Old 10-21-2012, 10:40 AM
Hall of Famer

Norte Dame didn't look like a ranked team yesterday againest BYU. The defence bailed out the whole team again. Still no rushing touchdowns allowed.

https://twitter.com/Sabres_Captain
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaud19 View Post
Norte Dame didn't look like a ranked team yesterday againest BYU. The defence bailed out the whole team again. Still no rushing touchdowns allowed.
There season will probably blow up against OKU next weekend, they have only survived the past couple of weeks.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashem View Post
There season will probably blow up against OKU next weekend, they have only survived the past couple of weeks.
I'm not so sure. With the defense they have, all they need to do is survive each week. Oklahoma puts up big numbers against Big 12 defenses, which isn't really saying much. I would not be shocked if the Irish pulled out another close one.

I hope Michigan State misses a bowl game, so they finally make some changes on offense. Andrew Maxwell is 109 out 122 in QB rating this year, yet we go into each week with the same game plan. I gave them a few weeks to work things out since they are young, but they haven't improved at all. They allow 15 points a game and are 4-4. Allowed 1 TD combined in the last 2 weeks and are 0-2. Why they haven't given the backup a chance is beyond me.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronking View Post
I'm not so sure. With the defense they have, all they need to do is survive each week. Oklahoma puts up big numbers against Big 12 defenses, which isn't really saying much. I would not be shocked if the Irish pulled out another close one.

I hope Michigan State misses a bowl game, so they finally make some changes on offense. Andrew Maxwell is 109 out 122 in QB rating this year, yet we go into each week with the same game plan. I gave them a few weeks to work things out since they are young, but they haven't improved at all. They allow 15 points a game and are 4-4. Allowed 1 TD combined in the last 2 weeks and are 0-2. Why they haven't given the backup a chance is beyond me.
MSU got the ball back with 3 to go and all they had to do to win the game was run out the clock. They failed. Michigan marched down the field and Denard came through with a clutch pass to get them in FG range which was successful.

All is right with college football in the state of Michigan as U-M is a dominating 31-12 against MSU since 1970.

Remember the Hemsky incident!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 12:37 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtown View Post
MSU got the ball back with 3 to go and all they had to do to win the game was run out the clock. They failed. Michigan marched down the field and Denard came through with a clutch pass to get them in FG range which was successful.

All is right with college football in the state of Michigan as U-M is a dominating 31-12 against MSU since 1970.
I only got to see the last 5 minutes. Honestly, I was surprised it was that close. I have no problem admitting that Michigan is the better team this year. Maxwell has no confidence and can't make a clutch play to save his life. The defense can only keep them in games so long
Old 10-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Hall of Famer

I of course picked Michigan to cover, so I got double burned.

MSU's play calling is just absurd. I mentioned it after the BSU game week 1; Only team that would do something that works perfectly (in this year's case POUND THE BALL) one drive then completely abandon the idea the rest of the game.

Speaking of Boise, I'm betting they feel mighty silly losing to MSU looking back now.

In other news, If KSU survives the no-defense (besides them) conference I wouldn't mind seeing them in the championship game. They're pretty fun to watch.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDoh View Post
In other news, If KSU survives the no-defense (besides them) conference I wouldn't mind seeing them in the championship game. They're pretty fun to watch.
Sadly, I think its going to be another all SEC barn burner for the championship.

Would be great if the playoff started this year.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronking View Post
Sadly, I think its going to be another all SEC barn burner for the championship.

Would be great if the playoff started this year.
Don't count out Oregon, they have looked very impressive and if they run the table they would appear to be a lock, although an undefeated K-State along with the Ducks would make it interesting and stir a lot of debate.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:26 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersvikes View Post
Don't count out Oregon, they have looked very impressive and if they run the table they would appear to be a lock, although an undefeated K-State along with the Ducks would make it interesting and stir a lot of debate.
I'm a huge fan of Oregon..but the BCS isn't for some reason. They have scored at least 42 points in every game this year and definitely deserve a shot at the title if they run the table.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashem View Post
If OKU can't score. Only survived? What the hell does that even mean?

When the other team can't score, you have a chance in any game. Their offense scares the crap out of me though.

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups

Ice Flyers -2 President's Cups
Old 10-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Hall of Famer

I'm a little sick of seeing people talk about how surprising mississippi state is. Have they seen their schedule?

Anyways, I can't wait for Georgia to get destroyed at home, maybe people will start to realize that the SEC doesn't have any depth whatsoever. And I hate the Sooners, but I hope they begin the downfall of Notre Dame. Gonna be a good weekend, lotta home dogs, maybe some rankings being stirred up some more!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:23 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarmer View Post
I'm a little sick of seeing people talk about how surprising mississippi state is. Have they seen their schedule?

Anyways, I can't wait for Georgia to get destroyed at home, maybe people will start to realize that the SEC doesn't have any depth whatsoever. And I hate the Sooners, but I hope they begin the downfall of Notre Dame. Gonna be a good weekend, lotta home dogs, maybe some rankings being stirred up some more!
I got bad news for you, bro. They might lose to the Sooners, but there is no downfall coming. They have one heck of a football coach who had recruited very well, and coached very well. He's 7-0 and doesn't even have a real qb. I could only imagine if they were a little better at the qb position.

And remember that he has to recruit kids with brains who actually go to class.

Great points on the SEC, which is very top heavy.

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups

The Following User Says Thank You to BobNystromOwnsU For This Useful Post:
pigfarmer (10-26-2012)
Old 10-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarmer View Post

Wow I just looked at it. They will lose to Bama by 30+. And it will look like a "signature" win for them.

The week after this we get Bama vs. LSU and Oregon vs. USC.
The Following User Says Thank You to Baronking For This Useful Post:
pigfarmer (10-26-2012)
Old 10-22-2012, 10:18 PM
News Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNystromOwnsU View Post
I got bad news for you, bro. They might lose to the Sooners, but there is no downfall coming. They have one heck of a football coach who had recruited very well, and coached very well. He's 7-0 and doesn't even have a real qb. I could only imagine if they were a little better at the qb position.
if the irish lose by less than 14, it'll be a miracle. they're gonna go 10-2 then lose in a bcs bowl game...

Last edited by chilly666; 10-22-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly666 View Post
if the irish lose by less than 14, it'll be a miracle. they're gonna go 10-2 then lose in a bcs bowl game...
I can see 10-2, but if they get to a bowl game at 10-2 they will be way better than their opponent and win that game.

Oklahoma might score 14 points. maybe.

Amerks - 6 Calder Cups