Old 11-06-2012, 08:43 AM
News Junkie

i know the number thing has been happening for awhile now...
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawl lover View Post
In all honesty I haven't watched much football since the quarterback stopped being able to be hit and linemen stood on the sideline with blood trickling down the bridges their noses. I did watch the Notre Dame game and wondered....since when can a quarterback and a linebacker wear the same jersey number? Notre Dame QB and LB both wore the No. 5.
I think the rule is, there can unlimited number of the same jersey numbers on one team but players can't be on the field at the same time. The LB and QB not on field at the same time. When I googled the number rule I found ND got away with an uncalled penalty:

Quote:
There may be no greater example of that than a penalty that went uncalled a potential game-winning Pittsburgh field goal that missed in a 29-23 three-overtime Irish win Saturday, a snap on which Notre Dame had two players with the same number on the field at the same time.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...h-11-yard-line

https://twitter.com/Sabres_Captain
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Clever admin title

Hell of a football game last night between FSU and Va Tech.

The Noles have one trap game at Maryland next weekend, and then the big one in Tallahassee against Florida. That very well could get them to a BCS game with a win.

This weekends action:
#11 Oregon State at #14 Stanford
#15 Texas A&M at #1 Alabama
#21 Miss State at #7 LSU

Some other notable, non ranked vs ranked games:
Penn State heads at #16 Nebraska
#2 K-State at TCU *Collin Klein is a game time decision for K-State.*
#24 Northwestern heads to Michigan
MN Wild Team Forum
RIP Bob "Probie" Probert - 7/5/2010
RIP Derek "Boogie Man" Boogaard - 5/13/2011
Old 11-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Hall of Famer

Why is ND/BC on at 8pm on ABC, Other than them being 2 catholic schools. No sense other than 52-10 ND that makes sense. Rout time at the heights.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Hall of Famer

I really like TAMU, and am thinking they come out and play very hard against Bama, with a good chance for the upset.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pigfarmer For This Useful Post:
blades29 (11-09-2012), NickDoh (11-09-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarmer View Post
I really like TAMU, and am thinking they come out and play very hard against Bama, with a good chance for the upset.
My only knock against them is how much they let Louisiana Tech put up. That kinda lets you know they can let a game get away from them (and Alabama won't let them answer enough to win if that's the case.)

That said, I picked them to cover the 13.5pt spread. Think it'll be 27-21 type range game.
The Following User Says Thank You to NickDoh For This Useful Post:
pigfarmer (11-09-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Hall of Famer

I'd take those points and run! (Though home-field advantage is very important in college).
Old 11-09-2012, 01:11 PM
News Junkie

Quote:
ESPN is close to securing media rights for the entire college football playoff system, with industry sources pegging the new 12-year BCS package at $500 million a year.

That means ESPN would own college football’s postseason for a total of $8.6 billion over 12 years, beginning with the 2014 season. That figure, which averages to around $715 million per year, takes into account the $215 million annual payout ESPN has committed to the “contract” bowls — the Rose presented by Vizio, Champions and Discover Orange — in addition to the playoff package.

While a formal announcement could come at some point this month, industry sources cautioned that the two sides still have some contract details to hammer out. Sources say the TV committee, made up of five commissioners, must ultimately approve the deal before it becomes official. A final version of the contract has not yet gone before the TV committee.
Link
Old 11-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarmer View Post
I think TAMU may be another case of "who have they really beat"

Their wins are SMU, South Carolina St., Arkansas, Ole Miss, LA Tech, Auburn, Miss. St.

Of those Louisiana Tech is probably the only decent win and A&M gave up 57 points to them.

I think Bama wins and covers the spread. Their defense should shut the Aggies down.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Hall of Famer

This cack gargling of Manziel is making this game almost unbearable to watch for fuks sake. I would love to see Bama lose and Manziel is special but cmon this is out of control.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Hall of Famer

Glad I was wrong about Bama. Now hopefully the other undefeated teams don't choke allowing an SEC team back into it.
Old 11-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Hall of Famer

Everybody owes pigfarmer a beer.
The Following User Says Thank You to NickDoh For This Useful Post:
pigfarmer (11-11-2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Hall of Famer

johnny football is amazing lol, i know the media has tuned the kid up. But hes certainly worthy of it being a freshman doing what hes doing.

The Following User Says Thank You to HardHitt3n For This Useful Post:
lefthook1 (11-10-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Hall of Famer

Norte Dame won as accepted and with the Bama lost this leaves the door wide open for them. Fighting Irish have to keep chuggin' along. ND can't overlook Wake Forest next week. Most ranked teams that game would be a blowout, not so with our offense.

https://twitter.com/Sabres_Captain
Old 11-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaud19 View Post
Norte Dame won as accepted and with the Bama lost this leaves the door wide open for them. Fighting Irish have to keep chuggin' along. ND can't overlook Wake Forest next week. Most ranked teams that game would be a blowout, not so with our offense.
i def dont wanna see ND in there. They are so overated. and they have a pathetic offense. i would like to see oregon vs, kstate