my own little world
Posts: 35,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNystromOwnsU View Post
the fact that you keep disregarding the fact that michigan and michigan state wins were not that good makes you foolish when posting that gargle...while those two listed were in the top 25, they are not really top 25 teams compared to the wins that k-state has.

texas tech, oklahoma state, texas > michigan, michigan state, usc combined. it's the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #423 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 09:26 PM
BobNystromOwnsU's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Redneck Riviera
Posts: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
the fact that you keep disregarding the fact that michigan and michigan state wins were not that good makes you foolish when posting that gargle...while those two listed were in the top 25, they are not really top 25 teams compared to the wins that k-state has.

texas tech, oklahoma state, texas > michigan, michigan state, usc combined. it's the truth.
What are you talking about? I posted about common opponents (not surprised you don't want to discuss that).

And it's not even my opinion. Sorry you refuse to hear any argument in "your team's" favor. I'm not so inclined. But I'm just a fan, and have no agenda.

One question though. As wrong as you were about the OU game and most likely the three loss thing, why is your word gospel? Shouldn't you get at least one wild prediction right before you're HF.com's Jimmy The Greek?

You're one strange fan.
__________________
Islanders - 4 Stanley Cups

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups

Ice Flyers -2 President's Cups
Reply With Quote
  #424 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Baronking's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,117
SEC has 3 teams that are winless in conference play. The only other conference to even have 2 is the MAC. So basically SEC is actually the worst.
Reply With Quote
  #425 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 11:20 PM
NickDoh's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Da Yooperland
Posts: 11,336
Let's go ahead and open this can of worms.

Who's the best conference THIS year.

I'm not a fan of the SEC and it mostly has to do with me not being a fan of the south in general, follow very quickly by my disdain for the SEC "fanboys". I mean, I LOVE college football and I LOVE defense, so by all means this should be my go to conference. But it isn't.

That said, I'd be hard pressed to ever argue them any place but top or runner-up conference the last 5ish years. Including this.

They added two teams and the good teams are good and the bad teams are bad this year. That makes it look worse than it really is. Then compound it with the top fellers all getting schedules this year that lined them up with the bottom fellers. Can't play everybody every year, especially when two new guys are dancing.

But the only other conference even in the discussion (that my drunken mind can think of) is the Pac-12. ANd what do you know, this is the only conference lower on my totem-pole than the SEC. BUt lets be clear here. Top to not so much bottom, the SEC is stacked as usual. And the Pac-12 is the same, except they're better at beating each other off the top of the hill. When it was still the Pac-10 that's the one thing I always gave them credit for; play EVERYBODY in the division EVERY year.

So yeah, say what you will but of the two, at this current point in the season, top to bottom, I take the SEC.

Gimme Tenn, UK, Auburn(not so much) over WSU, Cal, Colo any day (today )
Reply With Quote
  #426 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Baronking's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,117
Haha my post was basically meant to point out that its a conversation that can be had but never solved.

I think Pig and I have talked about it previously, but every conference game that is a win for one school is a loss for another school in that same conference. The argument could be had that either the winning team is good, or the losing team is just bad. Essentially its a wash.

Then you move to non-conference games. Matchups between top teams in top conferences are few and far between and when they do happen, they are usually the first or last game of the season. Both giving teams plenty of time to rest, no momentum, time to heal, and 9 times out of 10: played in really nice weather. Therefore all it really determines is which team is more talented.

SEC is probably the conference with the most talented/skilled players. I will give them that and nothing else.

Last edited by Baronking; 11-14-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #427 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2012, 08:22 AM
chilly666's Avatar
News Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: my own little world
Posts: 35,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNystromOwnsU View Post
What are you talking about? I posted about common opponents (not surprised you don't want to discuss that).

And it's not even my opinion. Sorry you refuse to hear any argument in "your team's" favor. I'm not so inclined. But I'm just a fan, and have no agenda.

One question though. As wrong as you were about the OU game and most likely the three loss thing, why is your word gospel? Shouldn't you get at least one wild prediction right before you're HF.com's Jimmy The Greek?

You're one strange fan.
i know who the common opponents were and what happened...you can't look past that to see other opponents and their strength/record. you sit here and trump up notre dame like they have done nothing wrong and have won every game by a landslide.

give some other teams like k-state and oregon a chance and maybe you'll see why notre dame is 3rd behind those two listed...oh wait, you can't be bothered to watch anything except notre dame and syracuse.

notre dame's defense might be well ahead of oregon's (but then again, whose isn't) and ahead of k-state's as well, BUT there offense is so far behind oregon's and a fair amount behind k-state's that i make the thoughts that i do. too bad you're too much of a homer to understand that.
Reply With Quote
  #428 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2012, 08:40 AM
BobNystromOwnsU's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Redneck Riviera
Posts: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
i know who the common opponents were and what happened...you can't look past that to see other opponents and their strength/record. you sit here and trump up notre dame like they have done nothing wrong and have won every game by a landslide.

give some other teams like k-state and oregon a chance and maybe you'll see why notre dame is 3rd behind those two listed...oh wait, you can't be bothered to watch anything except notre dame and syracuse.

notre dame's defense might be well ahead of oregon's (but then again, whose isn't) and ahead of k-state's as well, BUT there offense is so far behind oregon's and a fair amount behind k-state's that i make the thoughts that i do. too bad you're too much of a homer to understand that.
You never answered. Since you've been so wrong on so much other stuff in this thread, what makes you HF.com's Jimmy The Greek?

I posted this thread on my twitter account. A couple people asked why you give ND less respect than every person here who claims to hate them. One guy claimed you must be miserable to watch the game with. I had yor back on that one, I told him you were just miserable.

As far as what you just said, I have to stop reading your college football posts. Anybody who is as wrong as you are all the time and acts like a BCS expert, can't be taken seriously. You'd rather be right than be wrong and have "your team" win. If that really is your team.
__________________
Islanders - 4 Stanley Cups

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups

Ice Flyers -2 President's Cups
Reply With Quote
  #429 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2012, 10:47 AM
JKidd's Avatar
Clever admin title
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: BC, MN
Posts: 31,965
Something I wanted to pass along.

A buddy of mine finally returned to work today. His reason for being out the past 3 days. He was sick. Why? Alabama, his alma mater, lost on Saturday and lost their #1 ranking.

I **** you not.

Apparently, it was a big deal.
__________________
@Jkidd2624
Favorite in game audio
Boxing Central
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JKidd For This Useful Post:
pigfarmer (11-15-2012)
  #430 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:15 AM
chilly666's Avatar
News Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: my own little world
Posts: 35,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNystromOwnsU View Post
You never answered. Since you've been so wrong on so much other stuff in this thread, what makes you HF.com's Jimmy The Greek?

I posted this thread on my twitter account. A couple people asked why you give ND less respect than every person here who claims to hate them. One guy claimed you must be miserable to watch the game with. I had yor back on that one, I told him you were just miserable.

As far as what you just said, I have to stop reading your college football posts. Anybody who is as wrong as you are all the time and acts like a BCS expert, can't be taken seriously. You'd rather be right than be wrong and have "your team" win. If that really is your team.
for one, im not miserable for about the 300th ****ing time...secondly, how can everyone sit here and give all this respect to notre dame when most games this season it hasn't been a full game from both sides of the ball.

look at alabama, they were winning with defense and were all cocky. guess what they lost to a team at home. im just not one of those idiots that jkidd posted about who is gonna live and die with every game like you seem to be doing. ****, you're the fan that left them for dead vs pittsburgh, but i can't make comments that don't always support them? **** that hypocritical bull****!!

notre dame is having a great season and will make it to a bcs game...but until that offense shows up every week and they don't have letdowns like they did against pittsburgh or a ****ty showing vs a 2-8 team, or shows up in that bcs game, im not gonna get all high and giddy and act like you are.

if you actually take the time to watch the game in full like you claim too...you'd see things that make me leery about praising them as god like you do.
Reply With Quote
  #431 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2012, 01:10 PM
BobNystromOwnsU's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Redneck Riviera
Posts: 4,684
I didn't read any of that. I just wanted to make sure i wasn't the only Irish fan to feel the way I do. I mean no other Irish fans can believe the things you have said in this thread. Stop acting like you're the normal fan and there is something wrong with the rest of us.

Like I said, I'm done discussing football with you. Have a good one.
__________________
Islanders - 4 Stanley Cups

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups

Ice Flyers -2 President's Cups
Reply With Quote
  #432 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2012, 01:14 PM
BobNystromOwnsU's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Redneck Riviera
Posts: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKidd View Post
Something I wanted to pass along.

A buddy of mine finally returned to work today. His reason for being out the past 3 days. He was sick. Why? Alabama, his alma mater, lost on Saturday and lost their #1 ranking.

I **** you not.

Apparently, it was a big deal.
**** me not? Totally believable if you know as many Bama fans as I know. I started a new job the day after Favre threw that pick against the Saints. And half the people that work there are Saints fans. Maybe I should've called and postponed the start of the job.

It still doesn't hold a candle to this Bama fan story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1626939
__________________
Islanders - 4 Stanley Cups

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups

Ice Flyers -2 President's Cups
Reply With Quote
  #433 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2012, 02:35 PM
chilly666's Avatar
News Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: my own little world
Posts: 35,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNystromOwnsU View Post
I didn't read any of that. I just wanted to make sure i wasn't the only Irish fan to feel the way I do. I mean no other Irish fans can believe the things you have said in this thread. Stop acting like you're the normal fan and there is something wrong with the rest of us.

Like I said, I'm done discussing football with you. Have a good one.
at least i can admit downfalls with the team i root for unlike you who hasn't said one bad thing about the offense being horrid, just praising the defense...so again, who's the normal fan? normal fans, can admit anything with their team, you can't so obviously you're nothing but a homer/fake nd fan.

pretty much what you're saying is that any flyers fan is not a fan then because they rag on their team...nice try

Last edited by chilly666; 11-15-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #434 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2012, 02:52 PM
chilly666's Avatar
News Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: my own little world
Posts: 35,688
other things ncaa


too bad northern illinois qb jordan lynch won't get any talk for going to new york this season...the kid is having one hell of a season and topped it off last night with 569 total yds in a win vs toledo. hopefully last night the media saw what this kid can do and gives him props.

2582 pass yds, 22-4 td-int to go with 1504 rushing yds and 16 more td's for lynch compared to collin klein's 2020 pass yds, 12-3 td-int and 748 rushing yds

Last edited by chilly666; 11-15-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #435 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 PM
BobNystromOwnsU's Avatar
Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Redneck Riviera
Posts: 4,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
at least i can admit downfalls with the team i root for unlike you who hasn't said one bad thing about the offense being horrid, just praising the defense...so again, who's the normal fan? normal fans, can admit anything with their team, you can't so obviously you're nothing but a homer/fake nd fan.

pretty much what you're saying is that any flyers fan is not a fan then because they rag on their team...nice try
Yes, keep acting like I'm the different one if that helps you.

BTW, i love how you never answered the question, chilly the greek.
__________________
Islanders - 4 Stanley Cups

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups

Ice Flyers -2 President's Cups

Last edited by BobNystromOwnsU; 11-15-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:26 PM.